Author Topic: Hundred dollar hamburger  (Read 15410 times)

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
Re: Hundred dollar hamburger
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2007, 04:27:15 AM »
Yee-e-e-sss.....  I was THINKING that, when I saw the cow.  Well done, young man, you know those vibrations can be pretty important!  (That's what she said too.....).....   ;D

Glad you're staying warm!!  I'm sure DoE appreciates you.....   ;)

Nothing like a good "vibration"--does the body good..  ::whistle:: ::whistle::

As for the "young man"--you've met the other pilots I work with huh.. It inspired me to comment on the age 60 thread..  ::whistle:: ::whistle::

Any ways--more pics of the "cow"

And of course the ONLY way to arrive for lunch..

Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2007, 04:31:41 AM »
Well G-Man, out in Western ND I know the owners of the FBO's at DIK and ISN.  Both are good friends of mine.  The ISN fella was actually my best man at my wedding.  I still trade emails with the head of the State Aeronautics commision who has an office at the BIS airport city FBO office.  I am well familiar with the Cow, since I used to fly over it in a C402 pretty often while flying UPS freight from BIS to DIK.  I have driven past it and the ducks in flight.

If you have to overnight at DIK or ISN, tell them you know a certain former truck driver that used to fly up yonder and see if they'll buy you a beer!   ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking::

You are kidding me right--I stopped for Jet A at BOTH places on Wednesday and at DIK twice today..

Fuel stop @ DIK

« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 04:34:04 AM by G-man »
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

airtac

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2007, 04:34:01 AM »
Oh, I'm so glad you posted The Cow...  I don't know how many times I have driven by that thing....

Stay warm!!!   ::drinking::   ::drinking::

Trying to stay warm.. I landed by the "cow" and kicked out my "line rider" with camera to get that shot..  ::whistle:: ::whistle:: Luckily no-one was in the parking lot..  ::whistle:: ::whistle::  Or should I say--"I made a "precautionary landing" due to an unexplained vibration, dropped off my passenger, and then conducted a flight test to determine the cause of said vibration. Once I deemed the vibration had gone, and the aircraft was again in good flying condition, I picked up my passenger--who happened to have taken some pictures".  ::whistle:: ::whistle::
Helicopter pilots are such feckless bastards ::bow::

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2007, 04:39:12 AM »
Helicopter pilots are such feckless bastards ::bow::

Ahhh yes indeedy..

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2007, 06:12:35 AM »
Well G-Man, out in Western ND I know the owners of the FBO's at DIK and ISN.  Both are good friends of mine.  The ISN fella was actually my best man at my wedding.  I still trade emails with the head of the State Aeronautics commision who has an office at the BIS airport city FBO office.  I am well familiar with the Cow, since I used to fly over it in a C402 pretty often while flying UPS freight from BIS to DIK.  I have driven past it and the ducks in flight.

If you have to overnight at DIK or ISN, tell them you know a certain former truck driver that used to fly up yonder and see if they'll buy you a beer!   ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking::

You are kidding me right--I stopped for Jet A at BOTH places on Wednesday and at DIK twice today..

Fuel stop @ DIK

I ain't Joking.  Pat Giese is at DIK and Erik Anderson runs ISN.  Erik may have been out of the office on a charter though, he gets pretty busy during the week.   Ain't this a small world???  ;) ;D ::cowboy::
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 06:17:00 AM by Rooster Cruiser »
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2007, 03:45:57 AM »
 ::unbelieveable::  I can't believe Timothy is still wearing his flip-flops in this weather  ::unbelieveable::

Man, he's hardcore !!
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

airtac

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2007, 04:31:28 PM »
::unbelieveable::  I can't believe Timothy is still wearing his flip-flops in this weather  ::unbelieveable::

Man, he's hardcore !!

Sometimes I think you gotta be numb somewhere to fight fires or ride around in airplanes for a living (between the ears too) :o
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 04:33:29 PM by airtac »

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2007, 06:26:44 AM »

Man, he's hardcore !!

Sometimes I think you gotta be numb somewhere to fight fires or ride around in airplanes for a living (between the ears too) :o

If you're operating in North Dakota at this time of year, you are NUMB ALL OVER from your preflight before you even strap in for engine start!   :o(Insert Icicle Smiley here)  ::complaining: ::banghead::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline The Dancing Bear

• Fledgling
  • DammifIknow where we're going!"
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2007, 02:32:31 AM »
Speaking of NUMB all over.....I have a cold weather story for ya' !
When I was at GFAFB, we got put on one of those practice "alerts" one cold February week. An individual from one of the maintenance shops decided he was going to plop hisself down between the wheels of a B-52 to keep out bof the wind. It was WINTER when this intrepid individual did this mind you, at night,on a bare, frozen ,concrete ramp !!( I will admit that he had all of his issued cold weather gear on.) However, when he was missed at roll call ,folks started looking for him pretty fast. He was still sitting there between the wheels ,with his nether parts FROZEN to the ramp !!! It took a LOT of folks to unfreeze the clothes from the ramp & get him to the base hospital. While he didn't lose more than a very small amount of his hide, he WAS busted from a seargeant back down to an airman basic. He was our token peacenik, and got out shortly afterward. He was a nice guy actually. just did something incredibly stupid in the cold . We all got chewed out at the mandatory safety meeting, his screw up & we get reamed out ......it figures. I must admit that there was / may still be ,a 2 man policy for extreme cold weather operations in effect. ( Nobody worked alone in extreme cold weather, because of the very real hazards involved.) 
A&P / IA. by profession, Parrothead by choice.

Offline Panzerrat

• Cockerel
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2007, 01:35:36 PM »
This thread reminds me of the mid 1980s, when one of my friends Father owned a Beech Bonanza (T-tail).  He asked if I wanted to accompany him and his son to Arapahoe Airport (Before they renamed it to Centennial, if I remember correctly), in Littleton, CO.  I had nothing else going, so I did.  We ended up flying the Beech down to Pueblo and eating at the airport diner.  Wasn't a bad hamburger at all, as I recall.  (Ought not to be, considering the price.)  On the way back, my friend, who had ridden in the Beech so often it was boring, crapped out in the back, leaving me with his father up front.  That's when I got my first hour of Bootleg time.  We screwed around in Eastern Colorado, avoiding the Fort Carson range (I could be wrong, this was years ago.), and I did my flat level best to maintain a course and altitude.  Not as easy as I thought it would be.  Still, it was my first $100 hamburger.
"You call this bad? I'll tell you what bad is....Bad is passing test depth at 80 feet per second with a thirty degree down bubble. Compared to that, this is a walk in the park.”