Author Topic: Where's your closest airport  (Read 29888 times)

Offline leiafee

• Cockerel
    • "Lets go flying": Scribblings of a novice PPL
Re: Where's your closest airport
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2008, 07:41:11 PM »
Well.. maybe.. If you like the sound of a bunch of drunk rugby paying miners spewing phlem over each other.. ::eek:: ::eek::  ::whistle::

Methinks you're gonna get some violence for that comment...  ::rambo::
[/quote]

Naaa, I'll jsut want front row tickets if G-Man ever dares say that in front of some drunk rugby-playing miners...  :P

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2008, 07:53:13 PM »
Well.. maybe.. If you like the sound of a bunch of drunk rugby paying miners spewing phlem over each other.. ::eek:: ::eek::  ::whistle::

Methinks you're gonna get some violence for that comment...  ::rambo::

Naaa, I'll jsut want front row tickets if G-Man ever dares say that in front of some drunk rugby-playing miners...  :P
[/quote]

It'd be a hoot huh.. ::whistle:: ::whistle:: Having said that--have said it to them before.. Many years ago I used to play rugby in Yorkshire, have had many a scrummage with said drunk miners.. And had my ass kicked a few times too ::drinking:: ::whistle:: ::drinking:: Seems to me the were all called "Jones".. ::thinking:: Was last in Wales back in 88 flying out of RAF Valley.
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2008, 04:52:57 PM »
Well RC, Ugro-finnic languages are quite much like nothing else... me being a bit spoker of Hungarian, can just say that it is whole different than any slavic language.

btw. I love the sound of Ya tem turatem... even funnier than Welsh ;D
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2008, 05:01:05 PM »
If you ever come to the country of chocolates and banks here is the nearest: LSZA. Be careful, if I remember correctly, to fly IFR you need a special endorsement (step descent path)!  :)
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2008, 10:08:08 PM »
Happy, is it called the "Chuck 1 Arrival"?!?!?!    :D

;D

Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2008, 08:10:41 AM »
happy must of flown into that airstrip a few times.........just look at her signature lol
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2008, 02:01:19 AM »
Spring is sure hurrying to arrive, here at ID68....     :)

We had a nice day today, it was the spring "Clean-Up-The-Runway" day and everyone (even one dog and one cat) turned out to pick rocks, and gather up stray items that blew in during the winter.  A few brushy trees were pulled up, and fences were checked....  it's so nice to think that summer is coming!!

The resident 172 driver got her out and made three perfect landings...  what a nice sound to hear on a warm, sunny day.

I asked if anyone here minded various airborne visitors and it was a unanimous vote -- C'MON IN and VISIT ---  so, if anyone gets overhead in this part of the world, and can use 1800 feet of dirt, please drop in!!    ::bow::

Happy Spring, everybody!!    :D

8)

airtac

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2008, 02:37:22 PM »
Spring is sure hurrying to arrive, here at ID68....     :)

We had a nice day today, it was the spring "Clean-Up-The-Runway" day and everyone (even one dog and one cat) turned out to pick rocks, and gather up stray items that blew in during the winter.  A few brushy trees were pulled up, and fences were checked....  it's so nice to think that summer is coming!!

The resident 172 driver got her out and made three perfect landings...  what a nice sound to hear on a warm, sunny day.

I asked if anyone here minded various airborne visitors and it was a unanimous vote -- C'MON IN and VISIT ---  so, if anyone gets overhead in this part of the world, and can use 1800 feet of dirt, please drop in!!    ::bow::

Happy Spring, everybody!!    :D

8)

OH THAT GOT IT STARTED!!! ::loony::
Soon as I read that, I started singing (in my head, thank heavens) "Green Acres is the place for me"---now I can't quit humming it  ::complaining:  A dog and a cat, huh?  Will ya introduce me to Arnold the pig, HUH, WILLYA WILLYA? ::rofl::
My workhorse won't fit in there but I sure can borrow or rent something that will..............

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2008, 04:13:07 PM »
should be able to squezze in my 1/4 scale pitts special in that space s'mom lol whats the area around the 'strip like? hope there is no trees
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2008, 04:19:39 PM »
If'n thar ain't no trees, ah should be able ta fit mah Platypus in thar!  Hehe.   ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

airtac

« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2008, 05:46:04 PM »
If'n thar ain't no trees, ah should be able ta fit mah Platypus in thar!  Hehe.   ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow::
Pick me up on the way by---I got the beer and you can play designated pilot |:)\

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2008, 09:39:22 PM »

R/C can ya drop in and pick me up on the way too  ;D ;D ;D Airtac i'll see yer beers and raise you a carton of Crownies mate  ::drinking:: ::whistle::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2008, 09:47:02 PM »

R/C can ya drop in and pick me up on the way too  ;D ;D ;D Airtac i'll see yer beers and raise you a carton of Crownies mate  ::drinking:: ::whistle::

I'd love to Gibbo, but I'm afraid the Platypus doesn't have the range to pick you up!   |:)\ |:)\ |:)\

You can just send them Crownies to us via FedEx or DHL.  Hehe.   ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2008, 09:52:26 PM »

I'd love to Gibbo, but I'm afraid the Platypus doesn't have the range to pick you up!   |:)\ |:)\ |:)\

You can just send them Crownies to us via FedEx or DHL.  Hehe.   ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking::

Hee hee, no probs mate  ;D  ::whistle:: might see if i can sneek in the casewith the crownies   ::drinking:: ::drinking::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2008, 07:50:17 PM »
Yesssssssssssssssss!!!                  ::bow::

DO IT!!!  Wow, Crownies AND good company??!?  Sounds great to me!           :D

It's sure spring here now...  very nice and mild....  I have spring fever bad!  Hearing that smooth-sounding Cessna when the neighbor was out Sunday was just about too much......  I broke out with a bad case of "Airplane-itis"....    ;D

8)