Author Topic: "Ladies! Start your engines!!"  (Read 11361 times)

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
"Ladies! Start your engines!!"
« on: February 16, 2008, 11:25:38 PM »
Continue the tradition of Women's Air Racing!! 

The 2008 Race will start in Bozeman, Montana, and end in Mansfield, Massachusettes.

More details are available at www.airraceclassic.org

8)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Re: "Ladies! Start your engines!!"
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 11:32:51 PM »
As the Late, Great, Will Rogers once quipped;  The Powder Puff Derby!

Ya gotta love it!   ::bow::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 11:35:23 PM »
I see that the route takes them through Aberdeen, South Dakota.  I used to live there, and I flew charter there for years.  About five years ago, the Marion Jayne Air Race went through ABR, and my employer was a sponsor.  I spent the entire day listening to CTAF and time stamping racers' cards as they flew overhead on the timed race course.  Was a fun time.

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 11:50:13 PM »
if they have to fly to aberdeen they will need long range tanks a long way from there to here lol
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 01:42:56 AM »
Lol Ian.  There are three cities in the USA I know of offhand that are named after Aberdeen Scotland.  Those are Aberdeen Maryland, Aberdeen Mississippi, and Aberdeen South Dakota.  There may be more, but I am too lazy to do the research.

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 03:26:33 AM »
and there are at least a half dozen Perth's scattered around the world as well  ::bow::
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 04:13:01 AM »
I see that the route takes them through Aberdeen, South Dakota. 

This was my lunch stop in Aberdeen, SD, when I was doing the powerlines in December.. The airport was on the other side of the road, but there was no courtesy car, so we took our own transport.. ::whistle:: ::whistle::

« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 04:15:41 AM by G-man »
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 04:46:09 AM »
G-Man, I can see that nothing has changed since I left there 3 years ago.  Did you meet Ron in person?  He is an old acquaintance of mine.  I used to get box lunches from him for my charters.  Ron used to have his restaurant on the airport across the street, but when they built the new Airline terminal, the powers that be shut him out.  Typical local politics..   ::complaining: ::complaining: ::complaining: ::banghead:: ::banghead:: ::banghead::

You should have gotten fuel at Aberdeen Flying Service, at the Texaco sign.  Mark Caven would have been more than happy to loan you a car.  Why don't you ask me about this stuff in advance?   ::unbelieveable::

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 05:07:28 AM »
G-Man, I can see that nothing has changed since I left there 3 years ago.  Did you meet Ron in person?  He is an old acquaintance of mine.  I used to get box lunches from him for my charters.  Ron used to have his restaurant on the airport across the street, but when they built the new Airline terminal, the powers that be shut him out.  Typical local politics..   ::complaining: ::complaining: ::complaining: ::banghead:: ::banghead:: ::banghead::

You should have gotten fuel at Aberdeen Flying Service, at the Texaco sign.  Mark Caven would have been more than happy to loan you a car.  Why don't you ask me about this stuff in advance?   ::unbelieveable::

Thats what the line rider said that the restaurant used to be on the airport. Typical politics huh..

Yep, they said that the car was loaned out right before we got there..otherwise we could have used it..next time..
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 09:23:52 PM »
Continue the tradition of Women's Air Racing!! 

The 2008 Race will start in Bozeman, Montana, and end in Mansfield, Massachusettes.

More details are available at www.airraceclassic.org

8)

'Mom FIRE UP THAT MINVAN and line up on the starting grid!!!!  Woo Hoo that sound like F U N!!!!! |:)\

Maybe they should change it to Mansfield here in Brisbane...then we could clean up a few Crownies  ::whistle:: ::drinking:: :D ::rofl::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 04:05:21 AM »
 ;D  Yeehaw!!  You bet, here she comes.....  uh...  yeah..  I think I hear an airplane coming...  hey do YOU see one?!?   ::silly::

It'd be fun..  I never have done any racing (if you don't count trying to beat cells' downdrafts to the runway  ::eek::)...  a couple 99s I know said their last air race was in a Husky...  they must have had 95 years or so of flying experience between them, and they said it was a TOTAL BLAST....   ::bow::

Maybe some day we can try it out!!!   :D
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 04:07:58 AM »
Sounds like fun, and unlike with cars then there aren't the same speed limits and not the same dangers (I think). Do you need a helper, or a support-plane? :D

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 01:20:24 PM »
Eh, racing, with Minivan... uhm...

maybe you could try to fly in reverse? ::)
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 04:30:55 PM »
lol even my model trainer can go faster than the minivan want to race that

airtac

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 07:32:37 PM »
Hey Mom,
You could install ferry tank, porta potty, kitchen, bed, washer, and a treadmill, then you could go non-stop----wouldn't be the fastest but it certainly would be the coolest ::)