Author Topic: Snowblower....  (Read 6456 times)

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
Snowblower....
« on: December 25, 2007, 02:35:28 PM »
 ::eek:: ::eek:: ::eek:: ::eek::

Damn, Reminds me of the big storm last Valentines day, Had 3 feet of snow on the ramp! But all I bent was the picnic table in back of the hangar when I hit it with the snowplow.....

Also reminds me of what I was doing at work yesterday.... Chewing through a snowbank with our new Honda Snowblower to make room for water to drain away from the building. Water got in and soaked the carpet in the confrence room ::banghead::
« Last Edit: December 25, 2007, 02:37:34 PM by BrianGMFS »

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: Snowblower....
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 04:23:57 PM »
3 feet of snow, wow! You can only see that in DK up towards a building or such, not all over.
The part about the snowblower does remind me of a question I've often thought, how often does one hit something unexpected with a snowblower?

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2007, 05:59:43 PM »
i tell you one thing as a trainee airframe end enginge bloke im not fixing that lol
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Louis

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 12:34:05 AM »
I am *so* showing this at work (flight school) once the holidays are over! There was talk of getting a snowblower after receiving about 1 meter of snow in the last three weeks...

Merry Christmas everyone,

Louis

Edit: wrong amount of snow. (Had written 2 meters!) 1 meter is still a lot to shovel your car/plane out of...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 02:24:31 AM by Louis »

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 12:46:42 AM »
Wow, where are you?!?  That is a lot of snow!   ::bow::
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Louis

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 02:22:01 AM »
I'm in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and I'm a flight instructor for a school that operates out of both St-Hubert (CYHU) and St-Jean (CYJN). It is indeed a lot of snow, and I recall hearing that the city of Montreal usually plans (and budgets) for a total of about 2 meters of snow removal for the whole winter. We've had half of that in three weeks... (Unfortunately, I haven't taken any pictures at the airport lately, or I would have posted them here)

Goodbye,

Louis

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 02:42:05 AM »
I'm in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and I'm a flight instructor for a school that operates out of both St-Hubert (CYHU) and St-Jean (CYJN). It is indeed a lot of snow, and I recall hearing that the city of Montreal usually plans (and budgets) for a total of about 2 meters of snow removal for the whole winter. We've had half of that in three weeks... (Unfortunately, I haven't taken any pictures at the airport lately, or I would have posted them here)

Goodbye,

Louis

Hey Louis..... I'm just down the road at Burlington International in VT. I work for Heritage Flight which shares Ramp space with Customs... If you do any international stuff with your students.... wave at the big guy with the funny orange wands  ::rofl:: Also, Soccer Mom Grew up just across the PQ border in VT (Highgate) as well, Howdy Neighbor  ::wave::

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 03:55:38 AM »
Yeah, snowblowers on the ramp does bring back memories.  Makes me wonder why I am considering moving back to a place where they get snow in the winter!   ::unbelieveable:: ::loony:: ::eek::
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 07:10:10 AM by Rooster Cruiser »
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 04:18:50 AM »
Allo, Louis! 

Brian is right, we are all neighbors (though I am a bit lost these last years).  Ah, we made many a run to St. Jean and P-burg (just over the line) to carry on and be stupid when we were young.  Alas, now I am just old and stupid.   :D

I hope if you make it in to Brian's ramp, you will take a picture to share with all of us on the forum here.   :)

Joyeux Noel and all that, The Soccer Mom   8)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline The Dancing Bear

• Fledgling
  • DammifIknow where we're going!"
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 03:46:14 PM »
That is SOME snowblower ya got there, kids.Looks kinda like the current Toyota sale commercial .

When I was at GFAFB some of the line guys would toss quart cans of 5606 hyd fluid into the snow ahead of the Oskosh blowers they used to clear the ramp with. The blower would "eat" the can & spray red fluid out the chute,then the drivers would slam on the brakes and have to look for the "victim". The guys thought it was real funny.....'till the safety guys showed what's left when a "blower" ate an airman that they couldn't see. I went to the latrine & emptied my guts , along with most of the rest of the squadron.That crap stopped instantly. 
A&P / IA. by profession, Parrothead by choice.

Offline Yuppie01

• Fledgling
  • He who laughs last...didn't get the joke.
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2007, 05:29:46 PM »
I hope Chuck has his "taildragger" endorsement after that one.

Happy Holiday's guys and I look forward to more in '08.

-Yuppie
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Offline Louis

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 07:10:21 PM »
Brian and The Soccer Mom: I haven't crossed the border as a flight crew member yet, but I'll keep that info in mind if I happen to be in Burlington!

In case I don't post here until then, Happy New Year everyone,

Louis

Offline PittsFlyer

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2007, 12:28:37 PM »
The awesomest strip since long  ::rofl::

Happy New Year to all!

Michael  8)

airtac

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2007, 02:36:37 PM »
Now, THAT'S funny ::rofl::

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2011, 06:10:50 PM »
Glad you fellas published this one again!  It is definitely one of my favorites!   ::bow::

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall