Author Topic: Nightmare on pilot's first day  (Read 4563 times)

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
Nightmare on pilot's first day
« on: April 04, 2008, 03:09:47 AM »
http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2008/04/04/11975_hpnews.html

WOW!!!! First day on the job. . ::eek:: ..YIKES!!! Betcha a few crownies went down after this one!!!  All safe though which is the best part... ::bow:: congrats to the pilot  |:)\ |:)\ SHE did a great job  ::drinking::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Nightmare on pilot's first day
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 03:58:06 AM »
WOW!!   ::eek::

I hope that if she flies for 40+ more years, she doesn't have another Pucker-Day like this one!!!!!    ::sweat::

Congrats to her for a job well done....   ::bow::

|:)\
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 04:31:55 AM »
Having been through a forced landing, I must also congratulate the young pilot on a job well done.  I can guarantee you that there will be investigations and board findings that possibly will fault her (as happened to me), and I can tell you that those things REALLY hurt!  You do the absolute best you can, and they fault you for one thing or another.  The fact remains that she ditched a fixed gear airplane in the open ocean, and managed to get her passengers out of that airplane alive with lifevests on before it sank (no easy feat!), and the pax would not be alive today were it not for her correct execution of Ditching Procedures.

I wish her well in her flying career, and I hope she will not be too scarred by the kangaroo court that inevitably happens after such an event.   |:)\ |:)\ |:)\ |:)\ |:)\

RC
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 04:33:49 AM by Rooster Cruiser »
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 04:44:29 AM »
Whoa, what a drag!  That's an unfortunate turn of events, to go through all that...   :(

I've had two forced landings but no one cared -- well, no one in a position of AUTHORITY, anyway...    :-\

She did a helluva job...  water is a VERY hard surface to hit...  and it's tough not to flip in a wheeled airplane.  Hat's off to her!!!   ::drinking::   ::drinking::
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 12:47:08 PM »
Wow! What a way to start a new job. At least so far, it sounds like her company is supportive of her, and I'm sure that all the pax are extremely grateful of her skills.  |:)\
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

airtac

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 03:45:12 PM »
My hat's off to this young pilot--I would assume she trained like she flew and flew like she trained--GOOD JOB!!!  ::bow:: |:)\