Author Topic: Interesting Videos  (Read 51456 times)

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Interesting Videos
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2006, 05:03:07 AM »
That's a new one.  Excellent joke!
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2006, 06:46:28 PM »
Btw, did we ever find out who the ones in the Altitude Five clip was?

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline wbarnhill

• CAVU but no $ to fly.
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2006, 06:44:34 AM »
Speaking of Airbus...

0 to A380 in 7 minutes.

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2006, 11:04:37 AM »
Hehe! It's got a funny red nose!  :D

Seriously, for all you may say, this is a really impressive bird!! 8) I've seen a documentary about it. They said they had to develop a whole lot of new technologies and processes in order to be able to build this thing, e.g. welding techniques (well, building was not the major challenge, but building AND make it light, i.e. economically feasible enough was). I still wonder that it pays to transport the parts over all of Europe... But well, that's European cooperation for you, everybody needs a share of the work...

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2006, 06:11:49 PM »
What a monster.  I liked the whale song at the beginning when they showed the completed airplane.  The inspiring music really makes you feel safe about getting on one, too.   ::)

fireflyr

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2006, 10:21:38 AM »
Man, that puppy is HUGE!!!   I ain't seen that many tires since a visit to the Goodyear factory!

Must feel like you're taxiing a building, can't imagine flying it.

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2006, 02:09:54 AM »
Speaking of Airbus...

0 to A380 in 7 minutes.

Daaaaaaaaaaamn !!!  :o

After watching this, Starship Enterprise doesn't seem all that far fetched all of a sudden....
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2006, 04:37:53 PM »
Speaking of Airbus...

0 to A380 in 7 minutes.

Daaaaaaaaaaamn !!!  :o

After watching this, Starship Enterprise doesn't seem all that far fetched all of a sudden....
Amen Brother! May we all live long and prosper! \\//_ (corny improvised Vulcan-greeting smiley hehe, and for the record, my current desktop background is an awesome rendition of the Enterprise-D, my favourite, orbiting Earth (I think) with galaxies etc. in the background, I think it's an official background from startrek.com).

Btw, that's typical of the news that CNN article above, actually the test was a success and in a real life situation hundreds of lives could be saved, but they headlined some minor injuries. Of course for a test with no real danger it was too bad there were injuries, but if it was the real thing and that was all the injuries then I think you all will agree the plane design worked well. That title vs the content sadly further confirms what you guys replied about the 60 minutes whistleblower segment, that the media is so interested in ratings that they will give misleading information to get ratings regardless if it will create real-life probelms :(

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2006, 07:07:14 PM »
I guess I would expect injuries in an actual emergency, but not in a controlled environment, in a hangar.  No fire, no emergency at all.  Just some "debris" in the aisles.  Even though it passed the test, I still don't think I'd want to get on one of those things.  Getting off the top deck in an emergency would be like jumping off a 3 story building.  There are too many people and too many things can go wrong. 

You are right about the headline.  It was used to grab attention.  But, what the article doesn't say is that in an Asian configuration they would need to get 1000 people off that thing in the same amount of time.  1000 PEOPLE!!!!  That's a lot.  Does anyone know if they've done evacuations in this configuration?

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2006, 12:54:46 AM »
This is what happens when I get bored at work... (After I check out www.chickenwingscomics.com of course  ;D )

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-269376791712267206

If you look close enough, you can see the vapor before the F-14 passes the ship.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 12:56:38 AM by Callisto »
If not completely satisfied with this post, return unused portion for full refund.

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2006, 05:54:14 AM »
If you look close enough, you can see the vapor before the F-14 passes the ship.

Think his hair was on fire?

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2006, 11:27:27 AM »
Haha! I love this one here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8008463048690287283&pl=true
It has got nothing to do with aviation, but if you like the Simpsons, you'll like it!  ;D

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2006, 11:42:45 PM »
Haha! I love this one here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8008463048690287283&pl=true
It has got nothing to do with aviation, but if you like the Simpsons, you'll like it!  ;D

This was the opener on this weeks episode (Sunday). As a life long Simpsons fan I say "Well done!"

Stef and Mike... looks like you guys have a bit of a Bart hair style going on with your avitars!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 11:44:51 PM by Callisto »
If not completely satisfied with this post, return unused portion for full refund.

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2006, 09:40:58 PM »
A friend who grew up in Alaska sent me this.

http://www.avweb.com/newspics/seaplanetrucklaunch.wmv...