Author Topic: We're here to help!  (Read 12847 times)

fireflyr

We're here to help!
« on: February 28, 2006, 11:34:39 AM »
BWAAAAAHAHAAA  :D

I love it!     Guys, this one great.

Nothing gets me into self preservation mode quicker.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 11:40:08 AM by fireflyr »

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: We're here to help!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 06:10:38 PM »
Saw this one in Trade-a-plane last week.  I think it's one of my favorite jokes.   :D
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 08:45:18 PM »
Thanks guys!

I have to say, this is by far one of my absolute favorites as well (if not my most favorite so far...).

In real life I am getting along really well with our inspectors in VNY. Our POI keeps changing but there are only so many helicopter inspectors out there, so we all know them. They are too busy, since the cut-backs started, to give us a hard time and we always just do our thing the way they told us to without creating any headaches for them. This way we've been co-existing in harmony for a long time now. In fact, I am there almost every week to submit liftplans, schedule checkrides for my guys, and so on...

But there is always that guy who has to prove something and/or likes to get power-trippin' on you because he doesn't know you... Am I right?
Another favorite: RAMPCHECK !!
But by now I know enough about what they want and have been through so many inspections and checkrides that they can rarely find anything to bust my chops. ;)
(I hope I didn't jinx it just now... I have a checkride in 10 days!)
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline FlyingBlind

• Cockerel
  • What goes up, must come down
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 10:00:55 PM »
This one is really good :D i hope you make a comic book (as in REAL book...not in the web :P) and ship it to me (for free - a getwell present :D) but good one..no really!

fireflyr

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 01:21:13 AM »

I paid full price for mine and I'm happy I did----it's well worth it---

A wise man once told me that when something costs nothing, that's how much it's worth!

When's the next one due to be published?

Jim

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2006, 01:59:35 AM »

I paid full price for mine and I'm happy I did----it's well worth it---

A wise man once told me that when something costs nothing, that's how much it's worth!

When's the next one due to be published?

Jim

Wow, Thanks for the kudos (again) Jim!! !
I needed that today. Just found out some old grumpy guy posted a pretty bad review of our book at amazon.com
I realize that if you put your work out for the public to enjoy you can't always get everybody to like you. But it kind of hurts if someone goes through the whole process of logging in to amazon just to write a negative review. I don't like "Chris Isaak" for example but all I do is just not buy his music... know what I mean?

But check it out though: If you go to amazon.com and punch in "Chicken Wings" in the search, our book will be the first book on top! Pretty cool, huh?! ;D
I like that!
Maybe you guys can help us out with some good reviews in amazon.com next time you happen to be at their website ( ;), hint, he he....)

Offline Paper-Airplane

• Sketchhumor.com!
    • Sketch Humor
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 02:29:31 AM »
I gotta get the book. I need money...

Also the comic today was hillarious. Great work guys  :).

Offline chuckar101

• Rooster
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 04:44:41 AM »
Love the new comic and you know as well as I do Mike some people have no personality and don't enjoy the simple pleasures in life like Chicken Wings.
WOW I did that!

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 04:58:09 AM »
Did you happen to look at that guy's wish list?  I'm not sure he has a sense of humor.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

fireflyr

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 05:44:23 AM »
My dad's favorite piece of chicken was what he called the "popes nose"---it was the part of the chicken that crossed over the fence last---also the part just north of the sewer outlet---the piece that tail feathers were attached to---are we getting the picture here?
What kind of sense of humor would you expect from someone named Gene 'POPE'--let your mind wander through the possibilities here folks. :-\

Most time referred to as an equine Posterior-- or something like that, this guy is definitely a chicken lip--or something like that!  ;)

Humorless to say the least.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 05:46:20 AM by fireflyr »

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 05:48:19 AM »
Thanks guys!

It's good to have die-hard friends and fans.

So can I count on you to top this review? :)

fireflyr

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006, 08:59:35 AM »
We're just trying to encourage you and Stef.

See, when you guys make it BIG, you'll not want to fly your own G-5, you'll hire some lackey and that's when some young fan/friend will call in his/her marker and you'll hire them.  I knew Sparky Schulze (Peanuts) but couldn't suck up for a job flying his Citation because his kid Craig is a great pilot and wanted the job.
I also figure you'll move to Sonoma County to build your winery and mansion and I'll suck up for that 5 dollar an hour gardener job that I'll need to supplement my social security check, so don't get all emotional about the support.  :'(

Offline FlyingBlind

• Cockerel
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006, 12:57:05 PM »
Thats why i do not like Estonia! No paypal, no credit cards (well you can get one but it costs hallelujah! a lot) so i'd really appriciate if i could get a discount...and since mailing money is illegal....well...i have no idea if Stef or Mike (pardon, bad memory :)) was coming in Estonia, if he could bring one book with him and i could buy it offa him

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2006, 06:35:37 PM »
We're just trying to encourage you and Stef.

See, when you guys make it BIG, you'll not want to fly your own G-5, you'll hire some lackey and that's when some young fan/friend will call in his/her marker and you'll hire them.  I knew Sparky Schulze (Peanuts) but couldn't suck up for a job flying his Citation because his kid Craig is a great pilot and wanted the job.
I also figure you'll move to Sonoma County to build your winery and mansion and I'll suck up for that 5 dollar an hour gardener job that I'll need to supplement my social security check, so don't get all emotional about the support.  :'(

Winery, huh?! You can be my gardener anytime Jim!
I am just not sure how much gardening we're gonna get done sitting down with the young wine we just bottled telling fire and aviation stories . . . ;)
About the G5: We would have to make it REALLY BIG for that one! Harrison Ford told me how much his costs...  :oWoah!
We would have to sell a few more books and t-shirts for that...
How about flying a Caravan or Twin Otter in a Chicken-Suit at airshows instead ??  ;) ;D

Thanks for the support Jim! And thank you so much for the review at amazon.com!!
Looks like the guys bad review will get drowned out now. Especially since he's the only one who has a spelling
error in his headline. Makes him look a little less smart than all the other reviews.... ;)

Offline FlyingBlind

• Cockerel
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006, 09:17:40 PM »
I am being ingored :(