Author Topic: biggin hill crash  (Read 4527 times)

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
biggin hill crash
« on: March 30, 2008, 08:13:04 PM »
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline leiafee

• Cockerel
    • "Lets go flying": Scribblings of a novice PPL
Re: biggin hill crash
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 08:37:43 PM »
Poor old Biggin, that's at least the second set of fatalities they've had there in the past few years.

On a more selfish and cynical note, it's not the kind of PR GA needs either really, thank goodness the house was empty.

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 01:41:34 AM »
Sad... Like Lieafee said, not the kind of pr that GA needs. It's good no one was in the house at the time...
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 08:58:12 AM »
and we lost another great racing driver, 6 months after Colin Mcrae, called David Leslie who raced touring cars  |:)\ :'(
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 02:07:35 PM »
Business Jet Pilot Hailed As Hero

The pilot of a Citation that crashed in Farnborough, England last week is being hailed as a hero for steering the doomed aircraft around a hospital, apartment buildings and a playing field full of children before it clipped two houses and exploded without hurting anyone on the ground. Mike Roberts and four others on board died shortly after takeoff from Biggin Hill Airport, south of London, on a flight to France, "You died a hero,” says one of the cards on a growing mound of flowers marking the accident site. "I can only thank you from the bottom of my heart as my daughter was playing on the field you avoided. Rest in peace."

Roberts declared a Mayday moments after takeoff reporting vibrations, according to news reports. The reports also claim the aircraft was low enough they could see the passengers inside. "The pilot was struggling to bank away from the houses,” Jason Murrell, 39, told the Daily Mirror Looking up, I could see the terror in the passengers' eyes as they shot past. One terrified woman was staring straight at me. I'll never forget it."
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/bizav/1080-full.html#197507
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline leiafee

• Cockerel
    • "Lets go flying": Scribblings of a novice PPL
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 07:01:33 PM »
I've no doubt the pilot's did all they could, but the Daily Mirror is hardly what I'd call a mature and authorative newspaper...

A Citation doesn't exactlly have a dormer window for an observer on the ground to to see what the pilot was doing!