Author Topic: capable Hands  (Read 5001 times)

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
capable Hands
« on: April 01, 2008, 01:32:38 PM »
And Chuck gets rejected AGAIN  ::rofl::  ::rofl::
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

airtac

Re: capable Hands
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 03:11:33 PM »
And Chuck gets rejected AGAIN  ::rofl::  ::rofl::
OUCH!!!  Poor Chuck, he just gets no repect  ::rofl::-----and people wonder why mechanics and pilots don't get along   

(MECH; I'll let you fly MY airplane if you don't break it)--- (PILOT; if I don't break MY airplane, you'll be out of a job) ---BLAHBLAHBLAH ad finitum  ::complaining: ::complaining:

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 04:02:16 PM »
Guys.... you disappoint me... i expected for some april fools joke and this is what you're up to? is this the april fools joke?
beside that,it's a great strip,although i expected it to end something like that:
"so i'm giving it to you"
"really?"
"no,april fools! now,where's julio?"
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 04:22:07 PM »
Sorry to dissappoint you man.

As a true fan you should know we have a hard time coming up with specific jokes for specific days....

It comes from never knowing which day it is!!  ::wave:: ;)

Seriously though, we have no little kids at home who go to school, and no jobs that are 9 to 5 with holidays off, no TV on the boat, .... and so on.
The only one we remember is Christmas because we start wondering why it's getting cold and dark outside.....  ;)
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 08:10:19 PM »
Phew, Thanks guys!  Now I know it's April Fool's day....  it almost got by me AGAIN!

And this is a GREAT strip......   ::rofl::

I'm going to make sure I show the mechanic here, who comes over on the weekends...  he's a great guy and will LOVE it!    ::bow::

And hey, should we start a thread about pilots and mechanics?  I have some pretty good stories.....  none of which are even FICTION!   ::eek::

::rofl::                  ::rofl::                 ::rofl::                  ::rofl:: 
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 08:15:25 PM »
oh yes please S'Mom do tell

(from the trainee mech lol)
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 08:51:51 PM »
Great strip! I thought this was an april fool's joke when it looked like Alex was giving her plane to Chuck, well actually I thought the april fool's joke was something about her having a real baby until I remembered where I was and that a baby of course is an aircraft :D

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 08:11:46 PM »
Poor boy (ehm, poor Chicken!)! I received a crossword some days ago, customized by Steepturn. You know what? One of the vertical questions was: a mechanic. Got troubled until I remembered that Julio is known as Sparks too. Actually, he outshone poor Chuck in the eyes of Alexa!
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 04:46:30 PM »
Haha, great thinking there, for both you and Steep, how is he btw?
Alexa, that's a nice variation on the female version of Alex(ander), isn't there also one called Alexia?

Btw, Alexa mentioning running the engine up once a week, I read somewhere that proper care would require longer running time, actually something like taking off and flying two patterns and then landing, sounds like more fun too than just starting the engine  8)

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 06:13:47 PM »
Haha, great thinking there, for both you and Steep, how is he btw?

Steep is well, even though he doesn't live here anymore and we only see at weekends :-( Currently he lives in the german side of Switzerland, where he even works, since a lot of time now.
The crossword wasn't a normal crossword for two reasons: the first one is that he invented the questions (and they were almost all about flight) and the second reason is that the crossword, together with a sudoku was the beginning of a.....treasure hunt? It makes a week no that I'm running after evidences he left here and there, for me to understand! Mad boy! :-)

I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.