Author Topic: Maui!  (Read 18303 times)

Offline FlyingBlind

• Cockerel
  • What goes up, must come down
Re: Maui!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2006, 08:46:28 PM »
Maui....goddamn lucky man :D
I got shipped to Iraq and you shipped yourself to a nice and quiet place with many many gorgeous half-nekkid girls....you lucky dog, i envy you :D

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2006, 08:54:31 PM »
Mike where did you stay== I'm looking at December vacation to Maui

Jim

I am at the Hyatt in Lahaina. I can highly recommend it if you want to be pampered although it's kind of pricey. I would however stay in Lahaina no matter which hotel you go for. There is so much to do and you can run into town from here. The beaches on the south side are not as easy to get to and you have to drive everywhere....
I'll give you more info soon, ok?!
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

fireflyr

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2006, 11:33:53 PM »
Mike where did you stay== I'm looking at December vacation to Maui

Jim

I am at the Hyatt in Lahaina. I can highly recommend it if you want to be pampered although it's kind of pricey.
Pricey?  Hmmpff---it's a second honeymoon trip with my wife (of course) so pricey means it's a prerequisite-you shouldknow that about women.

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2006, 02:17:54 PM »

Pricey?  Hmmpff---it's a second honeymoon trip with my wife (of course) ....

I suggest you have a good time on this one and leave the wife at home... ;D ;D ;D
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

Offline FlyingBlind

• Cockerel
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2006, 07:44:46 PM »
Indeed mate :)

fireflyr

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2006, 09:45:59 PM »
Gee, why didn't I think of that!!!!   ???

I'll tell you why----She's an Orthopedic Surgical Assistant which simply means she makes enough money that I can fly for a living (almost an oxymoron) and take 9 months off and play house daddy------thay's why.   8)

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2006, 08:55:32 PM »
If that's the case, then do take her to the Hyatt!!
It's great. You have three restaurants there and many more within walking distance. A drive to Lahaina (with more stuff to check out and fancy dining, it's a dreamy little town that used to be an old Whalers harbor) is only 5 min away. The hotel feels nice and not crowded even if it's full and it looks awesome at night. Get a room with ocean view, and make sure it's not one with few of the pool and too close to it (i.e. first 3 floors).
I can really recommend it!
My woman loved it!!

Another nice one is the Fairmont Kai Lea. But it has only one beach which is sort of in a cove and you'd have to drive further into the next town. It's more a golfing sort ot resort I think (that's how it looks like).

fireflyr

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2006, 10:57:17 PM »
 ;D OHMYGOSH, you TOOK a woman with you?

Heck I thought you ate, slept, and breathed helicopters, didn't know you needed anything else out of life!

Seriously though, thanks for the tip.   

We're spending a ton anyway so I want everything to be near perfect.  Who knows, I might get lucky!!! ;)

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
Charles Lindberg
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2006, 05:20:23 AM »
Here are the pictures as promised.
Beautiful place, huh?

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2006, 06:15:10 AM »
I guess I always assumed Lindbergh was born in Little Falls, MN.  I learned something today.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline FlyingBlind

• Cockerel
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2006, 02:20:45 PM »
It is :) it is a very beutiful place..

Offline Firegirl

• Cockerel
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2006, 10:29:30 PM »
Pretty!

Show us more! Is it at the beach?
I love Maui...
If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet you could shoot beer out of you nose.  --- Jack Handy

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2006, 03:16:34 AM »
Pretty!

Show us more! Is it at the beach?
I love Maui...

Actually it IS at the beach. Here is the view from his grave towards the ocean:

fireflyr

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2006, 03:52:33 AM »
Too bad dead people can't see anything----would have been better to bulid a condo on the site,   I don't care where they bury my butt---won't matter, I'll be dead.   
Nice graveyards are so the folks that are still living can enjoy themselves when they come "visit".
My dad was a mortician---all this burial stuff is crap to put money in the undertakers pocket.
Mike, when I croak, if you're around, buy an extra round of drinks instead of sending flowers--at least you'll have a hangover to associate with my memory and that's enough revenge to make me happy in the "hereafter"!

The "experienced aviator"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2006, 04:39:02 AM »
Excellent point Jim!!
I feel the same way! I don't care what happens after I go and you bet I am gonna pay for an extra round for you rather than flowers!!!

The way the story goes is that he did build a house in Kipahulu, Maui and lived there for the last 6 years of his life. He eventually got some cancer (lymphosarcoma?? or something) and went to New York for treatments. Things weren't looking good and he only had a short time to live when he went back to Hawaii claiming "I would rather spend two days alive in Maui than two months alive here in New York!" (an excellent point I might add). So they flew him back there on a stretcher. I heared he even designed his own coffin and "got ready".
I probably should have mentioned that part of the story. I can see myself spend the last couple of my years on an island drinking wine and relaxing....
It proofs he has travelled enough around the world to find himself a good place.