Author Topic: Checking out for a few weeks...  (Read 32991 times)

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
Re: Checking out for a few weeks...
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 08:05:33 PM »
 of anything you like airtac
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

airtac

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 08:53:50 PM »
I've reformed so I'll take pure water---don't know why I ever hung out with such a bunch of degenerate sots anyway ::banghead::

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 09:39:07 PM »
I've reformed so I'll take pure water---don't know why I ever hung out with such a bunch of degenerate sots anyway ::banghead::

Good choice. It would be too bad to waste 4/5 of anything else, especially wine, tequilla and vodka. ::drinking:: (not to mention beer)
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 10:45:02 PM »
i resembile that drunken sot *HIC*
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 11:12:57 PM »
I'm in the chatoom, and Fabo and Oddball were curious to see the car that I just bought which I drove to Dallas for Sim, so here it is...
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 11:27:02 PM »
ok rooster now im drooling and it looks in mint condition

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 11:37:57 PM »

It is.   ;D 8) >:D ::cowboy::

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 09:17:45 PM »

It is.   ;D 8) >:D ::cowboy::

Are you working or taking a vacation?    ;)

I arrived in Memphis today and got settled in,  it all starts tomorrow!
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 10:28:52 PM »
Are you working or taking a vacation?   

Both.  Hehe.

School started for me today.  Gotta go hit the books now.  Good luck to you, Ryan.   ::bow::

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 10:30:16 PM »
I'm in the chatoom, and Fabo and Oddball were curious to see the car that I just bought which I drove to Dallas for Sim, so here it is...
ooooooh, I really like that Mustang vintage, and I'm sure the V6 has enough power for me as well, especially since I've never driven anything than a fwd, except the two test-drives in a 2007 Subaru Impreza 1.5R model which was AWD. I especially like the Bullitt GT version from 2001 8) Funny how that used the same larger rear sidewindow from the first gen SN95 (as did the 2003 Mach-1) but the normal models used the curved smaller one from the facelift. The SVT Cobra R is a beast, but actually designed to work, it scored ok in a track-test together with a C5 Z06 (early 385hp model) and Viper ACR model (with ABS). I believe it lapped between the Z06 (1st) and the ACR (3rd). And there's just something about a supercharger, although I prefer a twin-screw unit since it's the simplest and most effective mechanical supercharger type there is (simplest in that it doesn't need a seperate oil system, intercooler or blow-off valve and uses less drive-power so no need for a off/on drive-system and it delivers smooth boost at the entire rev-range).

Edit: I was sure it was a V6 since the wheels were so small (diameter, both tires and rims) but it has a GT badge, what version is it?

Oh and again, good luck and have fun (I think I already said it in the chat a while back but if not then here it is again)  ::wave::

Frank
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 10:35:09 PM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2008, 10:36:02 PM »
Actually Frank, its a V8 under the hood.   8)  I gotta go really easy on the accelerator when pulling away from a stop or I'll spin my tires every time.  Lots of torque!

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2008, 11:19:34 PM »
ok rooster enuff all ready you are making me green wi envy here all i have is a 1.2 green fiat punto to run around in and i like mustangs both the flying type (not the allison enginged earlys though) and the car lol

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2008, 11:52:06 PM »
Actually Frank, its a V8 under the hood.   8)  I gotta go really easy on the accelerator when pulling away from a stop or I'll spin my tires every time.  Lots of torque!

Yep..I got a ticket once in mine, (old style 5.0-V8), not for what you think though..  ::thinking:: Back in the 90's I flew for a Sheriff department--got off shift at 2:30 Sunday morning and was driving home.

Got stuck at a red light..opposite a local PD patrol car. The light went green and I decided to have "fun"---I did NOT break ANY traffic law, but did go from 0-45 in about 3 or 4 seconds. Did not squeal any wheels or smoke the tires, and kept the speed below 45, (but only just).  ::whistle:: ::whistle:: Sometimes you just got to have fun.

The patrol car spun around and followed me ALL the way home, obviously running my plate, which came back to the SO address, (a safety measure that all cops or other federal employees have so that their address does not get broadcast over the radio).

I arrived home, parked and went inside to bed. Next morning I had a ticket on my car for "not curbing my wheels"---I lived on a very slight slope.. I wrote a check for the amount of the ticket, but left the "pay to" section blank, and went in uniform to the PD station and gave the check and ticket to the desk Sergeant and expressed how pathetic this ticket was, and he could pay the check to charity or the city--which ever he felt appropriate. The check was never cashed.

To fill in the blanks---some police departments do not "get along" with the county sheriff departments. Especially this one--we had a brand new 407, that flew an average of 6 hours per night, and they had two beat up ex military jetrangers that they could not afford to fly. ::whistle:: ::whistle::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 02:47:40 PM »
I'm glad the Law enforcement comunity in my area isn't like that. The cops are so far apart that when one calls for backup it could be a local cop, state trooper, deputy, game warden or even a motor vehicle inspector that backs him up. The professional courtesy also included EMT's and Firefighters (career ones anyway) because we were the ones coming to help the cops if it went south in a real bad way. We all took care of each other.

Brian

PS, By the way Rooster, nice Stang... I've been a Ford guy for 20 years.... I just wish I hadn't blown the transmision in my Taurus SHO... That was a FAST car
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 02:49:52 PM by BrianGMFS »

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 12:43:55 AM »
Are you working or taking a vacation?   

Both.  Hehe.

School started for me today.  Gotta go hit the books now.  Good luck to you, Ryan.   ::bow::

How's it going there?

I've been through a week and a half.  Gotta really memorize stuff now...   another week and a half of ground training, then orals, then sim training (for another couple weeks).  All told, about a month left.   ::silly::  It's 70 days from starting training to completely finishing all phases.

Figured I could break enough to say hello.

A bit off the topic, but 4 airlines shut down operations last week, and Champion Air announced this will be their last month of operation.  I must say I was happy to see Skybus go, but not the rest.  Mesa caused the demise of Aloha.  Mesa would be another company I would not be sad to see depart.

Shut down or announced ceasing operations during the last 7 days:

Aloha Airlines (a primary airline in HI, same day shutdown announcment),  ATA Airlines (west coast to HI service and military charters, same day shutdown announcment), Skyway Airlines (USAir connection flights, advance planned shutodwn), Champion Air  (owned by NWA, charters with 727s... intentional draw down by NWA), and Skybus Airlines (thank God they're gone, same day shutdown announcement).

Industry whispering is that Frontier Airlines and Lynx (their commuter) may  be next if fuel prices stay this high (and since refineries have cut production to increase fuel prices, looks like they will).  Mesa Airlines lost a large chunk of their Delta Connection flying because of their completion schedule (they were second only to Skybus in horrid working conditions and have been unable to find enough pilots for their airplanes). 
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"