Author Topic: Is it spring yet.....  (Read 20281 times)

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Is it spring yet.....
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 05:31:26 AM »
HAI, eh??  Hope you had a good time.  I hear there are two heavy A/Ts in that area but haven't heard much else for rumors......

(And I'm with you on the YAY!   ;)  )

:D
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 05:31:57 AM »
I flew over it last night when coming back from Houston.

AHhhhhh--Glad to see someone got to go play at the expo--the rest of us were holding down the fort--protecting the country from wildfire-protecting homes..saving women & children.. ::whistle:: ::whistle::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline leiafee

• Cockerel
    • "Lets go flying": Scribblings of a novice PPL
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 10:03:29 PM »
lleiafee did we ever have a winter over here? we had a spring,summer autumn missed out winter and went straight to spring again

Hmm, I think the three days I spent stranded with aeroplane on the Isle of Wight because I decided to employ the better part of valour and turn back from some nasty weather counted as my "winter blues" ;-)

It was drop down gorgeous up there today though.  Windsock looked like it'd been nailed to the post, flat calm, high clouds just the right size and spacing for amusing myself dodging and diving and ducking between them.  Got up so high that air/ground practically laughed at me when I told them where I was.  Watched fast jets with cool fierce-sounding call signs way down underneath me on their way to the practice range (the reason a/g had asked after me), then went down low instead and bimbled about looking at the castles and ironage earthworks that surround our little airport.  Trailed along the coast where the downland sweeps up frot he sea and frightened a paraglider about to launch himself at me.  Wagged my wings at him in apology and cleared off out of his way, dawdled over the saltmarshes, peered at the progress on the ne runway at the next airfield over, did a PFL at a handy sandbank, then wandered home to sit on the wing and watch the sun go down.

Can't ask for much more from a spring afternoon really.  :D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 10:05:43 PM by leiafee »

airtac

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 12:26:10 AM »
HEAVY SIGH  |:)\ That's so romantic  ::bow::

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 12:57:53 AM »
I concour! You describe that day so one can almost feel the wind and sun |:)\

It must be a funny feeling to be in a Tommy-hawk with jetliners flying underneath you :D

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 01:37:43 PM »
lleiafee did we ever have a winter over here? we had a spring,summer autumn missed out winter and went straight to spring again

Hmm, I think the three days I spent stranded with aeroplane on the Isle of Wight because I decided to employ the better part of valour and turn back from some nasty weather counted as my "winter blues" ;-)

It was drop down gorgeous up there today though.  Windsock looked like it'd been nailed to the post, flat calm, high clouds just the right size and spacing for amusing myself dodging and diving and ducking between them.  Got up so high that air/ground practically laughed at me when I told them where I was.  Watched fast jets with cool fierce-sounding call signs way down underneath me on their way to the practice range (the reason a/g had asked after me), then went down low instead and bimbled about looking at the castles and ironage earthworks that surround our little airport.  Trailed along the coast where the downland sweeps up frot he sea and frightened a paraglider about to launch himself at me.  Wagged my wings at him in apology and cleared off out of his way, dawdled over the saltmarshes, peered at the progress on the ne runway at the next airfield over, did a PFL at a handy sandbank, then wandered home to sit on the wing and watch the sun go down.

Can't ask for much more from a spring afternoon really.  :D

::sulk:: OK OK... you can stop rubbing it in now  ::bow:: it's just snow snow snow and more snow here... It does sound like a wonderful day though |:)\
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline leiafee

• Cockerel
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 06:17:40 PM »
I concour! You describe that day so one can almost feel the wind and sun |:)\

It must be a funny feeling to be in a Tommy-hawk with jetliners flying underneath you :D

Frank

Not airliners...  These boys...

We've got an air-ground bombing range next door.  The airfield I learned to fly at was actually inside the danger area.  They're pretty GA friendly and we co-exist very well most of the time.

(And get a cracking local airshow as a "thanks for not whinging about the noise too much"...)

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2008, 11:49:11 PM »
*picks up jaw from the floor!*
It's all Greek to me!

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008, 12:25:15 AM »
I think we got a bit to go here in Fairbanks:
Friday Night
Mostly clear. Lows 15 below to 30 below...warmest over the hills. Light winds in valleys. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph in valleys...20 to 35 mph over the hills with areas of blowing snow.

However, the good news is:
February 28, 2008 Sun Rise / Set:
Actual Time 8:04 AM AKST / 6:03 PM AKST
Length of Day 9h 58m
Tomorrow will be 6m 47s longer

Phil

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2008, 12:54:10 AM »
I think we got a bit to go here in Fairbanks:
Friday Night
Mostly clear. Lows 15 below to 30 below...warmest over the hills. Light winds in valleys. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph in valleys...20 to 35 mph over the hills with areas of blowing snow.

However, the good news is:
February 28, 2008 Sun Rise / Set:
Actual Time 8:04 AM AKST / 6:03 PM AKST
Length of Day 9h 58m
Tomorrow will be 6m 47s longer

Phil

We need the :cheers: smiley.

I've started working on the '69 International, planning on having it on the road by spring.  If I would just go ahead and spend the money it'd be ready to go tomorrow... 
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline leiafee

• Cockerel
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2008, 09:52:54 PM »
*picks up jaw from the floor!*

Yep, that pretty much matches my reaction, however many times I see them at it.  ;D

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2008, 04:13:29 PM »
its the same sort of thing when i head north up the A9 seeing tonka toys (tornados) flying 50ft abouve your car, or helis coming straight at you
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2008, 05:32:56 PM »
It smelled like spring here yesterday <wishful thinking smiley>... even though there was still lots of snow all over the ground, and Lake Michigan is still frozen as far as you can see. We walked out on the ice quite a ways yesterday. Pretty awesome sunset out over the ice.
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2008, 04:17:23 PM »
It's the first official day of spring and guess what??   IT"S SNOWING!!!!!  We have a winter weather advisory for 3-5 inches of snow by tomorrow  ::banghead::

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2008, 09:11:15 PM »
It's the first official day of spring and guess what??   IT"S SNOWING!!!!!  We have a winter weather advisory for 3-5 inches of snow by tomorrow  ::banghead::
HAHAHA, guess what, same here!!! Tomorrow should be up to 6 inches, heavy flying snow (that phenomen when snow drifts over the roads and thus making them even more slippery) and temperatures between +3 and -5 celcius. Happy spring ::rofl::

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci