Author Topic: data fussion  (Read 4876 times)

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
data fussion
« on: January 07, 2008, 09:50:16 PM »
does any one know about data fussion? PLEASE HELP!!
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
Re: data fussion
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 01:06:38 AM »

Google did:

Data Fusion is the process of combining multiple data in order to produce information of tactical value to the user. Data can come from one or many sources. Sources may be similar, such as radars, or dissimilar, such as electro-optic, acoustic, or passive electronic emissions measurement. A key issue is the ability to deal with conflicting data, producing interim results that the algorithm can revise as more data becomes available.
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 02:05:00 AM »

Google did:

Data Fusion is the process of combining multiple data in order to produce information of tactical value to the user. Data can come from one or many sources. Sources may be similar, such as radars, or dissimilar, such as electro-optic, acoustic, or passive electronic emissions measurement. A key issue is the ability to deal with conflicting data, producing interim results that the algorithm can revise as more data becomes available.

Uh, can you re-phrase that in a way that a stupid old truck driver can understand it???   ::loony:: ::loony:: ::loony::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 02:52:56 AM »
Uh, can you re-phrase that in a way that a stupid old truck driver can understand it???   ::loony:: ::loony:: ::loony::

What I take that as, and I may be wrong, is something akin to the F-35 HUD system.  Within the helmet of the pilot, you get all kinds of information, targeting data, radar tracks, missile commands, etc, the pilot works in a virtual cockpit within the actual cockpit.  He can reach out and touch things in cyberspace and actually activate systems without touching a 'real' handle or knob.  Its some really neat stuff.  And what I think they are talking about the key issue with conflicting data would be something like the computer trying to decided for the pilot what information to display so he isn't overloaded, as there is only so much a human can handle.

I know the last time I read stuff about it, they were having some issues with the UI.  Anyone else have any other ideas?
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 07:31:14 AM »
the stuff i was reading about came from NASA (i dont like those guys now) and it talking about engines even found information about it on the c-17 but i still dont understand it thats why i asked for some help
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"