Author Topic: Re: The 100 dollar hamburger notam  (Read 5930 times)

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Re: The 100 dollar hamburger notam
« on: June 10, 2008, 11:21:57 AM »
Guys, you were off by a few digits.  This NOTAM should have read, "The 1000 Dollar Hamburger"!   ::eek:: ::unbelieveable::

With today's fuel prices having gone ballistic, this is much more realistic than the $200 Hamburger.

I'm for Pepperoni and Sausage on that Pizza!  Heck, I'll go for most classic toppings except Anchovies!   ::sick::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 02:10:12 PM »
Shell Denmark today takes 11.75 DKK/l Unleaded 95 RON and today that equals 9.26 USD/us gall. You americans are still lucky, and I'd still move today if I could!

Frank
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 02:13:57 PM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 02:28:51 PM »
make mine a chicken and sweetcorn with pepperoni thanks  ::wave::
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 06:17:35 PM »
Yeah, I kind of thought we were off a few digits. It has more than doubled...  ::sick:: :'(
But we didn't want the strip to be too depressing either....

I am lucky I get to fly for somebody else. It costs $800.00 bucks to top off the Astar right now up here in KELY.....
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 01:23:33 AM »
Currently 1.19 per litre here! Costs me over $100 to fill my little Explorer!!! ::complaining: ::complaining: ::complaining: ::complaining: ::complaining: ::complaining: ::complaining: ::complaining:
As the for the Pizza: Double Cheese, Pepperoni, ham, Bacon!!! A classic heart stopper. Pizza being the food of the gods and all!!!
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 03:37:38 AM »
We are up to $1.57AUD /L for Unleaded  ::) $1.89AUD /L  :o for Diesel!!! And when I refueled the thirsty ol' 182 on Sunday, just gone, out at Charleville (central Queensland) AVGAS was  ::complaining: $1.95 AUD /L  ::complaining:

BWT we are off for the $300 sausage sandwich this saturday  ::) As for the Pizza can I have a Super Pepperoni and Cabanossi !  ;D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 03:41:29 AM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 04:37:21 AM »
I dont drive so could really care less..  ::whistle:: ::whistle::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

airtac

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 04:56:09 PM »
A former employer used to issue me 2 company credit cards with a one thousand dollar limit on each for fueling---at today's prices, I would have sitting on the ramp, out of gas by the middle of day one :-[

Offline leiafee

• Cockerel
    • "Lets go flying": Scribblings of a novice PPL
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 07:30:50 PM »
Awwww poor dears...  I feel for you...

NOT!

£1.63 a litre for avgas at my home field today...

I daren't work it out in American for fear of jealousy turning me sick! ::sick::

;)

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 09:33:49 PM »

NOT!

I daren't work it out in American for fear of jealousy turning me sick! ::sick::

;)

We're catching up fast though. The fuel prices in Europe have been going up steady for years, but not as steep as in the US.
Give it another 2 years and we'll also have to buy gas by the liter because it's less depressing to see a big 2.20 on the neon sign than an 8.95 . . .
 :P ;) :'(

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 10:02:36 AM »

NOT!

;)

We're catching up fast though. The fuel prices in Europe have been going up steady for years, but not as steep as in the US.
Give it another 2 years and we'll also have to buy gas by the liter because it's less depressing to see a big 2.20 on the neon sign than an 8.95 . . .
 :P ;) :'(

Well... we have like 40.20 right now right here...

of course, that is just as much as 2 dollars 20, but yet. It will be a bit nicer after switching to Teuro, well until you do your calculations...
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 10:04:33 PM »
Anybody interested we set up a flight school in Dubai people?? (said in half sad, half funny mood  8) )
It's all Greek to me!

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 01:05:33 AM »
Anybody interested we set up a flight school in Dubai people?? (said in half sad, half funny mood  8) )

Seems to be impossible. Roland (he's been in the forum a while back) is still trying to set up a helicopter operation there. Not sure what all the hurdles are but it's been 2 years now and they're still not flying....

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 02:41:37 AM »
Boy, with all the aviation activity out of Dubai these days, you'd think they'd welcome a flight school with open arms.  I do recall seeing an ad about a new ab-initio flight school in Jordan at Aqaba, so things are being done over there.  However, I wonder if maybe Roland needs some high level patronage in order to clear all the hurdles and get his business going.
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall