Author Topic: We're here to help!  (Read 12812 times)

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: We're here to help!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2006, 10:02:36 PM »
See, when you guys make it BIG, you'll not want to fly your own G-5, you'll hire some lackey and that's when some young fan/friend will call in his/her marker and you'll hire them.

How 'bout the Gulfstream Driver?   ;)
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

fireflyr

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2006, 10:26:22 PM »
No you're not, flying blind---saw yer picture---WHOA!!!!!   :o

Mike, I dunno about the chicken suit idea :-[

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2006, 10:49:34 PM »
@ FlyingBlind: Well, it could take a while until I make it to Estonia... But if you hook me up with the right people to go parachuting, you'll get a couple of books for free of course!  ;D If you come for a visit to Vienna, you get a free copy too!  :)
Mailing money is illegal?! I didn't know that!

As for the Gulfstream pilot... Well, if we can ever afford that, we can also afford two pilots! Hehe ;D

Offline FlyingBlind

• Cockerel
  • What goes up, must come down
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2006, 10:54:46 PM »
Can be done Stef! BUT the problem is that i cant get the training lessons cheaper :( its still 2000 krones (190 Dollars - Includes Training + 2 jumps) and the rest of the jumps is inbetween 100 - 400 krones (each jump)

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2006, 11:13:44 PM »

As for the Gulfstream pilot... Well, if we can ever afford that, we can also afford two pilots! Hehe ;D

And at that time we will also be able to afford sending FlyingBlind a bunch of free copies ;)
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2006, 02:17:20 AM »
Great strip! Really great, and in more ways than one. There is the classic stereotype that FAA and pilots/operators hate each-other but strictly speaking the FAA really is there to help, help make safety is up to std. and that's in all people's interest isn't it? Pilots, owners, passengers and people on the ground etc. Of course I know like has been said earlier then there are bad seeds in all groups, aviation, politics, religion, gender, culture etc. but isn't the FAA like the traffic police, to make sure the vehicles etc. are safe, and clean so that people can enjoy them with minimal risk, and enviromental impact which will further ruin life? I know I'm a bit special compared to what the media and news show as normal young males but I don't object to speed limits, right of way, vehicles requirements etc. at least none I've heard of yet and I for one can't enjoy the drive/flight if the vehicle isn't safe and since I'm not an engineer despite what tech-knowledge I've picked up since a small kid both from magazines and my dad then it's nice that there are some people who work to help others in this way. People have different skills and desires and by working together humans can do a lot. I'm a bit of a loaner but even I know that, and actually after talking with good people at Racerplanet and now here I know that I'm not as alone as I thought since I've found there are good responsible people around :)

The great thing about the strip is also that both Chuck and the inspector laugh at each-others joke-line but it's a friendly, mutually respectful laugh, like good old friends both of them, again the drawings convey so much from the detailed expressions  8)

Greetings
Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2006, 04:22:18 AM »
Wow Frank! You just turned a three panel strip into a whole chapter of a book!!   ;D

Or were we able to caption a pretty big topic in only 3 panels??

:D :D

Thanks for the kudos!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 04:23:54 AM by Mike »
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2006, 04:31:36 AM »
You're welcome, but I think it's you guys that got all that into 3 panels  8)

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline FlyingBlind

• Cockerel
  • What goes up, must come down
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2006, 12:28:28 PM »
I agree with Frank :) you guys are great...