Author Topic: 5 discover that given a long enough runway....  (Read 2874 times)

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
5 discover that given a long enough runway....
« on: January 26, 2008, 08:28:56 PM »
a  BMW still can't fly very well...

http://www.wftv.com/news/15143775/detail.html

Acccident Near Travolta Property Kills 5

POSTED: 8:38 am EST January 26, 2008

MARION COUNTY, Fla. -- A car traveling at a high rate of speed on an airstrip adjacent to a home owned by John Travolta crashed early Saturday morning, killing the five people inside.

The accident occurred around 4am in the gated Graystone Community, which is located inside the Jumbolair Aviation Estates north of Ocala.

According to a spokesman for the Florida Highway Patrol, a 2008 gray BMW was traveling northbound on the airstrip when the car hit an embankment, flew off the end of the runway and crashed into trees about 200 feet from the end of the airstrip.

The car split in two, then disintegrated, ejecting three of the people.

Positive identification of the victims had not been made by mid Saturday morning, but all five victims were believed to have been in their teens.

Travolta uses the airstrip for his collection of planes, and is even able to taxi up to the back of the home he owns there.

There was no known connection between the actor and the victims.

An investigation was underway Saturday to determine what the car was doing on the strip and what led to the fatal crash.
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: 5 discover that given a long enough runway....
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 06:50:06 AM »
You know what guys?!

After reviewing this thread a few more times and sending numerous PM's back and forth I decided to lock this thread.
There were some really stupid thing said in this thread and I am more than guilty as well. (didn't read it that closely, sorry, but I did later)

This is not a thread worth saving and/or fighting about.

Mostly I am doing this for my old friend Jim

(Thanks Rooster for pointing something very important out to me)

I hope you all understand.  |:)\
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.