Author Topic: I think I need one of these..  (Read 4493 times)

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

airtac

Re: I think I need one of these..
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 01:56:37 AM »
Great minds think alike----I was just looking at that an hour ago---gotta build a pulse jet for my bike............ |:)\ |:)\

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 06:58:16 AM »
one of my class mates built a pulse jet for his graded unit project for our HNC/D year and this year he tried to get it running by changing the ignition and fuel system. impressive piece of kit.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

airtac

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 01:30:10 PM »
one of my class mates built a pulse jet for his graded unit project for our HNC/D year and this year he tried to get it running by changing the ignition and fuel system. impressive piece of kit.
Did you mispell 'kit' ???

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 04:05:55 PM »
not this time airtac. the pulse jet is a U shaped one (on a wooden frame would you belive), used a leaf blower and some burning paper to light it the first time round, this time he used a car coil and spark plug for the ignition and propane for fuel. made it back fire a few times and still waiting for  the big nuclear/mushroom cloud to appear in the skies south of me. I think he said it would produce 45 pounds of thrust or was it more  ::thinking::  still would produce the  V1 sound but does not have the valves at the front of the intake.
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 07:32:51 PM »
That is the "blop-blop-blop" kind of sound ???
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 07:16:07 AM »
oh no Fabo this is the "BRUM,BRRUM,BRUM" sound