Author Topic: File a Flight plan  (Read 4884 times)

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
File a Flight plan
« on: March 06, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »
And what he can't see can't hurt Chuck!  ::eek:: Good Strip, Mike and Steff! ;D
http://www.trade-a-plane.com/chickenwings/chickenwings.html
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: File a Flight plan
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 05:31:34 PM »
HA HA!
Thanks!

We thought of that one in Salzburg while skiing. It was really foggy and snowy the first day and we went way up on the mountain where they had only double black diamond runs and really enjoyed being the only ones up there . . . . until somebody said: "Wait! Maybe we're not the only ones up here. Maybe those runs are full of people and we just can't see them?!?!"   :o ;D

Did you check out some of the other strips?
I reall like the one with the new electrical plane (I believe it was last January or first February strip....)
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 08:10:39 PM »
HA HA!
Thanks!

We thought of that one in Salzburg while skiing. It was really foggy and snowy the first day and we went way up on the mountain where they had only double black diamond runs and really enjoyed being the only ones up there . . . . until somebody said: "Wait! Maybe we're not the only ones up here. Maybe those runs are full of people and we just can't see them?!?!"   :o ;D

Did you check out some of the other strips?
I reall like the one with the new electrical plane (I believe it was last January or first February strip....)

That made me laugh hard indeed :)
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 09:40:28 PM »
Oh man, that is just TOO good!   ::bow::

And....  have you ever thought, when you're out sneaking around in the smoke.... 

"Aww, there's nobody else dumb enough to be out here...."  <-----  That's a direct quote from a leadplane instructor I was flying with once in my training, right before the tanker came over the radio and said "Hey, are you guys out here too???"     ::eek::           ::loony::           

::unbelieveable::

::rofl::    ::rofl::    ::rofl::    ::rofl::
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 02:32:39 AM »
During my first fire season I had a Siller Bro's pilot yell at me after I said:
Man, I tried to fly into the canyon but it was so smoky that I couldn't see anything in there so I left.

He said:
You're an idiot what are you trying to do flying into that canyon when you can't see?!?
You could have hit me!!

I didn't say anything because initially I was intimidated by the old experienced and gruffy pilot, but later I thought:
Wait, who is the idiot? The guy who TRIED to fly into the canyon and left because he couldn't see?
Or the guy who was WORKING in there with a longline the whole time??
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 05:23:31 AM »
Mike, how far did you have your tongue stuck in your cheek when you wrote that???  Hehe.   
::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::
 ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 06:43:28 AM »
He said:
You're an idiot what are you trying to do flying into that canyon when you can't see?!?
You could have hit me!!

Whoa!!  That right there sums up the FINE LINE between doing your job and making everyone HAPPY, and pulling a boneheaded move that ticks off everybody! 

I'm with YOU!!  Who's the idiot???   ;) 

I think I told you this one -- once during a huge season, we were out to scout whether we could get some retardant down into the smoke inversion...  the fires were screaming for help and it had been so smoked in, that no aircraft had flown for days.  There were 2 or 3 heavies orbiting up high, and I kept dipping down into the top of the inversion, to see if I could find a thinner part so we could get down in the canyons, head up to the fire, and go to work. 

Well, I tried, and moved over, and tried again...  repeat, repeat.  It would look okay until I got down in it, and it was just GARBAGE.  I hated to call it off...  and was wondering if I should try yet another spot, when one of the old (OLD) guys in the PB4Y2 said over the radio "Hey!  Mary!  I got a word for what we're doin' here..."

I called him back, laughing, and said, "What's that?" 

He said with a grin in his voice, "STUPID...."

And we all headed for the barn......    ::drinking::      ::drinking::      ::drinking::

Maybe you'll cross paths again with that crabby ole guy.........................   ::banghead::
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 08:02:20 AM »
been out ski mountaineering in a complete white out a few times over here (im a telemarker mike/stef) you end up stopping and looking at the map thinking "im sure there is meant to be a cliff around here"
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"