Author Topic: Interesting Videos  (Read 51438 times)

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
Re: Interesting Videos
« Reply #120 on: September 07, 2006, 02:35:26 PM »
Try this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V06LBgfuxgA its a guy landing long with a Citation CJ3 on a 2900 foot runway, and with a tailwind... ends up going for a bit of a swim.

The airport is Bader field in Atlantic City NJ

Brian

Ouch!! :o What was that thing with the engine in the end?!? Did somebody do that, or can turbines just power up all by themselves?!?
Clearly shows though how well planes swim! I always wanted to see that!

...And now to something completely different: Why you shouldn't fire a flare while you're parachuting: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8862167842666922483&q=genre%3Acomedy

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #121 on: September 07, 2006, 04:02:21 PM »
That guy was braindead imho, not fun at all, but then again I never did like adrenalin-junkies like that.

I must say the video of the X-Games dude that did a perfect dual backwards flip on a dirt-bike indoors was a fantastic sight, and such a great landing too!

For parachute videos I prefer Laid Back's music-video "Bakerman", I think I gave the link to that some months ago, really nice footage and fun looking too. Must've taken a long time to plan and train for and required some pro's to help with filming and coaching.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline cj5_pilot

• Rooster
  • "Fly Fast, Fly Low, Turn Left"
    • Alaskan Aviators
« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2006, 03:19:10 AM »
Holy double post batman!

Ok, this one is aerobatics.  My favorite shots are the cockpit shots of the gal with the long pony tail in the SU.  When she does manuevers here her shows the g-forces.  Cool vid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh-xXov3org
The average pilot, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2006, 10:08:15 AM »
The first one has an ID problem. The second one is very good, and what a beauty, the female pilot as well as the flying machines. Is she russian? Not to be stereotypical (and certainly not offensive!) but she has some (beautiful) facial features that reminds of some women from that part of the world. Who were the pilots flying anyway? At the end of the video it said is was a FAI World Grand Prix although the location looked to be northern asia, perhaps Mongolia?

Thanks for the link  |:)\
Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Mic

• Fledgling
« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2006, 06:45:17 AM »
It's amazing to compare the face expression of the male and female pilots : the guy looks like stressed, anxious, with quick movements, the beautiful (russsian ?) girl is well concentrated on her action and has no changing expression on the face !

The flights are absolutely awesome ! It can't be done in western Europe with all of our rules (no below 1000ft, depending of your speed, no obstacles ... when you see the sukhoi at few meters of ground, passing between light pylons in dyssimetric flight !! Waouw !
A good landing allows pilot to walk out
An excellent landing allows the plane to fly again

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
HA HA
« Reply #125 on: September 13, 2006, 12:27:40 AM »
HA HA !!!

Check this out guys! I found this on Captain Ed's website...

747 versus "the people"

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3822463063682552533&sourceid=zeitgeist
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #126 on: September 13, 2006, 08:36:46 PM »
more a slide show than a video, but if you like Airforce planes....check it out!  ;)

http://patriotfiles.org/AirPower.htm

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #127 on: September 13, 2006, 08:48:36 PM »
Wow, I hope no-one got hurt!

Speaking of videos, did you ever show us the one of the fighters flying underneath you and the cameracrew where you were struggling to gain altitude as the jets came closer and closer?

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2006, 12:11:47 AM »
Wow, I hope no-one got hurt!

Speaking of videos, did you ever show us the one of the fighters flying underneath you and the cameracrew where you were struggling to gain altitude as the jets came closer and closer?

Frank

I don't have that footage unfortunately. But it was during the NASCAR race at the California Speedway...
...maybe there is a way to google it.

Offline YawningMan

• Cockerel
« Reply #129 on: September 26, 2006, 08:38:23 PM »
http://www.break.com/movies/really_low_harrier_fly_over.html
BWhaha :P
HAAA,HHAAA! ;D Looked like some young Marine trying to prove his manhood when common sense took over and he ducked (the intelligent thing to do!
Sounds like you're referring to this one:

One time, an Air force General, an Army General, a Navy Admiral, and a Marine General met in a bar with a few of their constituents in tow.

The four gentleman had a few drinks, and the topic of bravery in the troops came up.

It just so happened, and enemy tank was spotted coming down the road in front of a bar.  The Air Force general chimed in first:

"Hah!  My airmen are so brave, I'll send 'em to stop that tank!"
He barked an order, and several of the airmen ran out in front of the tank, trying to stop it.  They all got run over.

The Navy Admiral was next:
"Nice show, zoomy.  Watch how it's done by an old pro!"  He barked at his seamen, and off they went, ending up the same way.

The Army General, not wanting to be shown up, make a comment about "the old Army", and promptly sent his men after the tank.  The results were no better.

All of the top brass finally turned to the Marine General.  Silently, he took one last drag from his beer, and shouted, "Private Smuck, front and center!"  A skinny private came running up and snapped to attention in front of the General.  "Son, you think you're more brave than any Air Force, Army, or Navy man?"
"Yes sir!" replied the private.
"Then I order you, alone, to go out and stop that tank!"

Without a word, the private ran out the door, but stopped cold as soon as the door swung shut.  He immediately turned back, opened the door and shouted, "*#&$ you, sir!"

Offline cj5_pilot

• Rooster
    • Alaskan Aviators
« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2006, 10:24:28 PM »
ROFL yawning man :)

http://media.putfile.com/Takin-a-Ride

Normally I don't like self promotion, but this is a video I made from my T-6 ride a couple years ago.  I don't believe I've posted it here yet.  I had a perma-grin for the next week :P
The average pilot, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #131 on: September 26, 2006, 10:51:56 PM »
Great Video Bob... I can see why you had the Grin for a week.

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #132 on: September 26, 2006, 10:56:06 PM »
ROFL yawning man :)

http://media.putfile.com/Takin-a-Ride

Normally I don't like self promotion, but this is a video I made from my T-6 ride a couple years ago.  I don't believe I've posted it here yet.  I had a perma-grin for the next week :P
Truly awesome in the original sense of the word  |:)\
You just can't experience stuff like that in DK :( But at least the video did give a good glimpse of it, thank you :)

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #133 on: October 03, 2006, 11:25:06 PM »
Check this out guys!

The SoccerMom sent this to me in an email but I just HAD to share this!
I hope it's not in another thread already....

This is really a doozey.

A CJ2 with a landing weight of 11,000 pounds requires 2,930 feet of landing distance, in a no wind situation. With a 10 knot tailwind, which was the approx wind at the time of the accident, the airplane required 3,500 feet of landing distance. Runway 11 at Bader Field is a 2,948 foot-long, 100 foot-wide, asphalt runway. Then the pilot touches down 2/3 of the way down the runway.

You all REALLY want to watch this!  Don't give up after the first part where the plane runs off the end of the runway into the water....the best part is yet to come.

http://www.glumbert.com/media/planecrash.html

Offline cj5_pilot

• Rooster
    • Alaskan Aviators
« Reply #134 on: October 04, 2006, 12:08:52 AM »
Good Lord!!!!!!

Did it turn out somebody was in it?  Or did the water cause some electronic malfunction that caused that????