Author Topic: I need to buy a tow truck.....  (Read 9947 times)

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
I need to buy a tow truck.....
« on: January 17, 2008, 10:53:44 PM »
To make real money.... ::complaining: Tuesday morning (1 am) I had a little off road excursion with my car. Nothing big, just hit some bumps on an ice covered dirt road on the way home from my girlfriends house. My car swapped ends and I ended up 2 feet off the road in a field facing the direction I had been coming from. 24 years of driving and I've only need a tow truck for a pull out after going off the road, twice (in my own car... ambulances and fire trucks don't count)  ::rofl:: Anyway, after trying to dig my car out for two hours, I conceded defeat.... 35 minutes later a tow truck shows up, hooks the cable to the frame of my car and in less than a minute I'm back on the road... Cost to me??? $70 and that price was with my "discount" since the guy driving the wrecker was a buddy of mine. The discount was the least he could do since he was laughing uncontrollably when he pulled up and saw it was me he had to pull out. I wish I could pull in $70 for less than 5 minutes work. I didn't even get him out of bed... he was already on the road after another call. I got home at 4:30 in the morning ::sleep:: The dogs had me up at 7:30  ::silly:: What a night... I used to be able pull all nighters.... Not anymore

Ohh well, wallet $70 lighter, but I didn't bend the car or me so it's all good ::rofl::

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Re: I need to buy a tow truck.....
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 11:24:33 PM »
Brian, buy a big enough tow truck you can pull out semis.  THAT's where the big money is.  I got stuck twice during my semi driving career.  It cost me about $250 to pull me out each time and that was over 10 years ago.
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 09:38:54 PM »
Brian get a truck with a winch on the front.  ;)
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 03:26:52 AM »
A winch wouldn't have helped much... wasn't a tree, rock etc for 100 yards.. thats why I didn't bend the car... nothing to hit but a snowbank  ::rofl::

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 04:17:43 AM »

Brian, be like a good rancher out here.    ::unbelieveable::

Get a truck with a wench in the front.  She can shovel you out.   :D
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 07:23:31 AM »
A winch wouldn't have helped much... wasn't a tree, rock etc for 100 yards.. thats why I didn't bend the car... nothing to hit but a snowbank  ::rofl::

Brian

That's why you bring anchors with you silly.
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 03:24:35 PM »
Why dont we just subvert the whole winch situation and get a locked up CJ7.  I'm thinking some 38" super swampers, air lockers front and rear, coil suspension.  You'd never be stuck again.  Then after that since you have such a cool muddin rig, you could pick yourself up some wench's!  ::rofl::
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 11:52:18 PM »
Actually a Land Rover Defender 90 with air lockers will just about climb a tree. A buddy of mine had one, we went 'wheelin' all the time, when he first got it he was afraid to ding it so I ended up in more extreme locations with my almost stock Dodge Dakota than he did with the 90. Until he dinged it once.. then the gloves came off and I'd never dare to follow him in some spots... until he got his winch that is ::rofl::

Brian

-

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 01:55:02 AM »
Actually a Land Rover Defender 90 with air lockers will just about climb a tree. A buddy of mine had one, we went 'wheelin' all the time, when he first got it he was afraid to ding it so I ended up in more extreme locations with my almost stock Dodge Dakota than he did with the 90. Until he dinged it once.. then the gloves came off and I'd never dare to follow him in some spots... until he got his winch that is ::rofl::

Brian

Haha, I had a 88 Cherokee.  Welded up the ring gears in the diffs and put some 33" BFG MTA's on it and i went just about every where that the fully done CJ's did.  I was pretty impressed for 10 bucks of welding stuff, and some tired and cheapo lift blocks/spacers.
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 04:53:30 AM »

Hmmmm seems like I got divorced once for calling her a "tasty wench" in public.... Of course it was my first wife and she also took offence when I used to introduce her as "my first wife"...

Not been on for a while---You are too funny---I am the only one that caught this?? ::whistle::

Ya'll need to lighten up people.. ::drinking:: ::drinking::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 08:00:52 AM »
lol my girlfriend used to introduce me as her significant other until one day i got my own back on her when i introduced her as my significant other to a college mate in a super market lol
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

airtac

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 03:32:05 PM »

Hmmmm seems like I got divorced once for calling her a "tasty wench" in public.... Of course it was my first wife and she also took offence when I used to introduce her as "my first wife"...

Not been on for a while---You are too funny---I am the only one that caught this?? ::whistle::

Ya'll need to lighten up people.. ::drinking:: ::drinking::

No Gman, I caught it too but immediatly my mind went to the question of how do you go about "mounting" a wench on the front of a truck, along with various scenarios of cold wet bumpers, etc. etc. etc.---got to the point where I was laughing so hard that I couldn't comment >:D

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 07:22:15 PM »

No Gman, I caught it too but immediatly my mind went to the question of how do you go about "mounting" a wench on the front of a truck, along with various scenarios of cold wet bumpers, etc. etc. etc.---got to the point where I was laughing so hard that I couldn't comment >:D

Should be pretty easy to mount er, thats why we have those massive CB antennas......

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 10:48:10 PM »
Brings a whole new meaning to "foreplay"-----"Get in the truck wench"..
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 04:04:23 AM »
Good on you, G-Man!  I figured I must have offended everyone else...  Hmmmm....   ::whistle::   :D
Don't make me come back there!!!!