Author Topic: Checking out for a few weeks...  (Read 32877 times)

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
Re: Checking out for a few weeks...
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2008, 09:30:54 AM »
and ill be finished my degree course tomorrow (friday 16th) where has four years gone to?
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2008, 11:55:05 AM »
Congratulations all around |:)\ 8) ::wave::

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2008, 12:37:08 PM »
and ill be finished my degree course tomorrow (friday 16th) where has four years gone to?

I am asking this too, but with 8 years at my school... last lesson finished 2 hours ago... no more of high school, for whole of my life.... ::sweat::
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2008, 08:43:03 PM »
Wow, Congrats all around is right......

Thank HEAVENS for you hard working guys, someone has to make up for folks like me.....    ::whistle::

|:)\   
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2008, 09:00:28 PM »
thanks S'Mom but would rather have a cold one than a salute lol  ::thinking:: now where did i put that royal salute whiskey..........
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2008, 05:25:33 AM »
I deadhead to DTW tomorrow and then start OE Wednesday.

Overnights are  Pensacola,  Springfield, MO and Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

Springfield is the only real decent length overnight, but if anyone is near any of those airports I'd still love to say hi.

I go to a fair number of places other than the above mentioned ones during the trip, but the only other one that is much more than an hour is MSP (4 hour layover).
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2008, 04:50:39 PM »
any one got a job for a ex-student mechanic?  ::bow:: ::wave:: will bring own brush to sweep the hanger floor

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2008, 01:30:23 PM »
I am finished with IOE.   I was signed off yesterday and am officially a line pilot.   I am going to be spending a lot of time in detroit.   In fact, I'm in DTW for the whole holiday weekend with a 99% chance that they won't have anything for me to do... anyone around?

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2008, 01:43:29 PM »

I am finished with IOE.   I was signed off yesterday and am officially a line pilot.   I am going to be spending a lot of time in detroit.   In fact, I'm in DTW for the whole holiday weekend with a 99% chance that they won't have anything for me to do... anyone around?

Hey I only live an hour from Detroit. What do you mean you have nothing to do? There's the Redbull airraces going on! Now get out there and scream and yell at airplanes going fast. Sigh. Some people have the best jobs in the world.

Congrats on the new job! ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: |:)\ |:)\ |:)\
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2008, 08:49:18 PM »
Hey if you're gonna be round Detroit more often, we can hang. There's the Henry Ford Museum there. It's been all fixed up since I last visited. They've got everything from Trains, planes, and automobiles. Also has Greenfield Village. Really good visit. And make sure you've cleared your schedule for the August 9-10th weekend, as that's when Willow Run is hosting Thunder Over Michigan. I am so there!!! Last year they had about 20 B-25's. I missed it  :-[  Well not this year!!!

http://yankeeairmuseum.org/airshow/

Gilly  |:)\
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 08:51:36 PM by FlyboyGil »
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2008, 02:00:21 AM »
It's hard to get out much without a vehicle.  ;) 

I got someone to release me until tuesday so I could head to ATL, but then there was a mixup and I have to turn around and go back north tomorrow.

I go on reserve tomorrow at 1pm.

I have 90 minute callout on reserve (that's from call to when I'm checking in on the computer, already past security).  Any time I'm on reserve, if you'd like to try to get together, I'm more than up for it, but be advised that they could actually call me to go on a trip at any time.   Non reserve days are possible as well, but I might trying to head out of town on non reserve days to take care of things, so wouldn't know until closer.

I'll be on reserve until 2200, then 1100-2300 tuesday.  Wednesday I have reserve as well, but it ends with a trip to Ottowa, Ontario and an overnight.   

The 1st-3rd of June I'm on reserve 1100-2200, then I have my moving days for the next 8 days (will use those to get a vehicle to DTW among some other things).

For the rest of the month my reserve periods are all 1100-2200 in the following blocks (days of the month in June):  11-15;  19-23; 27-30.   

This is the problem with being on reserve:  I'll probobly be sitting around a ton twiddling me thumbs in detroit, but I still have that 90 minute window I have to maintain.  So if you were to drive the hour to DTW, there's no guarantee I'd still be able to do something by the time you got there.  Even if they only call me one out of every 5 days (and it could be more often than that, I don't know how it is yet), there'd be a fair chance they could call me on the one day that you were going to meet me. 

The best thing would be if you could had a reason to be in DTW anyway, becuase then it wouldn't be so bad if I got called 5 minutes after we got together.  Of those days I'm on reserve, some are weekdays and some are weekends.  Any day you'd like to give it a shot I'm all for it.   You have a PM with my cell #.

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2008, 07:28:34 PM »
Just forget about what I'm "scheduled" to do, because it changes too much right now (haha!).

They took the trip away for later this week so I'm just listed as on reserve for the next... month...    ::silly::

At least this hotel has wifi...