Author Topic: Checking out for a few weeks...  (Read 32870 times)

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2008, 06:43:49 AM »
I just got back this evening from my checkride, and yes I passed it!  I now hold ATP for both single engine and multi engine airplanes, along with the Type Rating for the CE500 series.  Man!  Talk about a tough ordeal!   ::sweat:: ::sweat:: ::sweat::    I swear, I have never encountered anything in my life that has challenged me like "The Box", as these full motion simulators are called.  Ground school went fairly well, but once I got into that sim my inner gyros tumbled and I had the damnedest time of my life trying to learn how to ignore my inner ear and attempt to learn to fly an airplane that isn't an airplane!    :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Anyway, I passed the ride along with the 135 check ride.  Tomorrow I have one last school to get through (Citation SII differences) then it will be time for you know what!   ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking::

There just happens to be a Hooters across the freeway from my Hotel...  Maybe tomorrow I will look into cab fare from one to the other!  Hehehe.   8) 8) 8) 8)
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
Re: Checking out for a few weeks...
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 10:00:02 AM »
well done R/C make sure you raise a few jugs for me (i ment beer jugs) tommorrow  |:)\
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

airtac

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 02:56:05 PM »
well done R/C make sure you raise a few jugs for me (i ment beer jugs) tommorrow  |:)\
TSK-TSK, you Scots are just BAD! :o

Congrats on the checkride cruiser-dude |:)\

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008, 07:34:12 PM »
Congratulations RC!!  Well done!!   ::bow::

All your hard work paid off..  way to go!! 

:D
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2008, 10:33:49 PM »
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2008, 10:38:37 PM »
Hooters? What are hooters? No stip-bar for you????::thinking::

Congrats R/C!!!!!
It's all Greek to me!

airtac

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2008, 04:29:51 AM »

Congrats R/C!!!!!
HOOTERS?  -- I think it's an ice cream parlor where everyone gets a little horn they can "hoot" on-----------------------isn't it ???

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2008, 11:36:38 PM »

Congrats R/C!!!!!
HOOTERS?  -- I think it's an ice cream parlor where everyone gets a little horn they can "hoot" on-----------------------isn't it ???

I think it's a church that has a nature theme. They settled on Owls as the representative animal. They are considered wise. ::) ::) ::) ::whistle:: ::whistle:: ::whistle:: :P :P :P :P ::loony:: ::loony:: ::loony::
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2008, 07:09:48 AM »
I thought hooters was a bar for owls? am i wrong?  ::thinking::
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2008, 03:55:49 AM »
Well I left DFW yesterday morning around 9:30AM local time in White Lightning (I reckon I might as well name that Mustang I bought).  I drove straight through to the SoCal desert and walked into my home around 0215 last night.  That made for an enroute time of 18 hours and 45 minutes over a distance of 1314 miles.  Whew!  Now I remember why I got out of driving a truck!  I couldn't handle doing that day in and day out anymore.

I just did the math and I realize that even though I stopped 6 times for fuel and pit stops, I averaged 70mph across my route!  Not bad when I consider I had to deal with fog, rain, and thunderstorms in central Texas, then drove through a horrible dust storm at El Paso Texas.  Winds at El Paso were 50-55mph yesterday afternoon at rush hour and the visibility was often down to 1/4 mile or less.  I struck one tumbleweed and one empty cardboard box that were blown across the road at me and I had no room to avoid them.  Fortuneately, my car suffered no damage.

Glad to be back home.  Now comes the hard part...  finding contract work.   ::sweat:: ::sweat:: ::sweat:: ::sweat:: ::sweat::
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 04:03:04 AM by Rooster Cruiser »

airtac

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2008, 02:38:20 PM »
HEH--typical of anyone who's driven over the road---gotta try to do a thousand plus at a sitting --I hate driving so much that I gotta get it over with as quickly as possible---even hate stopping for food.   ................"we was goin' so fast them telephone poles looked like a picket fence" 8)

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2008, 04:22:56 PM »
................"we was goin' so fast them telephone poles looked like a picket fence"

HA!  Hot Rod Lincoln!  Another favorite tune of mine!  I had that in the car and I listened to it during my drive home.   ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow::

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2008, 02:16:36 AM »
Man, I wish I was done here... 

Been here 3 weeks, feels like 3 months, and I don't feel like I know anything yet!

Another week (well just over) of regular ground until orals, then another week in the procedures trainers and a week or two in the sims... ack!
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2008, 02:26:34 PM »
Ryan, you just hang in there and keep hitting the books.  With any luck you won't be as adversly affected by the sim as I was.  I have since found out that a lot of high timers have big problems with the sims since they do not move or feel quite like an airplane.  I have heard and read of reports of people literally getting sick in them, and I can understand why!   ::sick:: ::sick:: ::sick::

Do keep us informed as to your progress.   |:)\ |:)\ |:)\ |:)\ |:)\

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2008, 10:39:56 PM »
Ryan, you just hang in there and keep hitting the books.  With any luck you won't be as adversly affected by the sim as I was.  I have since found out that a lot of high timers have big problems with the sims since they do not move or feel quite like an airplane.  I have heard and read of reports of people literally getting sick in them, and I can understand why!   ::sick:: ::sick:: ::sick::

Do keep us informed as to your progress.   |:)\ |:)\ |:)\ |:)\ |:)\

Oh yay!  Sim sickness!

I start sims Friday... we have our phase check in the "GFS" trainer tomorrow.   I've been spending plenty of time over there in the last week.... 14-16 hours a day at the company HQ.   Been sitting around some today relaxing a little,  going to study some then dinner and bed for a good night's sleep (hopefully!)

Guess these sims have "panic buttons" at all the stations so you can shut it down if you're getting sick... to hopefully prevent a mess inside the sim anyway.   
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"