Author Topic: fuel to air ratio  (Read 14656 times)

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: fuel to air ratio
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 03:32:02 AM »
Personally, I pay a lot more attention to the CCC-to-A/C Ratio --- (Company Credit Card-to-Aircraft Ratio)....     :P

As long as it's at least 1:1, no worries...   And 2:1??  Even better.....    ;)

::whistle::

Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 03:36:30 AM »
Personally, I pay a lot more attention to the CCC-to-A/C Ratio --- (Company Credit Card-to-Aircraft Ratio)....     :P

2 company cards--now thats just greedy---have them increase the limit.. Better yet--borrow one of the other pilots CCC.. ::whistle:: ::whistle::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 03:38:19 AM »
Well, actually, I USED to have two, now I have 17, it's sure simple ever since I got that little laminating machine for Christmas... 

Shh-hh-hh, don't tell the Boss....   :-X

;)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 09:43:54 AM »
 :-[ sorry airscorp I let the side down on this one a bit. I'm now waiting for one of my ex-lecturer's to throw a white board pen at me  to wake me up and remember everything he taught me......................but some how i cant see how to smuggle cigarettes and booze in a Avro Shackleton's mid-upper turret ring and in the rear of the inboard engines has anything to do with air/fuel ratio's.  ::thinking::  ::loony::
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 11:32:45 AM »
Ok, ok.  I'm being hammered on being way off on air/fuel ratio!  I was drawing from memory something I read in my private pilot ground school textbooks in high school 30 years ago!  Please forgive my faulty memory if it was that.  Maybe back then that was the optimum air/fuel ratio for air-cooled engines or for all engines prior to computerized fuel injection systems that can directly measure the oxygen content of the intake air (something I just read in Wikipedia).  <pant, pant>  Whew!  That was a mouthful for a single sentence from me!

Sorry to cut and run, but I've got a contract flight to do this early morning...
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 06:20:12 PM »
on my boat, the ratio seems to be 2:1 . . .  :-\ :'(

Ok, are we agreeing on 14:1 for now ?!  ??? ::unbelieveable::
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

airtac

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 06:44:41 PM »
Personally, I pay a lot more attention to the CCC-to-A/C Rajavascript:void(0);
salutetio --- (Company Credit Card-to-Aircraft Ratio)....     :P

RIGHT ON MOMMA !!! |:)\  my feelings EXACTLY |:)\ |:)\

airtac

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 06:57:10 PM »
Thanks for the Algebra lesson Gordy----I wasted a whole year of college looking for that "X" ::complaining: ----no wonder they kicked me out ::banghead::

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 07:47:00 PM »
I kept on telling them thats where "x" was but they kept on marking me wrong. ::complaining:
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2008, 12:13:38 AM »
ok after looking up some old notes from uni i have found a "chemically correct mixture" (direct quote from the book) mixture ratio of 15:1 and a rich mixture of 10:1 and a lean mixture of 18:1.

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 02:25:58 AM »
Ok, ok.  I'm being hammered on being way off on air/fuel ratio!  I was drawing from memory something I read in my private pilot ground school textbooks in high school 30 years ago!  Please forgive my faulty memory if it was that.

Truly sorry if it looked that way R/C  ::) Tell you the truth, it was quite the opposite of hammering on you! When I'm making "logical assumptions", like I did, I get excited at the possibility that I'm way off and some new data will make me reconsider all my reasoning or even start anew.. So I was asking for more info on what you said cause you and most ppl round here are around planes and engines waaaaaaaay longer than I am!  ::cowboy:: Just the way I process new information :)
It's all Greek to me!

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2008, 04:46:30 AM »
Tis Ok Nick!  We can discuss it over a Brew or two whenever we get a chance to meet in person.   ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2008, 12:42:51 AM »
Are we talking by volume or by weight?  Sorry, the engineer in me just had to ask.   ::thinking::
The 14.7:1 sticks out in my mind as being correct, have to check my hot rod books when I get home.

Phil

Offline Mic

• Fledgling
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2008, 08:15:39 PM »
I've always learn this is 15:1 and this is what we are teaching to our ATPL students.

But as I'm more a glider pilot I'll say that the most interesting thing for me is to have air ... below !!
A good landing allows pilot to walk out
An excellent landing allows the plane to fly again

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2008, 09:03:51 PM »
I've always learn this is 15:1 and this is what we are teaching to our ATPL students.

yes, but you're in France!

don't you guys have the metric system over there? ? ?
it's gonna be all different, isn't it?!

::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ;D ;)

(I see a new Chicken Wings strip in this . . .)
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.