Author Topic: How old do you have to be to start training for a pilots licence?  (Read 13146 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: How old do you have to be to start training for a pilots licence?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2006, 12:03:10 AM »
Yeah, there is a superman/woman phenomenon going on strongly in most kids (with me as the exception that confirms the rule) but people are diffeent most luckily learn better before it's too late, this is were skilled veterans come in handy (and I mean that term with respect, not to call you old and a wash-out).

SkyKing, that last line is simply superb!  |:)\

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

fireflyr

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2006, 12:27:59 PM »
I started learning to fly a little after my 8th birthday. That was 4 decades ago.

I won't stop learning about flying until I am no longer flying, because there is always something new.

Yeah, there is a superman/woman phenomenon going on strongly in most kids (with me as the exception that confirms the rule) but people are diffeent most luckily learn better before it's too late, this is were skilled veterans come in handy (and I mean that term with respect, not to call you old and a wash-out).

SkyKing, that last line is simply superb! |:)\

Frank
Holy Cow Skyking,
That would make you about 48---can you still climb into an airplane unassisted?   Myself, I started at 15 (lets see--that's 4 decades, 1 lustrum, and 4 years ago) and my nurse helps me into the cockpit then takes my walker off the flight line so as not to become FOD.   ;D
Seriously though, I wholeheartedly agree with you on the learning attitude, you can't ever stop learning because you can't ever know it all. |:)\

And thank you Frank for not considering us wash outs. |:)\

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2006, 04:42:04 AM »
What's a lustrum?
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

fireflyr

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2006, 07:45:18 AM »
A lustrum is a 5 year period 8)

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2006, 02:59:48 PM »
when i earned my private, my instructor rightfully said: "there's your license to learn!"
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2006, 04:12:30 PM »
when i earned my private, my instructor rightfully said: "there's your license to learn!"

That's what it is.  The FAA figures you know enough not to get into a situation that will kill other people (they don't really care about one pilot), and that you will work to learn more.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline SkyKing

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2006, 07:34:35 PM »
I started learning to fly a little after my 8th birthday. That was 4 decades ago.

I won't stop learning about flying until I am no longer flying, because there is always something new.

SkyKing, that last line is simply superb! |:)\

Frank
Holy Cow Skyking,
That would make you about 48---can you still climb into an airplane unassisted?   Myself, I started at 15 (lets see--that's 4 decades, 1 lustrum, and 4 years ago) and my nurse helps me into the cockpit then takes my walker off the flight line so as not to become FOD.   ;D
Seriously though, I wholeheartedly agree with you on the learning attitude, you can't ever stop learning because you can't ever know it all. |:)\

And thank you Frank for not considering us wash outs. |:)\

I just hang my cane on the pitot.

Offline SkyKing

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2006, 07:36:02 PM »
What's a lustrum?

A lust room is where the customers wait their turn at Mustang Ranch.

fireflyr

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2006, 02:42:33 PM »
What's a lustrum?

HAAA-- Didn't see that one coming, of course, I've never been there so how would I, ;D HMMMM?
That place was just more proof that if it Flies, Floats, or (you figure it out), it's cheaper to rent!!!! ;)

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2006, 03:02:10 PM »
What's a lustrum?

HAAA-- Didn't see that one coming, of course, I've never been there so how would I, ;D HMMMM?
That place was just more proof that if it Flies, Floats, or (you figure it out), it's cheaper to rent!!!! ;)

;D ;D ;D  Well.... it would seem it is cheaper to rent in many cases..... aircraft... cars.... ahem... etc!

I saw a special on "The Ranch" on TV some years back... I think it was on HBO.  They actually DO have an airstrip on the premises and a white plane with pink lettering ... but it was the Bunny Ranch, not the Mustang Ranch, if memory serves.  How'd you like the job of Pilot over there?!   Preflights might get very interesting!
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!