Author Topic: Study: Canadian Beer Drinkers Threaten Planet  (Read 10500 times)

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Study: Canadian Beer Drinkers Threaten Planet
« on: November 29, 2007, 09:26:21 PM »
Can you believe that line, Gilly?   ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::unbelieveable:: ::banghead::

Talk about Global-Warming scaremongers running amok!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,313844,00.html

Scientists have found a new threat to the planet: Canadian beer drinkers.

The government-commissioned study says the old, inefficient "beer fridges" that one in three Canadian households use to store their Molson and Labatt's contribute significantly to global warming by guzzling gas- and coal-fired electricity.

"People need to understand the impact of their lifestyles," British environmental consultant Joanna Yarrow tells New Scientist magazine. "Clearly the environmental implications of having a frivolous luxury like a beer fridge are not hitting home. This research helps inform people — let's hope it has an effect."

The problem is that the beer fridges are mostly decades-old machines that began their second careers as beverage dispensers when Canadians upgraded to more energy-efficient models to store whatever Canadians eat besides doughnuts and poutine.

University of Alberta researcher Denise Young, who led the study, suggests that provincial authorities hold beer-fridge buy-backs or round-ups to eliminate the threat — methods that Americans use to get guns off the streets.

And this study was paid for by Canadian's Tax Dollars!  Go figure...  ::rambo:: ::rambo:: ::rambo::

"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
Re: Study: Canadian Beer Drinkers Threaten Planet
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 11:49:25 PM »
I think they should hold a beer drinking contest to eliminate all that global warming causes. ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking:: ::drinking::
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 12:22:22 AM »
The real reason for "global warming"

Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 02:38:54 AM »
..........a frivolous luxury like a beer fridge......

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!   ::eek::

I don't know who this lady is, but send her over here.     ::complaining:

I'd like to BOP her in the NOSE.     ::drinking::      ::drinking::     ::drinking::      ::drinking::

Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 04:46:08 AM »

I'd like to BOP her in the NOSE.     ::drinking::      ::drinking::     ::drinking::      ::drinking::

OK MOM...  How about a comprimise?  You bop her in the nose, and our Canuck friends stuff her useless carcass into one of these fridges?  Hehe, that's one way to stop Global Warming!!!!  <EG>

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2007, 04:48:05 AM »

OK MOM...  How about a comprimise?  You bop her in the nose, and our Canuck friends stuff her useless carcass into one of these fridges?  Hehe, that's one way to stop Global Warming!!!!  <EG>

But then our beer will get warm. Think of the beer man, it's what's most important.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 04:49:44 AM »
Beer-fridge? Why not just use a normal fridge when exist in very energy-efficient versions, at least here.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 04:56:28 AM »
Beer-fridge? Why not just use a normal fridge when exist in very energy-efficient versions, at least here.

Frank

I dunno, Frank.  It must be a Canadian thing.  After all, it is well below freezing right now in Canada and they really need beer heaters to keep their beer from freezing!   ::eek:: ::loony::

airtac

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 05:00:08 AM »

Frank
Frank, a beer fridge is generally an old one kept in the garage where it can be set for the perfect temp for beer (OF COURSE) and so someone won't be cluttering it up with useless junk like ::sick:: food and milk.

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 05:02:05 AM »

Frank

I dunno, Frank.  It must be a Canadian thing.  After all, it is well below freezing right now in Canada and they really need beer heaters to keep their beer from freezing!   ::eek:: ::loony::

You guy's don't have beer fridges? Uh-oh. There's something us Canadians need to teach you. The importance of beer, right down to the proper storage.

airtac

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 05:04:51 AM »
Well actually Gilly my boy, some folks like myself find beer more tasty if you just keep it room temp on the back porch--COLD beer seems so uncivilized ::unbelieveable::

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2007, 05:07:59 AM »
Well actually Gilly my boy, some folks like myself find beer more tasty if you just keep it room temp on the back porch--COLD beer seems so uncivilized ::unbelieveable::

NOOOOO!!! You didn't mean it!! Say you didn't mean it!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2007, 07:03:50 AM »
Tsk, tsk....  I can see people have been brought up without life's TRUE essentials.  What a heartbreaking thought!!    :'(

Airtac is right, it's the old junker that goes in the garage (OR HANGAR), and food, milk and ANY food items are strictly FORBIDDEN. 

And yes, when it's 40 below zero, it DOES keep your beer from freezing, and exploding all over the damned place.   ::drinking::

We didn't have heat in our bedrooms, or a telephone in the house, but we had a Beer Fridge.   ::sulk::

You gotta have priorities...........    ;)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2007, 07:08:37 AM »
I personally think a life essential is flying :D And of course the CW Forum and chat-room  |:)\

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

airtac

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 11:41:58 AM »
Tsk, tsk....  I can see people have been brought up without life's TRUE essentials.  What a heartbreaking thought!!    :'(

Airtac is right, it's the old junker that goes in the garage (OR HANGAR), and food, milk and ANY food items are strictly FORBIDDEN. 

And yes, when it's 40 below zero, it DOES keep your beer from freezing, and exploding all over the damned place.   ::drinking::

We didn't have heat in our bedrooms, or a telephone in the house, but we had a Beer Fridge.   ::sulk::

You gotta have priorities...........    ;)

And THAT, Is why we love you ::bow::