Author Topic: Is it spring yet.....  (Read 20301 times)

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
Re: Is it spring yet.....
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2008, 08:12:57 PM »
Well..it is actually snowing here in Rolla, MO.. ::whistle:: ::whistle:: ::drinking:: ::drinking::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2008, 03:17:39 AM »
got sun-burned today, working on my boat in LA . . .

:P ;D
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 08:23:29 PM »
Rub it in Mike, rub it in....... ::knockedout::

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 08:26:15 PM »
its been snowing all day here and none of it is laying its all melted
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2008, 08:43:02 PM »
Well it's March 25th so officially it is spring. As my brother said just after we visited our mom today, the snow mustn't have heard that :D

The pictures were taken just a few minutes after arriving so as you can see it was one heck of a ride. The main roads were also totally covered in snow so no stripes etc.
And no, Bridgestone Turanza ER30 195/60-15s aren't good snow tires, luckily, I know how to drive slow and smooth and unlike my brother who came a few minutes after me, I didn't have anyone tailgating me.

The last picture is looking towards the exit of the area we live in, standing in front of our place, the place we lived in almost 10 years (and were my dad passed away in the christmas of 98) is two doors down the road in the same rowhouse-block as we live in now.

Temperature is about +0.5C so the snow isn't quite slush, but not dry and firm either so it's about as slippery as can be.

Frank

P.S. Hmm, maybe I should've posted this in Life Thrue Your Camera instead?
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2008, 10:11:42 PM »
now thats what i call real snow cos all we are getting here is small stuff that does not settle  ::complaining:
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

airtac

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2008, 04:27:48 PM »
UGH!! That snow/slush stuff does NOT look like fun--I'm planting flowers today (that ought to make ya hate me!!)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2008, 04:50:40 PM »
UGH!! That snow/slush stuff does NOT look like fun--I'm planting flowers today (that ought to make ya hate me!!)

No, that makes me want to emigrate! Ah, to not have to swap tires 5+ times a year at unknown times, to not have to stand in the frost scraping ice off the windows and having the engine running all the time to demist the windows inside, to not get fried when accidentally turning on the seatheating in summertime (every single vehicle car in DK has seatheating as std. the last many years and I dislike the feeling even when it's freezingt so it's just one more electrical thing to go wrong for me). And best of all, Cheap Fuel!! (Yes I heard the 5+ USD/gall price over CNN radio but it's still way cheaper than here!)
The only problem: How to get a green card.

Frank
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 04:54:08 PM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2008, 07:14:50 PM »
Maybe you could try to marry Mary?  ::) ;)

Oh and btw American fuel is far less octane as our home one, so I suppose that with comparable car you would get bigger consumption. Does not make driving equally priced though.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2008, 09:40:52 PM »
Hahahahaha, very funny. On a serius note then USA and perhaps other North-American countries as well, use a different octane rating than Europe (which use the RON std.) so US regular which I think is 87 isn't as far from 93 octane RON as it looks, it's almost the same I think, of course 80% of the cars in Denmark use (read: need) 95 octane RON. Besides, even if I could get a Mondeo mk2 over stateside then I'd plan on leaving the euro-spec engine in Europe and using a complete California spec engine (just a normal 2.0L 4-cylinder Zetec-E engine, not the Duratec V6 model) anyway so the slightly lower octane rating wouldn't be a problem. A scandinavian/german engine probably wouldn't be well-tuned to the weather in California or such anyway. Plus the Mondeo in Europe comes with engines down to a 95hp 1.6 Zetec-E variant and those are quite cheap.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2008, 12:17:53 AM »
Maybe you could try to marry Mary?  ::) ;)

Oh and btw American fuel is far less octane as our home one, so I suppose that with comparable car you would get bigger consumption. Does not make driving equally priced though.

Whoa, whoa, whoa young man. Mary and I are getting married. Was it not you who was going to do a flyby with a MIG?
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2008, 03:01:27 AM »
Awwwright!!!!!!!!!   ;D

I was a little worried our earlier wedding plans had been forgotten....  seeing as how time has been slipping by!   ::bow::

So far, I've got some bewskis, some leftover tequila, and various other spirits for the party....  this social planning stuff is pretty stressful, you know..  think I'll go have a beer...   ::whistle::

::whistle::

Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2008, 07:52:30 AM »
yeaaaaaa any excuse for a party!!! ::bow:: ill be over wi a few bottles o scotch

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2008, 11:40:30 PM »
Here are some smart sheep who apparently went to school.....

(actually the farmer used 3 herding dogs and strategically placed feed, the message said..)...

Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2008, 04:17:15 PM »
Here are some smart sheep who apparently went to school.....

Thats pretty good--but I raise you one squirrell: ::whistle:: ::whistle::

Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........