Author Topic: ..oops...  (Read 8137 times)

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
..oops...
« on: March 07, 2006, 06:40:36 PM »
;D ;D ;D

Remimds me of the old Bill Cosby routine about the brain surgeon that says "Oops!!" in the middle of surgury.  ;D
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

Offline FlyingBlind

• Cockerel
  • What goes up, must come down
Re: ..oops...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 06:55:49 PM »
Sleek, that was the exact thing i was planning to say :D

But its a good one! The strip i mean! ;D

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 10:05:59 PM »
;D ;D ;D

Remimds me of the old Bill Cosby routine about the brain surgeon that says "Oops!!" in the middle of surgury.  ;D

awww...really?
I thought it's an original "Mike" strip. I didn't watch much Bill Cosby...
I just hope people don't think we copied him...
I hate when that happens. I don't know if you have our book sleek but there is a strip in there where Chuck pulls a beer stunt on Julio and just before our book came out I've seen the same trick/joke in the movie "Ladder 49". What a bummer. Now people might think we got it from that movie....
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 10:31:46 PM »
It was actually an old recording of his from the '60's.... most people won't get the connection. 

I still LOL when I read the strip... classic jokes never go out of style... ;D
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

Offline KELPkid

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 10:54:39 PM »
So, how come Chuck's flying from the left seat this time?  ;D  I'd just noticed that he usually flys the Cessna from the right, even when solo!
If you keep the greasy side down and avoid the cumulus granitus, respect the MEAs and mind the needles, then a successful flight you will have

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 02:40:35 AM »
LOL great strip but the Cosby skit, which often runs on internet comedy radio, is actually regarding an actual problem with the surgery and this strip is not about a problem regarding flying but it plays on that it seems like it, poor Julio, but that it's actually something back on the ground, in my mind that's a different type of joke so no worries :)

Btw, wasn't the right-side flying at least partially because Julio was getting flying lessons/training?

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 03:02:48 AM »
You captured the whole idea of the strip really well. Thanks Frank.
It is not invented by the way either. We joke like that a lot when I fly with my fire guys.
(mostly I do the joking, they mostly get scared... ;D no just kidding)
It originated when we took off for a fire and I realized I left my over-night-bag at the base instead of my chase truck where it belongs. I went "uh-oh" and people gave me these scared looks. Then I told them I left the bag at the base and they were ready to kill me.
Turns out my mechanic, who has a lot of common sense (which by the way isn't all that common) thought of it and brought it with him....

As far as Chuck flying from the right side goes. Check "FAQ" on our website, question 7.
We get that question a lot, that's why we permanently put it on our website... ;)

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 03:46:58 AM »
It's not very funny to pick on us fire guys.  Well okay maybe it is.  Good joke anyway.
WOW I did that!

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 04:05:28 AM »
It's not very funny to pick on us fire guys.  Well okay maybe it is.  Good joke anyway.

uhm.... YEAH ....IT IS !!!!
And I don't feel bad about it either cuz I am a fire guy too! ;)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 04:30:38 AM »
LOL I had a feeling you'd post that Mike :D

But seriously, it wasn't originally meant as a joke as it happend so at most it was lack of better thinking and not evil intentions in my oppinion.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 06:58:24 PM »
I agree Mike but lets stick to playing jokes on the hotshots and the engine guys, thats funner.  (for me anyway)
WOW I did that!

Offline leiafee

• Cockerel
    • "Lets go flying": Scribblings of a novice PPL
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 07:05:31 PM »
This one made me laugh out loud!

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 08:31:19 PM »
This one made me laugh out loud!

Thanks Leia!

I love your avatar by the way!

You should post it in "post you picture" and see what the guys say ;)

fireflyr

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 02:32:16 PM »

GREAT STRIP GUYS!!   LOL ;D

Nobody wants to hear any expletives in flight, especially during critical phases.   A fire guy riding with me did that on takeoff and I was somewhat tense until he told me that he'd left his laptop on the ramp.  I used up quite a bit of adrenalin in a short time and after I explained to him what a sterile cockpit REALLY means, he never did it again.   
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 05:17:33 AM by fireflyr »