Author Topic: >>>TOP GUN<<<  (Read 92146 times)

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: >>>TOP GUN<<<
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2006, 05:31:05 PM »
Wow!
What blows me away is that there are people out there who actually have the time to look for this and then the time to point that stuff out and post it. Things like "the wine bottle keeps rotating" are totally lost on me. I'd never catch that in a million years (probably 'cause I don't care) ;)
If these people would used their gift for good rather than evil, we probably would have a good chance on getting one or the other cancer cured...

Hear, hear.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2006, 05:40:25 PM »

Hey guys! Check this out:

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film1312

Enjoy!

So? I read all this and I still love TG...  ;D

Search any movie on this site, there is some nerd out there that found an error or 100... You just spent $13.99 on the Widescreen Special Collector's Edition of Top Gun, on Amazon, just let yourself enjoy the flick!  :D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 07:53:33 PM by Callisto »
If not completely satisfied with this post, return unused portion for full refund.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2006, 07:27:57 PM »
True that!

Well said,...well said...
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2006, 08:29:10 PM »
Thanks for the link, MO.  Now we can make fun of movie geeks.   ;)

I did a search on Hot Shots, and there were 11 comments posted.  This is the very last one.

"Audio problem: When Ramada is singing and falls down from the piano you hear her hit the floor. But it also sound like she falls on a tray with glasses. But when they cut back to her lying on the floor the floor is empty and no tray is to be seen."

I wonder if this person understands what the movie was actually about.

I also found a Corrections page for Hot Shots.  It looks like some people on that site have a sense of humor.

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film631/corrections
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 08:40:19 PM by Gulfstream Driver »

Offline madpilot44

• Cockerel
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2006, 10:36:09 PM »
Donīt the navy pilots wear a lifejacket? actually a floating device, you can see it popped-out when hollywood and his RIO are getting off the chopper after beign shot down in the final dogfight. it's designed so it keeps your head out of the water even if you have passed-out, and inflates automatically after touching water, so Goose wouldn't have drowned while wearing it... (wow, I think I've read too much jaja, that sounded geekish...  ;) )
To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home.

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2006, 11:02:18 PM »
Donīt the navy pilots wear a lifejacket? actually a floating device, you can see it popped-out when hollywood and his RIO are getting off the chopper after beign shot down in the final dogfight. it's designed so it keeps your head out of the water even if you have passed-out, and inflates automatically after touching water, so Goose wouldn't have drowned while wearing it... (wow, I think I've read too much jaja, that sounded geekish...  ;) )

If memory serves, the explaination of Goose's demise was that he had a broken back and/or neck from impact with the canopy (something not likely to happen in real life anyway due to the way the ejection system and canopy release explosive bolts fire in different trajectories... but they took...ahem... creative license).  I don't recall if they ever actually said that was the cause in the movie, but it was implied with the impact shot, and the blood coming from Goose's head when Maverick gets to him.

It seems that Dr. Greene... I mean Goose... I mean Anthony Edwards seems to get killed off fairly often in his projects.... first in Top Gun, then in E.R., and I think he buys the farm in a number of other things in his filmography background.... poor fellow!
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

Offline MO

• Fledgling
  • Any time, any where...
    • The Latin American Aviation Historical Society
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2006, 04:50:23 AM »

By the way, how many of you -after seeing the movie- ended up with a leather jacket full of badges?

Another question: Which is TOP GUN's scene that you like the most?

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2006, 05:18:34 AM »
Favorite scenes are all of the dogfighting sequences and the carrier deck ops.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2006, 05:35:49 AM »
Yeah man....the carrier ops!!
Loved them as a kid, still love them now.

No Jacket though...

SkyKing

« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2006, 01:57:57 PM »

By the way, how many of you -after seeing the movie- ended up with a leather jacket full of badges?

Not me.  That sort of thing is for Navyators and little kids (sorry to be redundant).

fireflyr

« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2006, 03:31:26 PM »

Not me.  That sort of thing is for Navyators and little kids (sorry to be redundant).

Well ya gotta have either the  jacket, a 2 pound watch, or the aviator sunglasses for them women at BYU to know you're a pilot, right?   ;) ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 03:45:55 PM by fireflyr »

Offline madpilot44

• Cockerel
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2006, 04:11:35 PM »
Favorite scenes would be the dogfighting scenes.

let's see... I have the 2 pound watch, and a helmet bag full of patches (does that count?)... I've got to get a jacket jaja   ;D
To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home.

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2006, 04:14:03 PM »
That's how you tell a pilot in any social situation.  Big glasses, bigger watch, and a leather jacket.  All had practicle purposes at one point, but now they just "look cool."

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2006, 05:16:11 PM »
That's how you tell a pilot in any social situation.  Big glasses, bigger watch, and a leather jacket.  All had practicle purposes at one point, but now they just "look cool."

Like the old saying: Big glasses, big watch, big mouth,  small . . .*cough*

;D

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2006, 05:24:34 PM »
You guys are so full of it...

Favorite scene would be the Loooovvvveeee scene. ;D  ;) ::)

Second place goes to the air-to-air shots.    ;D

And for the record, I like my leather jacket.  It's windproof, keeps me warm, has character, and mine actually sees the inside of a cockpit.  :)

A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.