Author Topic: Bored IV: Fly a waterbomber!  (Read 12053 times)

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
We need FireFlyer!!
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2006, 11:26:13 PM »
How come fyrflyer is staying out of this one?
We need you in here Jim!!!

Hey, do you still have the game we played in WMC?
The two look alike but the one from your airtanker site was easier to play...
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

fireflyr

Re: Bored IV: Fly a waterbomber!
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2006, 06:14:56 AM »
HAHAHA :D

I didn't want to admit how many times I've splashed the little sumbitch trying scoop water

And that friggin gull has killed me twice but once I get water the fire is a done deal!!!!!

Jim

About the same game isn't it?

Offline Firegirl

• Cockerel
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2006, 01:37:03 AM »
WOW! I really Suck at that game!
If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet you could shoot beer out of you nose.  --- Jack Handy

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2006, 02:24:43 AM »
I really think this game could be fun with a little more realism and analogue controls like a joystick, maybe even in 3D. With the semi-realistic physics like in the orignal Crimson Skies then such a game would be great, and life-saving as opposed to the opposite as it so popular now a days.

Mike, what game are you talking about and did you find it?

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2006, 04:28:34 AM »
It's a game fireflyr had on an airtanker website. It's almost the same but slightly easier to play. It shows you how much water you have and so on and the plane can't change directions...

the problem is that we're both stricken with CRS and therefore can't remember the details or where to find it again I think...

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2006, 04:59:33 AM »
Ah I see, except what does CRS stand for?

Speaking of airtankers (thanks for the giving me the right name) has anyone of you seen the 747 Super Airtanker? Holy heck, I thought they were kidding until I saw videos of it in action and explanantion about how the entire system works, wow! It also said the classic airtankers are nearing the end of their certification or such so they couldn't be used anymore.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2006, 09:45:58 AM »
Ah, I think I'll have to answer that, because people suffering from CRS usually can't remember! The CRS-syndrome is a rather widespread and little-known disease. It's more common the older people get, but also young people seem to suffer from it more and more. I have observed the first indications of suffering from it myself. Now you're probably wondering what "CRS" stands for... It means "Can't Remember Sh*t"  ;D ;D

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2006, 06:25:06 AM »
My mother calls them "senior moments."
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2006, 04:38:57 PM »
I heard that's what you can call them and get away with from a certain age on...

At my age it's still plain "CRS", heh heh  ;)

fireflyr

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2006, 05:52:18 PM »
A variation of "CRS" is "CRI" or Cranial, Rectal, Inversion.   This can be used to explain why you've landed on the wrong runway or landed gear up among other things--I have only heard of it having NEVER made a mistake myself!!!!!!!!!! ::) ::)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2006, 02:43:20 AM »
Hahaha good ones! About the gear-up landing then I remember the line: "What's the first thing you do after a gear-up landing: Put the lever in Down-position" :D

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2006, 03:40:59 PM »
By the way... I have a book on how to train  your memory in five easy lessons.....

.... hmm.... now if I can only remember where I put it!!!   ;D
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2006, 03:43:27 PM »
Hahaha good ones! About the gear-up landing then I remember the line: "What's the first thing you do after a gear-up landing: Put the lever in Down-position" :D

Frank

heheh.... yeah... that trick works great... until the NTSB report comes out... then it's "woops"!

In the Air Force there is a saying about such things.... they call them "Atta-boys!".  The formula works thusly: 3 "Atta-boys" = 1 "Oh Sh*t!"
 |:)\ ;D
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2006, 12:27:50 PM »
LOL

Btw about rescue flying then a more simulator-style 3D game with firefighting could be fantastic fun I think, and a lot better than playing fighterpilot and blowing people up. There's been a series of helicopter rescue games for the pc called Search and Rescue where you fly types of rescue helicopters in missions, quite fun actually, and the helicopters are easier to control than in MSFS that's for sure even thought there are all the controls and hoover-boost, engine rpm management etc.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2008, 02:41:16 PM »
i must have a thing with trees and planes each time i turn for another pass i keep on hitting the  trees  ::thinking::
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"