Author Topic: Heavy planes and frequencies  (Read 16665 times)

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
Re: Heavy planes and frequencies
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 06:00:48 AM »
 ;D I likez it heer
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 07:55:25 AM »
so if i want to go to the little boys tree out side i have to ask you for the shovel s'mom  ::unbelieveable:: ::eek:: ::loony:: ::complaining:  and by the sounds of it you got off lightly having to write out 5000 lines   ::rofl::
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

airtac

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 09:48:27 AM »
I feel so empty, my life is worthless, I wanted to be a farmer, I'm going to go hang with Jim--He is NOT a farmer either...we can go drown our sorrows together.. ::drinking:: ::drinking::

We-e-e-l-l-ll,

It's tempting to say this WAS a promotion....   ::silly::    and that, somehow, there's some lofty REASON I get to go farming....  but, ach, I'll share the secret....

Mike told me he decides who gets the farm shovel by their DENTAL status...  and Hey, let's face it....  You guys both have all your teeth!!!

::loony::         :D          :P           ::whistle:: 
WADYYAMEAN?   I got all my teeth (they're in a mayonnaise jar by the bed next to my wig, titanium leg, glass eye, and hearing aids) plus I got rutabaga growing in the garden and I ain't a farmer????-----Gordy's right, nothing to do but sit around and have some home sqeezin's (you know--likker--white lighnin') that'll help us figger out how to attain this exalted "FARMER" rating.    Or it's a sexist thing Gman, Mike likes her better because she's a GIRL (sheesh--wimmen flying airplanes-what next?)    ::banghead::

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 04:02:34 PM »
what about the Boeing 757 then?

I believe it's GW is 220,000 to 255,000lbs.....

Is it because of it's vortices??

Mike, I am not certain about this but I have read some threads on other forums that say some of the later 757's had a GW increase (maybe) and that made them a "Heavy".  Maybe the cutoff point is 250,000 instead of 300,000?  What I do know is that some 757's are classified as "Heavy" and some are not.

Now, I was raised on a farm and I work for a farmer... What'll that get me for recognition?   Hehe ::loony:: ;D
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 04:04:51 PM »
Actually I'm pretty sure this was asked here some time ago, and I think that there is an exeption from weight if a plane has heavy wake turbulence. But I'm not a pilot so I'm just guestimating from memory fragments.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 06:24:41 PM »
Not sure if any of you read Airliners.net forum, but apparently they have the same questions about the 757.
Here's their responses - http://www.airliners.net/discussions/tech_ops/read.main/72781/

They basically say what has already been said here, but there are a few other explanations such as:
If not stated above which I didn't see, the reason that ATA is a "Heavy" is cause they are over 255,000 cause they are all coach. A 757 with First Class seats keeps it under that TOW, but ATA with so many more seat on-board is almost always heavy.
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2008, 06:26:57 PM »
Boy G-Man, there is just NO getting anything past you, is there?!?!?!?!!   ::sulk::

Actually, this latest endeavor entailed 4 cases of Dom Perignon, 6 flats of Cuban cigars, a rather impressive cash transaction (unmarked bills ONLY), and for the LAST item, well, I'm still working on that.....    ::banghead::

Have to write 5000 times:

"Helicopters are better than airplanes"
"Helicopters are better than airplanes"
"Helicopters are better than airplanes"...........

::banghead::

And, I was kinda hopin' for PINK letters, not BLUE.....    :'(

:D           ;)             :D            ;)

::bow::  ::bow::  ::bow::  ::bow::  ::bow::  ::bow::  ::bow:: I wannnna be jus like s'mom when I gro up ;D :D
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2008, 06:31:58 PM »
it's a sexist thing Gman, Mike likes her better because she's a GIRL (sheesh--wimmen flying airplanes-what next?)    ::banghead::

I'm with you Jim.. next thing ya know, they'll be putting on their halter tops and marching down to the voter stations to vote.. Damn the suffragette movement.. ::whistle:: ::whistle::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2008, 08:47:19 PM »
Even Better... Ya'll might jest git ur selvs a woman president >:D

airtac

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2008, 10:30:59 PM »
Even Better... Ya'll might jest git ur selvs a woman president >:D

AND I'D VOTE FOR HER (if it wasn't you-know-who) ::unbelieveable::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 02:55:37 AM »
BWAAA  HAAAA, jeez, after a lifetime of shoveling just about everything one can imagine, for the VERY FIRST time, everybody wants to chip IN!!!!!  :D

Wow, Mike, I had no idea this chicken-farmer stuff was so, um, APPEALING.     ::bow::      ::bow::      ::bow::

And, since I want to do this up right, this morning I went next door to the folks with the 172....  sat right down at their chicken wire fence and talked to the girls in the chicken coop...  you know, trying to "Be one with the Chicken Cosmos" and all...... 

And we were having a nice little chat, the flock of us, when the neighbor man came home from town....  we were so busy clucking and such, I never DID hear him walk up behind me....  WOW, what a look......       

Don't think I'll ever get near that pretty airplane now.......    I think I hear him building a fence, actually.....    ::banghead::

Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2008, 03:25:55 AM »
Wow, Mike, I had no idea this chicken-farmer stuff was so, um, APPEALING.     ::bow::      ::bow::      ::bow::

Well now.. I've thinking---I want the title of "Chic Chaser" or "Hen Herder".. I could then "be at one with my pepes".. ::whistle:: ::whistle::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2008, 07:12:53 AM »
I was wondering how long it would take the guys to catch on. . . .  and then get all worked up about it . . . .

5 hours and a few minutes it was  ;)

How come it's such a big deal when it's mom? But Ted Striker and Gulfstream almost went unnoticed back when?   ?   ?

It's cause she's a girl, isn't it?!?  ::sulk::

But who would be better to keep an eye on all the little chicklets than MOM ?!?!  :)
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2008, 07:48:37 AM »
better watch out her new powers might go to her head lol remember absolute power corrupts absolutely  ;) ::rambo:: ::complaining:
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2008, 05:12:18 PM »
I was wondering how long it would take the guys to catch on. . . .  and then get all worked up about it . . . .

5 hours and a few minutes it was  ;)

Haaaa, so you were counting, Mike??!??!??!!  Too funny......    ::rofl::

I must say, I've been called a GIRL more in this thread than I have in the last 30+ years......    :D

Does that mean things are looking up??     ::whistle::

Can I quit counseling now??!!??!??!??    ;)

::loony::
Don't make me come back there!!!!