Author Topic: Alaska Flying  (Read 6468 times)

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
Alaska Flying
« on: February 10, 2008, 07:39:02 AM »
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
Re: Alaska Flying
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 10:53:42 AM »
Wow, Have I had the money, I would just go and make my CPL or ATPL and apply at Frontier...

No woner my L200 video did not appeal to you.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 01:16:59 PM »
I'm a little confused, did you post/film this or were you the one saying their jobs would be at risk, which I took to mean some of the flying shown was dangerous/illegal?

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 03:07:26 PM »
I'm a little confused, did you post/film this or were you the one saying their jobs would be at risk, which I took to mean some of the flying shown was dangerous/illegal?

Frank

I didn't film this and I don't know who did.    I think it is a cool video though...   

If company knew who did this I don't believe they'd be too happy...  while many of the shots are obviously from the back of a cargo plane, a number of shots are filmed from the right seat.  It's bad form (and against SOP) for the non flying pilot on a given leg to be doing anything during a critical phase of flight that isn't directly related to that flight.

Some of the low level stuff they were doing looks really low level, but you can't prove anything with the video becuase it's so hard to judge height and distance.   I don't believe they really did anything that was specifically dangerous as far as how they were flying, although the FAA doesn't really care for this type of filming in general anyway.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 03:12:55 PM by Baradium »

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 03:13:16 PM »
This video has been removed by the user :(
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 03:21:32 PM »

Must've thought better of putting it up.  Guess I should have left the window open last night...   ::whistle::

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 03:29:01 PM »

Must've thought better of putting it up.  Guess I should have left the window open last night...   ::whistle::
What does that mean? And was it you that commented to the video with Fabo right under?

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 03:31:40 PM »

What does that mean? And was it you that commented to the video with Fabo right under?

Frank

I meant whoever posted it must have decided it was a bad idea to have publicly viewable on the internet... 

Were there comments to the video itself?

I didn't post anything on the youtube site.  Was there a comment there that you're talking about?   If so I'm interested in what you saw as I didn't ready any...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 03:33:23 PM by Baradium »

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 03:41:22 PM »
When I saw the video last night, there'd been two comments just a couple of hours earlier. The main one said something like that the people would be in a big trouble if their identity was discovered, and that the poster thought he/she could recognize the route in the video. The profile read: Anchorage, age 23. In response to that someone named Fabo0315 I think, Slovakia age 17 with a FS9 video, posted: Why?

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 07:45:40 PM »
When I saw the video last night, there'd been two comments just a couple of hours earlier. The main one said something like that the people would be in a big trouble if their identity was discovered, and that the poster thought he/she could recognize the route in the video. The profile read: Anchorage, age 23. In response to that someone named Fabo0315 I think, Slovakia age 17 with a FS9 video, posted: Why?

Frank

I didn't catch those comments and didn't post either one.    I can, however, say that I recognized the routes and the airports in the video.   

airtac

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 11:34:45 PM »

Frank

I didn't catch those comments and didn't post either one.    I can, however, say that I recognized the routes and the airports in the video.   
IMAGINE THAT ::unbelieveable::