Author Topic: Gonna get my Commercial license!  (Read 6863 times)

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
Gonna get my Commercial license!
« on: February 05, 2008, 01:29:55 AM »
 ;D I just met with my instructor (the designated pilot examiner on staff) and discussed what I have to finish up for my commercial license. I'm actually really close. I have almost all the requirements met. Now, just have to study for the written and polish up my flying skills. I have to talk to my boss about the financial part too... Since I'm full time staff at our flight school, I think I'll get free instruction and free use of our flight sims :) :) Can't wait to get started!!!!
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Gonna get my Commercial license!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 03:09:06 AM »
RIGHT ON !!!

You go, girl!!  |:)\ ;D

I once told my instructor I was thinking to polish up my flying skills . . . .

. . .  he told me my skills were Polish enough !!! HA HA HA
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 08:56:15 PM »
Goon on ya (as aussies say), best wishes and remember, have some fun ::wave::

Frank

P.S. Thanks for the pm, I'm about to update the thread about my mom's situation after this.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 12:08:28 AM »
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT news!!  Very glad to hear it!!!    |:)\     ::bow::

By the way, are you a 99???   If not, you SHOULD be -- they are an awesome group!!    ::wave::

8)   
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 03:51:33 AM »
Goon on ya (as aussies say), best wishes and remember, have some fun ::wave::

Frank

Actually Franklin we say " ;) ONYA MATE!!!! ;) " (don't forget the winks) ;D

PIPERGIRL thats awesome!!!!   |:)\ |:)\ good luck with it all!!!!!!  I can't wait to start my CLP...soon soon  ::whistle::

'MOM wazza 99???  ??? ::thinking::
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 04:01:54 AM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 04:23:49 AM »
Hey mate!!   ::drinking::

The Ninety-Nines are the international organization of women pilots......  by far some of the most amazing pilots I have ever met!!!

When I was in your beautiful land, I was honored to meet two of the Australian group -- they invited me to a lovely dinner and showed me a bunch of Aboriginal art....  still one of the most cherished memories I have.....

www.ninety-nines.org 

Check them out!  Right here in Idaho, we have a woman who flies the A-10, two B-747 Captains, many private and instrument women pilots, CFIs, backcountry pilots, corporate pilots, an author who also was one of the first NASA astronaut candidates (BEFORE they chose men...), and an enterprising woman who was so exhausted from herding cattle on their thousands and thousands of acres of ranchland, that she got her helicopter rating and now herds cattle with her pretty little bright-yellow helicopter named Woodstock!  (After the Peanuts comic strip)..... 

My hat is off to all of them......      they keep me inspired!!     ::bow::

airtac

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 04:19:46 PM »
Was a co-pilot once for a 99 member before she went with the airlines--she was a smooth stick---I'll second the hats off |:)\

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 04:05:51 PM »
Hey mate!!   ::drinking::

The Ninety-Nines are the international organization of women pilots......  by far some of the most amazing pilots I have ever met!!!

When I was in your beautiful land, I was honored to meet two of the Australian group -- they invited me to a lovely dinner and showed me a bunch of Aboriginal art....  still one of the most cherished memories I have.....

Unfortunately, there's not a group close by, but I have met several 99s and WOW, they have some good stories! I hope someday that I'll live near a good group!
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 10:23:50 PM »
Hey PiperGirl, PM me your address and I'll find you the nearest Chapter!   :)

I'm not a "joiner" kind of person at all, but the coolest woman I knew who flew, came up to me many, many years ago and thrust the membership form at me and ordered "DO this!"   :o

I had never HEARD of the 99s, had NO idea there was such a thing, etc., etc.  But -- I admired this woman so much that I just DID it, and wow, was it hard to cough up the $35 or whatever it was to join back then.  I have been EVER grateful that she told me to join.....    ::bow::

She went on to retire as an overseas 747 Captain, and to this day she is just as hilarious (and COOL) as she was when I met her.   |:)\ 

There's also an "Ambassador Chapter" for at-large members...  it's active and strong and made up of many women who fly constantly and aren't really in one place for very long!   :D

PLEASE consider joining...  the 99s do so many good aviation activities PLUS you get to meet some incredible people!!  And, you can join wherever you want...  we have Idaho members who live in Oregon, California, Nevada and Montana!   :D

Cheers!!  The Ole Pusher-S'Mom****   ;)

airtac

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 11:26:58 PM »
Howcome I can't join?
I'm a person and a pilot just like you, with just one small difference,-----------------------well I don't exactly mean sm...  uh,er, OH NEVER MIND!!!   ::complaining:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 11:29:42 PM by airtac »

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 12:18:21 AM »
WAAAAAAA  HAAAAAAAAAA, oh Daddy!!!   ::rofl::   ::rofl::

What on earth are we going to DO with you?!?!?!   ::whistle::

(Actually, the "better halves" are known as "49 1/2-ers"...  seriously.....  as in "I want you to meet my 49 1/2-er, Ralph." 

Which is why I always go to the events alone....  I can't handle the math!)   ::rofl::

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 03:52:47 AM »
The 99's also do a cross country air race every year. Burlington VT was a checkpoint last year. All day planes (mostly Mooney's, Cirrus's, & Bonanza's... gotta have something fast to race with) made a high speed pass down runway 1 to pass the checkpoint then landed for the night. My shop got 3 planes to fix due to mechanical problems (all Mooney's... go figure) but we got the ladies fixed and ready to go for the next stage by morning.

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 06:22:13 PM »
Howcome I can't join?
I'm a person and a pilot just like you, with just one small difference,-----------------------well I don't exactly mean sm...  uh,er, OH NEVER MIND!!!   ::complaining:

I'd be careful what you wish for.

These women are probably hardcore, all ganging up on you and stuff.  ::whistle::
They'll chew you up and spit you out AND make you cry . . .
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 08:36:15 PM »

Very tough to find one that will swallow instead of spi...  Oh nevermind.    :-X:: ::whistle::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 10:37:50 PM »
Very tough to find one that will swallow instead of spi...  Oh nevermind.    :-X:: ::whistle::
R/C i have NOOOO idea what your are getting at  ;D >:D LOL!!!

Mom
Hey mate!!   ::drinking::
When I was in your beautiful land, I was honored to meet two of the Australian group

Thanks for that i looked over their site, KEWL STUFF  |:)\
YEWWWwwwwwwwww