Author Topic: Checking out for a few weeks...  (Read 32992 times)

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Re: Checking out for a few weeks...
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2008, 04:53:18 AM »
I also know of a few DC-3's with over 100K hrs on them also.   ::whistle:: ::whistle:: ::whistle::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2008, 01:25:16 PM »
Just worked it out--my body has over 380,000 hours on it--I'm doing just fine--of course the  "oilings" help ::drinking:: ::whistle:: ::whistle:: ::drinking::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2008, 04:55:38 PM »
Ooooh, there's a lot of things one could add, at this point.....   ::whistle::

But, no doubt G-Man, you're still running at top notch condition because of your SUPERB FAA-Aproved Maintenance Program.......    ::drinking::

::drinking::

:D 
Don't make me come back there!!!!

airtac

« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2008, 05:33:23 PM »
Sorry there soccermom.  I should have guessed it was a joke.  It is fun flying these old girls.  Lets two gear problems, multiple pumps going out, and the other day a vor got stuck.  Got to love it.  I guess I'll learn about the turbines when I get there.  Have fun with the citations rooster.  And Mom tell the guys I said hi.
See now, that's the best part about being a freight dog---No need for pansy-ass simulated emergency drills---NO SIREE!!   You get to practice the REAL stuff! >:D

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2008, 04:29:04 AM »
Yeah its quite the experience.  Makes the fancy aircraft that much nicer when I get there.  So when does everybody go out on contract?
WOW I did that!

airtac

« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2008, 02:25:24 PM »
Yeah its quite the experience.  Makes the fancy aircraft that much nicer when I get there.  So when does everybody go out on contract?
I'm due out on 6/23..........back to LKV Oregon 8)
How many pilots does Amflite have based in OAK?    There were 33 when I started in 1983 but I was #2 in seniority within 2 years.  If things are progressing about the same, you should be burning some kerosene within 120 days--hopefully, the airplanes will get progressively nicer too! |:)\

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2008, 08:07:15 PM »
Have fun in oregon.  We only have about 20 pilots at this time.  Trying to get some more.  I think upgrade time is about a year if you stayin oak.  We're mostly chieftans.  Only about 6 turbine runs and around 15 piston runs.  But I don't plan on staying in oak if I can get an upgrade sooner.  But your right the turnover rate is still high.  Don't know whats going to happen with the industry being the way it is.  Might get a few more longtimers.  If your not leaving till june I need to get up to santa rosa one of these weekends to grab a beer.  If I don't good luck this season.
WOW I did that!

airtac

« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2008, 09:49:12 PM »
Have fun in oregon.  We only have about 20 pilots at this time.  Trying to get some more.  I think upgrade time is about a year if you stayin oak.  We're mostly chieftans.  Only about 6 turbine runs and around 15 piston runs.  But I don't plan on staying in oak if I can get an upgrade sooner.  But your right the turnover rate is still high.  Don't know whats going to happen with the industry being the way it is.  Might get a few more longtimers.  If your not leaving till june I need to get up to santa rosa one of these weekends to grab a beer.  If I don't good luck this season.
Make it up here and I'll buy ya a beer or 3 AND lunch plus a coastal tour.....................707.486.3047.......lemme know ::type::
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 09:54:49 PM by airtac »

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2008, 10:46:10 PM »
Make it up here and I'll buy ya a beer or 3 AND lunch plus a coastal tour.....................707.486.3047.......lemme know ::type::

What the heck?  No Martoonis???   ::unbelieveable:: ::unbelieveable:: ::unbelieveable::

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2008, 11:18:54 PM »
maybe they are out of matoonis rooster  ::thinking:: i think you might need to do a run up there and resupply them
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2008, 04:01:51 PM »
I am now an "employee"  and not a "contractor."   ::)

Checkride was yesterday, went well.  Going in a minute to work on getting my ID.  New uniform should be later today as well.

Loft today, then the FAM flights tomorrow and maybe friday.  Cat II training is saturday.

Here's the route structure:
http://www.flypinnacle.com/site/our_company/route_structure.php

Once I'm online, I could end up flying anywhere except those routes going out of ATL (different a/c in ATL vs the rest of the system).  If you see a dot that goes near where you are and would like to grab a bite or the like if I end up there with a layover, drop me a line.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 04:05:12 PM by Baradium »
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2008, 06:32:02 PM »
Ah no international routes then bar oh well maybe next time
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2008, 08:53:37 PM »
Ah no international routes then bar oh well maybe next time

International routes?  Yes.

Transoceanic?  No.   

;)
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2008, 12:25:34 AM »
Well, I passed my checkride at the Air Ambulance today!  Beer and Strippers all around!   

::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking::

Now I'm a contractor instead of a wannabe.  I start flying revenue service on Friday.  Time to make some money and recoup my investment in my type rating.

Baradium, congrats on passing and good luck to ya at Pinnacle.   |:)\

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2008, 03:15:34 AM »
Well, I passed my checkride at the Air Ambulance today!  Beer and Strippers all around!   

::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking::

Now I'm a contractor instead of a wannabe.  I start flying revenue service on Friday.  Time to make some money and recoup my investment in my type rating.

Baradium, congrats on passing and good luck to ya at Pinnacle.   |:)\

R/C!!!!! WOO HOO MATE!!!!  ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking::
CONGRATS!!!! 

and Congrats to you too Bar!!!!!

::complaining:  OOOOOoooooo  Can't wait to finish my CPL
YEWWWwwwwwwwww