Author Topic: The Old Cessna Skymaster  (Read 11951 times)

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: The Old Cessna Skymaster
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 05:55:03 PM »
But if your engine failed at NIGHT, it would make for less of a workload, because it would save you that extra step of CLOSING YOUR EYES, which of course is the first thing you do when the engine dies.

::whistle::                        ::whistle:: 
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 10:14:14 PM »
But if your engine failed at NIGHT, it would make for less of a workload, because it would save you that extra step of CLOSING YOUR EYES, which of course is the first thing you do when the engine dies.

::whistle::                        ::whistle:: 

'Mom I thought your eyes would be more like  ::eek:: or  ::unbelieveable:: or even  :o
 ::whistle:: ::whistle::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline RagDragger

• Fledgling
  • Indian Name: Running Tab
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 10:59:47 PM »
No, no, you flip on the landing light.  If you don't like what you see, just turn it back off!
God looks out for drunks and dumb animals.  Fortunately, I qualify on both counts.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2008, 05:10:23 AM »
Hahaha, that's a funny strip, but I can't understand why several magazines didn't like it, it's a joke afterall, well partly :D

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2008, 03:56:53 AM »
Hahaha, that's a funny strip, but I can't understand why several magazines didn't like it, it's a joke afterall, well partly :D

Frank

People in the US are very sensitive. For example TAP said no because they were worried about Cessna, who is one of their biggest customers, finding out and being upset that we slam their product...
Actually a valid point so we're not mad. TAP almost got sued once before because of us, believe it or not...  ::loony::

Another magazine was worried about the Skymaster-Club (I guess there actually is such a thing) getting upset with them and dropping their ad's ....

You'd be amazed how many lives a strip with chickens flying airplanes can affect . . .   ;) ;D
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2008, 04:13:44 AM »
Sued!? Over what?

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci