Author Topic: NATIONAL HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 10241 times)

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
NATIONAL HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: December 07, 2007, 01:53:51 AM »
::drinking::    ::drinking::     ::drinking::     ::drinking::     ::drinking::

NOTICE, NOTICE!!

We are rapidly approaching a NATIONAL HOLIDAY in these here parts of North America.....   ::bow::   ::bow::

It's Daddy Airtac's BIRTHDAY tomorrow..  yessiree, folks, the same day the United Sates was "so suddenly and ruthlessly" attacked at Pearl Harbor, the universe did its best to give us something Wonderful as well, and Jim was (also probably "suddenly and ruthlessly") born to the Wonderful Thiessen Family!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jim, we LOVE you!!!!!!!!!!!      :-*

(I'm digging around in the fridge for a fine brewski, to toast to you at this moment!)     ::bow::

All the best wishes to you...
 Hugs, S'Mom*****      :-*
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: NATIONAL HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 02:06:02 AM »
  ::wave::

Happy birthday!  |:)\

Frank
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 02:10:52 AM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 02:26:25 AM »
BEER DOUSING AND STRIPPERS ALL THE WAY ROUND!!!! ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking::

P.S. I also agree with Soccermom. Hugs!! ::loony:: ::loony:: ::loony:: ::loony::
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 02:46:06 AM by FlyboyGil »
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 06:21:33 AM »
Hey, Wow!!!  A great big Happy B-Day to ya, Jim!  |:)\ |:)\ |:)\ |:)\ |:)\

I dunno... Beer might not be enough.  Time to break out the Tequila!  :o ::unbelieveable:: ::eek:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::silly::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

airtac

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 01:41:01 PM »
THANK YOU-THANK YOU |:)\

It's a day of celebration for several reasons here, my 66th birthday, my 21st anniversary (got married on B'day so I won't forget), AND I'm planning on having breakfast with 16 Pearl Harbor survivors.  Their ranks are thinning fast and it's always an honor to hear the stories that are repeated year after year.

It's a happy day indeed--I'll have a drink of anything that happens along in celebration ::drinking::

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 01:50:58 PM »
Happy Birth Day to you Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday TOOOOOO YOUUUUUUUU ;D
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 02:17:44 PM »
Now this is nice age! Enjoy retirement >:D

Hppy bzdai unkl airtac
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 09:13:58 PM »
Time to break out the Tequila!  :o ::unbelieveable:: ::eek:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::silly::

No, no, not the Tequila!
Or, at least, not the ones we have around here.....

Happy birthday airtac!!!!!
It's all Greek to me!

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 08:33:36 PM »
Oh no! I just see this thread now! I hope you're going to accept a belated happy birthday Jim!

TANTI AUGURI A TEEEEEEEE, TANTI AUGURI A TEEEEEE TANTI AUGURI A JIIIIIIM, TANTI AUGURI A TEEEEEEEE!

|:)\ |:)\ |:)\ |:)\ A big, big kiss from switzerland!
 :-*
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 06:54:17 AM »
Hey Happy, and Gang,

I'm a little worried.  I haven't heard from Daddy Airtac for a little bit, and I'm starting to think he mighta just got in that rotten ole Tequila, and maybe done something a little too wild for his Distinguished Years.  Ahem...  Uhm...

I'm praying for his safe return (I'm at the nunnery right now, of course), and maybe I AM overreacting just a mite, after all, I did buy milk at the store today, and his picture wasn't on the carton.... 

Though I thought I heard some far-off, distant whooping, from the direction of California, the other night......     ::thinking::
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 02:26:42 PM »
Though I thought I heard some far-off, distant whooping, from the direction of California, the other night...... 

Uh, that might have been me whooping it up down yonder in SoCal.  I have been known to bark at the moon on occasion (its a Tequila thing, I reckon)  ::silly:: ::silly:: ::silly:: ::silly:: ::silly::   
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 10:28:35 PM »
Airtac, do you have family in Canada?  Say around the Winnipeg area?
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

airtac

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 01:47:47 AM »
Yep, sure do---did one of them con you out of some money?

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 05:46:19 PM »
No, there is a Riley Thiessen that was our house president for awhile.  His parents own a chevy dealer around Rosenhort I think.  He currently is our house and grounds chairmen and also a commercial aviation major.

Oh and BTW since I forgot to last time, happy B-Day! ::drinking::
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

airtac

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 09:13:11 PM »
No, there is a Riley Thiessen that was our house president for awhile.  His parents own a chevy dealer around Rosenhort I think.  He currently is our house and grounds chairmen and also a commercial aviation major.

Oh and BTW since I forgot to last time, happy B-Day! ::drinking::

Thanks  ::drinking::

Most Thiessen and Nuefeld (mother's maiden name) families arrived in Canada and US from Mennonite colonies in the Ukraine, Poland, and Germany in the latter part of the 1800s.
The Mennonite Colonies were, to a great degree, closed to outsiders so there were a lot of marriages arranged between colony members which made for having a lot of relatives.
And no, I don't mean marriage between cousins--there was just a limited field to pick from.   As a result, just about every Thiessen, Nuefeld, Peters, Wiebe, Isaac, and Sawatsky that I have run across is a distant cousin.   I have traced my name back to a Bartolomous (?) Tiessen of Swedish birth in 1461----going back that far in closed colonies makes for a butt load of relatives and you can give Riley a "Howdy" from a (probably) very distant cousin. ::wave::