Author Topic: Detroit Red Bull Air races  (Read 4798 times)

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
Detroit Red Bull Air races
« on: May 27, 2008, 02:01:55 PM »
So, did anyone get to go to the Detroit Air Races this weekend? I was planning on going, but then I lost my job last week... Figured I could use the money elsewhere >:( >:( Oh well, it sounded like it was gonna be really cool though.
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Re: Detroit Red Bull Air races
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 02:12:46 PM »
Ouch PG!  What's happening at the FBO?  Are you still working toward your CFI?  I hope everything works out for ya hun.   :'(

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 02:21:12 PM »
You were about a week off on the air races, they are going on today (and were supposed to be going on yesterday as well).  Apparently qualifying day (yesterday) was canceled... guess it's just as well that I didn't try to go to that one.

I might have tried to go today, but they were sold out on the US side.  I'm on reserve, so I can't afford the time to go to the Canadian side (where tickets were still availible) to watch.

I don't think I'll be able to see it from my hotel room, unfortunately...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 02:25:58 PM by Baradium »
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 06:09:16 PM »
Oh man, I'm really sorry to hear that PG, I really hope it won't have too great financial/practical problems for your life, and I hope you can get back on top fast.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 03:11:53 AM »
Hey, thanks for the replys - sorry I was a way from the coop for a while. Yeah, after I posted this I realized I was a week off ::knockedout:: So we tried to go the next weekend, but as was said, was sold out on the US side... We're still figuring out what we're doing in life right now. As I said in another post, my hubby lost his job too, so right now, life's one big vacation ::bow:: Too bad that doesn't include any money :-\ but we've been having fun anyways... Don't shoot me for this guys... I might have to kiss my aviation dreams goodbye for a while - I'm planing to get an AS in nursing. I start classes on Monday ::silly:: . I have to pay for my flying addiction some how, right?!?!?!
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

airtac

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2008, 03:55:28 AM »
"YOU GO GIRL"  |:)\
You'll do just fine------what's an "AS" ???

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 08:17:54 PM »
"YOU GO GIRL"  |:)\
You'll do just fine------what's an "AS" ???
I believe its an associate of science degree.  And good look piper
WOW I did that!

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 05:41:55 PM »
 ::wave:: Thanks! So far so good with Chemistry (all two days of class ;D.)