Author Topic: Have you ever noticed...  (Read 23962 times)

Offline Have Blue

Have you ever noticed...
« on: November 07, 2005, 02:12:23 AM »
... when flying over water the crazy things the guys in those motorboats do?  I see 'em do dounuts and eights and all sorts 'o things an' half the time the've got water skiers on their backs.   :o  'S fun to race 'em, even if the don't know it. ;D
"I'm sure as hell not a killer, but flying combat is like a game, and a guy likes to come out on top."
-George Preddy, P-51 ace

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Have you ever noticed...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 02:19:04 AM »
And that's not all they do! Believe me!
That's one of the advantages of flying helicopters. We were on a fire once next to a huge lake up in Yellowstone and there was a mother-daugther team on a pretty racey boat who showed their appreciation about what we do by flashing every helicopter who was on final for the helibase. We met them later that night at the bar, they were really cool to hang out with and seemed to have a lot of fun "supporting" us! (needless to say every helicopter flew the approach pretty slow that day...)
Flying is awesome!
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 02:45:21 AM »
Flying is awesome!

So is boating... it's nice to have those girls on your boat too... ;D

Sleek <------------- Owns a boat as well... :) 
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 03:09:44 AM »
WOW!
You know, I've never thought about that. But you're totally right! 8)

So you got rid of the plane but kept the boat, huh?!

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2005, 03:20:52 AM »
WOW!

I figured out girls dig boats more than airplanes... ;D
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

Offline CDNpilot

• Aviation.ca
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2005, 04:58:31 PM »
LOL i'm not so sure about that.  At work the girls really think it's cool that i'm a pilot.  I know there are a couple girls that really want to go for a ride still. :D
I hate to wake up and find my co-pilot asleep

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 07:41:02 PM »
LOL i'm not so sure about that.  At work the girls really think it's cool that i'm a pilot.  I know there are a couple girls that really want to go for a ride still. :D
shoot, take'em up and introduce them to the *cough* "mile high club" 8)
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2005, 07:52:27 PM »
the pilot thing definetly helps. it wasn't the reason I became one, but it has never been an obstacle, he he.
here is a conversation I overheared 12 years ago at an airport in Austria:
Brunette: So this was your boyfriend?
Blonde:    Yes, that's him.
Brunette: He's not what I would call cute.
Blonde:    I know, . . . but he's a pilot!

True story! 8)

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2005, 07:54:21 PM »
hehe, that's pretty funny mike! *thinking for a moment* hmmm, maybe that's why i've got a smokin' hot girlfriend......hmmm ahhh the bennies of the trade ;)

anyone ever fly with a co-pilot that's fasting? i was stuck in a tomahawk for over five hours* with "fasting co-pilot" and lemmetellya somthing about someone fasting. for a while there i thought he had really bad gas. turns out it was his BREATH! OMG it was awful. i was getting so pissed that each time i smelled it i would light a cigarette to hide the smell. no doubt, dudes breath smelled like rotten limburger cheese on a hot southern august day.

*since hurricane Katrina and Rita i've been contracted to be a relay aircraft for an offshore helicopter operation due to the storms taking out their repeater towers. boring as heck but hey, it racks up the hours. we go to a certain area and hold for hours on end. at least all I need now is few more multi hours and i'll be marketable, yay!
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Bev

• Bird Brain
    • Chooken
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2005, 02:33:59 PM »
Hmmm must... get... my pilots liscence.... NOW

Thumperak

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2005, 09:42:48 PM »
I've heard it said the two happiest days in a boat owner's life is the day he buys his boat, and the day he sells it.  I don't think the same can be said of an airplane owner.  When I bought my '77 KCAB, a friend took pictures of my taking delivery of it.  I am smiling ear to ear the whole time, the individual I bought it from looks like someone ran over his puppy. (He sold it to buy floats and an engine for an Aeronca he was rebuilding).  Too bad the pilot thing doesn't help in Alaska (my home).  Lots of pilots, few available women.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2005, 05:44:49 PM »
ouch, I heard about Alaska!
Everybody is a pilot there it seems, and my friends from Alaska say the same thing about the women issue.
What a bummer...
But it's a beautiful place I hear! (I've never been there, but I really want to go once at least ...in the summer)

Offline Roland

• Cockerel
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2005, 07:34:55 AM »
I’m not a pilot, merely engineer, therefore I can’t tell if girls like pilots or not. Helicopter engineers start to work, when pilots return the helicopters (mostly broken) and if we come to the bar, pilots and girls are ether gone or drunk.

However, I got married, have children, so it can’t be so bad being an engineer. But aviation is a very dangerous field for any relationship or marriage.
If helicopter flying would be difficult, engineers would do it.

fireflyr

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2006, 06:12:55 PM »
Yeah, ROLAND is right about that.
I was a cargo pilot twenty years ago when my first marriage ended and I tell people that I got AIDS (that's Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrome).
Being gone a lot is NOT condusive to a healthy relationship.
When I remarried, I made sure my bride knew that I had a misstress named 'Airplane" and that she'd have to deal with it.
Funny how many women (maybe men too--see "Brokeback Mountain") are attracted to airplane drivers and don't realize it's a lifelong passion they'll have to compete with.

Offline SkyKing

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 07:45:17 PM »
WOW!

I figured out girls dig boats more than airplanes... ;D

That's why I refuse to settle for mere girls . . .I much prefer WOMEN.

Nothing is so much fun as watching a beautiful, skilled lady shooting the landing from the seat beside you.