Author Topic: No ice  (Read 6293 times)

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
No ice
« on: February 05, 2008, 04:04:19 PM »
ok thats not fair even chuck is getting more snow than i am. Everyone keeps on stealing my snow!!
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Ralph432

Re: No ice
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 11:45:16 PM »
This week's strip was one of the funniest in a long time. I was really taken by surprise when I got to the last panel. ::rofl::

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 04:18:59 AM »
This week's strip was one of the funniest in a long time. I was really taken by surprise when I got to the last panel. ::rofl::

thanks for the kudos buddy!!

That's the stuff we love to hear. We really like this one too!!

Welcome to the coop, btw!

::wave::
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 06:40:57 AM »
Mike,

Us fixed-wing pilots NEVER mention ice!!!!!!  Let alone Snow!   ::eek:: ::unbelieveable::

This kind of crap we deal with, but do not mention except amonst us of  the broken-icycle brotherhood.  :-X    ::bow::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 09:36:45 PM »
Mike,

Us fixed-wing pilots NEVER mention ice!!!!!!  Let alone Snow!   ::eek:: ::unbelieveable::

This kind of crap we deal with, but do not mention except amonst us of  the broken-icycle brotherhood.  :-X    ::bow::

hehehe...
One of our graduates who is working for an aerial maping company just called here and said on a trip down to TN that he picked up ice (in a 172). I think it was his first time picking up any ice and it rattled him a bit. :)
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 01:10:30 AM »
Ugh! We just got another 18 + inches of white powdery precipitation here.... I'm ready for spring! My dogs can almost walk over the five foot fence in my back yard, the snow is so deep. The top of the picnic table in the back yard is flush with the top of the snow. ::complaining: I got my car stuck twice today and had to get pulled out with a chain both times!! Once in my driveway and once in my girlfriends driveway.

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

airtac

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 05:45:55 AM »
Ugh! We just got another 18 + inches of white powdery precipitation here.... I'm ready for spring! My dogs can almost walk over the five foot fence in my back yard, the snow is so deep. The top of the picnic table in the back yard is flush with the top of the snow. ::complaining: I got my car stuck twice today and had to get pulled out with a chain both times!! Once in my driveway and once in my girlfriends driveway.

Brian
And how does your wife feel about that?  >:D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 06:59:04 PM by airtac »

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 07:39:50 AM »

Brian
And how does your wife feel about that? >:D

>:D >:DHA I LIKE AIRTAC!!!!
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 06:21:04 PM »

Brian
And how does your wife feel about that? >:D

HA HA!!

you didn't call the wife to pull you out of your girlfriends driveway, did you?!  . . . .  AWKWARD !!!  ::rofl::
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2008, 12:10:29 AM »
Mike, if I didn't know better.....  I'd think you were using the Minivan for this week's strip!!    ;)     ::thinking::

I identify with Chuck!!!!!!  (In more ways than one, I know, I know.....)......   ;D

::bow::
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 04:12:10 AM »
HAHAHAHA, ok that was so funny! Couldn't you just hear that call to tower? "Uhm tower we got a snow problem." "Yes that's right, snow not ice."  ::rofl::

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 07:06:42 AM »
Hmmm...last time I pulled the Tundra Toy into the hangar I had to spend the next 2 hours squeege'ing water to the floor drain.  There was 3/4" of ice on the entire airframe from a freak rain this winter.

So, Yes, I can definitly relate to Chuck on this one.  Great Strip guys!

Phil

airtac

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 07:09:09 PM »
Hmmm...last time I pulled the Tundra Toy into the hangar I had to spend the next 2 hours squeege'ing water to the floor drain.  There was 3/4" of ice on the entire airframe from a freak rain this winter.

So, Yes, I can definitly relate to Chuck on this one.  Great Strip guys!

Phil
YIKES!  She must have wieghed a ton ::eek::

Offline tundra_flier

• Alpha Rooster
  • It's not an old plane, it's a classic!
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008, 08:42:15 PM »
yeah, I had to get a couple friends to help me push it back into the hangar.  There was a couple inches of snow on it when it started raining.  Ugly.

Phil