Author Topic: This makes me sick: ATC killer now celebrated hero in goverment  (Read 4209 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
This makes me sick: ATC killer now celebrated hero in goverment
« on: January 14, 2008, 08:13:46 AM »
Rant on.

The man that lost his family when two aircraft collided after getting incorrect information and the seeked out the danish ATC in Switzerland that made the error and then stabbed the man in front of his wife and children is now celebrated as a hero and has recieved hundreds of job offers in his republic in Russia and was celebrated as a real human by Putin's youth-party. He now has a position as a minister in the local goverment which he says is a dream job. Where he comes from bloodoaths are appearently big and his murder sentence was reduced to nearly half of the original.

The ATC made a mistake that cost 71 lives but murdering him in front of his family and then get recieved as a hero and get a position in goverment that makes me sick!!!!

Rant off.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline leiafee

• Cockerel
    • "Lets go flying": Scribblings of a novice PPL
Re: This makes me sick: ATC killer now celebrated hero in goverment
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 06:35:05 PM »
The ATC made a mistake that cost 71 lives but murdering him in front of his family and then get recieved as a hero and get a position in goverment that makes me sick!!!!

Some would argue that the pilot who failed to follow the TCAS was the one who made the more lethal mistake...

But like any accident it was a string of causes.

That a murderer (for any reason) is excused is just wrong.  That he could hold a govengovernment position says an awful lot about that governmental system.

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 04:43:10 PM »
why should he be a celebrated hero when he intentionly went out and killed some one while for the controller it was a tragic accident, 
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 06:07:20 PM »
Did this happen in the Russian Federation?  I hadn't heard about it.  Doesn't surprise me though.  Russian politics is a very strange animal, and I keep out of all politics in my wife's homeland.
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 09:33:29 PM »
I went thru Bashkortostan web, and he is not listed as a minister... only to find out he was not Bashkir ::banghead::

Anyway, last new Ossets give after search of Виталий Калоев is his release.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 02:14:43 AM »
The news listed that where he came from then he restored the family honour by killing who he held responsible for killing his family and a lot of people from his area appearently feel the same way. It was listed in at least two different scandinavian news-sources so I doubt it's made up.

One reply at the danish pilot forum did mention something about always having to obay TCAS I think it was so maybe the controller wasn't at full fault, not sure, I just know he got killed in front of his wife and children and now the murderer is a minister in goverment and recieved as a hero. I think the republic was called New Ossetia or something like that, but it said a representative of Putin's youth-party recieved him as a hero in an airport in Moscow.

Roost: The ATC was murdered in front of his home in Switzerland so no, not in Russia.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 03:05:43 AM »
North Ossetia is in the Caucasus mountain region of southern Russia.  It borders Georgia to the south and Chechnya to the east.  South Ossetia is a region within Georgia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Ossetia-Alania

It is my understanding that the people of the Caucasus be they Christian or Muslim firmly believe in vengence killings to defend their honor.  This kind of mindset is in line with a very feudal society, which is apparently the case from what I understand of the region.  We consider it despicable and deplorable, yet it is normal to them.

Sure makes me glad I don't have to travel there!
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 02:59:39 PM »
Frank: thing is, TCAS did the very reverse command than ATC, and while DHL 757 went descend by TCAS, the Bashkirs rather took the ATC order. So they both pushed it down. It has been an ICAO safety standart to do TCAS resolutions ever since.

R/C: Just out of curiosity, where is your wife from, and have you been there yet?

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 09:28:20 PM »
Frank: thing is, TCAS did the very reverse command than ATC, and while DHL 757 went descend by TCAS, the Bashkirs rather took the ATC order. So they both pushed it down. It has been an ICAO safety standart to do TCAS resolutions ever since.

R/C: Just out of curiosity, where is your wife from, and have you been there yet?

It's always been the standard to do TCAS resolutions when given.   It's just that some crews apparent'y weren't being appropriately trained and it has been more highly publicized since this incident.
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"