Author Topic: Stalling  (Read 15463 times)

Offline fliboye

Re: Stalling
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 11:11:37 PM »
a stall which makes the nether regions of your seat cringe and the scene go from blue to green rather quickly other wise known as a whip stall, for instance be in level cruise pull the power back to idle and pull the yoke/ stick full aft and hold it maintaining coordination with the rudder as you fall to the earth. kinda cool after the first time. hehehe :o
I got into aviation because it was fun now I'm stuck cause I need the money ;-))))

fireflyr

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006, 02:21:49 AM »
a stall which makes the nether regions of your seat cringe and the scene go from blue to green rather quickly other wise known as a whip stall, for instance be in level cruise pull the power back to idle and pull the yoke/ stick full aft and hold it maintaining coordination with the rudder as you fall to the earth. kinda cool after the first time. hehehe :o
COOL--but if the boss is taking a nap? ???

Offline fliboye

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2006, 01:09:21 AM »
be very very quiet. ;D ;D ;D ;D
I got into aviation because it was fun now I'm stuck cause I need the money ;-))))

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2006, 01:38:03 PM »
`
That's also a aerobatics maneuver (when done intentionally) isn't it?

Btw, it reminds me of the joke: To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder. :D

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2006, 05:25:55 PM »
Frank,

It's not really an aerobatic maneuver, since you're not rolling or pitching more than a certain number of degrees.  I forget how much roll or pitch makes it aerobatic, though. 

A spin is an aerobatic maneuver, and can only be performed intentionally in certain aircraft (utility or aerobatic category).
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline fliboye

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2006, 09:17:38 AM »
30 deg pitch   60 deg bank and if done right you are not performing an aerobatic manuver but an extreme parabolic curve  or weightless ness off to work hehe 8)

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2006, 05:51:18 PM »
30 deg pitch   60 deg bank and if done right you are not performing an aerobatic manuver but an extreme parabolic curve  or weightless ness off to work hehe 8)

On this argument....I once tried the 0 gravity with my former boyfriend, who performed it to let me see what happens. is this an aerobatic maneuver or it's just felt alike inside the plane?!?
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2006, 02:55:50 PM »
The only time I experienced 0g was on a ride with my brother. It's always too short though when you're in a small plane... I would really love to do a ballistic flight, like the NASA does it, just once to see what it's like for two minutes or so! Does anyone know if you can book such a flight? I probably can't afford it anyway, but it's still a more realistic goal than a space trip!  ;) (which I'd love to do too!)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2006, 04:51:47 PM »
Ah, I didn't know there was a g definition of what a aerobatics manouver, thanks for the info :)

Stef: I too would love a ride on the vomic comet since I'm very interested in real wolrd space and space-travel as well as science fiction and in real life there's no such thing as artificial gravity like on Star Trek, Star Wars, Firefly etc. and I'd like to know just how weird it feels with the blood going to the head etc. from the 0 g you experience. It's fun to think about too, it's not 0 g since you're effected by earth's gravity but effectively the plane's carefully planned decent effectively gives you the same feel as 0 g, so in reality you're both experiencing 0 g and earth gravity at the same time, physics is actually pretty cool I think.
However I don't think it lasts 2 minutes, to my knowledge it's only 30-60 seconds at the most it can do that.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2006, 04:55:08 PM »
If you have lots of extra money, you can try it out here:

www.gozerog.com

First you cough of the money... then maybe something else.  :D

TM
"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2006, 05:00:21 PM »
Ah, I didn't know there was a g definition of what a aerobatics manouver, thanks for the info :)

Frank, I ignore if it's conceived as an aerobatic maneuver, in fact I was asking....
Maybe I wasn't clear enough  :) :) :) :)

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2006, 05:03:43 PM »
If you have lots of extra money, you can try it out here:

www.gozerog.com

First you cough of the money... then maybe something else.  :D

TM

We gotta buy some chicken wings 2 books, you see?!? :) :)

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2006, 08:28:12 PM »
The only time I experienced 0g was on a ride with my brother. It's always too short though when you're in a small plane... I would really love to do a ballistic flight, like the NASA does it, just once to see what it's like for two minutes or so! Does anyone know if you can book such a flight? I probably can't afford it anyway, but it's still a more realistic goal than a space trip!  ;) (which I'd love to do too!)

I believe that link for ZeroG is the same one I was aware of from the St. Louis Science Center.  Seems to be the same place.  I believe a trip runs close to $4,000 USD... not including the cost of getting up and back to the place, of course.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 08:36:09 PM by Ted_Stryker »
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2006, 03:19:33 PM »
`
That's also a aerobatics maneuver (when done intentionally) isn't it?

Btw, it reminds me of the joke: To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder. :D

Frank
Happy it was this post I made before you where I myself raised the question about the definition of what aerobatics was, I guess I should've used quotes or at least mention the name of the person I was replying specifically too, sorry for the misunderstanding.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2006, 04:28:15 PM »
Happy it was this post I made before you where I myself raised the question about the definition of what aerobatics was, I guess I should've used quotes or at least mention the name of the person I was replying specifically too, sorry for the misunderstanding.
Frank

Oh, no worries! I was thinking that maybe you got what I was asking as being a reply and then you would have had false info! And well, I actually could have understood that you were talking about another message, since there there is in fact the definition of aerobatics given by flyboye! I sometimes read through the forum too fast!