Author Topic: an almost complete cake  (Read 8124 times)

Offline The Dancing Bear

• Fledgling
  • DammifIknow where we're going!"
an almost complete cake
« on: November 27, 2007, 01:50:46 PM »
  Mmph, gorph, mmm. Cake ? Cake ? Uh, what cake ?  This looks suspiciously similiar to some places I've worked .....!    ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ;) :D ;D ;D 
A&P / IA. by profession, Parrothead by choice.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: an almost complete cake
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 03:01:51 PM »
LOL That was a good one! It seems however that Jason has a clean beak, good on ya mate! Sorry to go slightly off-topic on a tangent but my dad did work at a chocolate factory shortly when he was young and I remember he telling me that they said the workers could eat as much as they wanted, however it turned out that they calculated that the new workers soon got tired and would stop, but not my dad so they asked him to stop  ::rofl::
Of course, the latest study shows that 40 grams of dark chocolate (but not any other kind) can help the blood pressure for up to 8 hours.

Back to the main topic, poor Hans, the Roost Air outfit have gotten even more greedy than last time this happend. Of course it could only help his diet ::rofl::

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 06:41:15 PM »
LOL That was a good one! It seems however that Jason has a clean beak, good on ya mate!

Well, Jason is a chocolate manufacturer after all, so probably he just is the only one who can eat a cake without making a mess.

Sorry to go slightly off-topic on a tangent but my dad did work at a chocolate factory shortly when he was young and I remember he telling me that they said the workers could eat as much as they wanted, however it turned out that they calculated that the new workers soon got tired and would stop, but not my dad so they asked him to stop  ::rofl::
Of course, the latest study shows that 40 grams of dark chocolate (but not any other kind) can help the blood pressure for up to 8 hours.

Hahaha! I heard a similar story from a guy working at a chocolate factory, obviously that's a common policy. But apparently no one ever managed to eat as much as your dad there!  ;D I wonder if they have the same policy in breweries!!  ::thinking::

Back to the main topic, poor Hans, the Roost Air outfit have gotten even more greedy than last time this happend. Of course it could only help his diet ::rofl::

I'm sure that they only had the noblest intention and were concerned about Hans' health!!

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 03:39:51 PM »
A friend of mine works at the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream factory here in VT. All employees are allowed 2 pints a day. Since she doesn't eat all that much ice cream, she has a freezer full of it and gives it to her friends....

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 04:17:22 PM »
Wow, talk about job benefits, I've never heard of that as a practice before, but then again I've never worked at an icecream factory, heck we don't even have that brand here to the best of my knowledge.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

airtac

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 04:23:08 PM »
A friend of mine works at the Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream factory here in VT. All employees are allowed 2 pints a day. Since she doesn't eat all that much ice cream, she has a freezer full of it and gives it to her friends....

Brian
CRAP!! I wouldn't be able to waddle after working there for a month! ::eek::

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 05:48:32 PM »
I would probably get tired of it after a week or so....

Now, if it was a beer brewery with similar benefits . .  ;) ;D ::drinking:: ::whistle::
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 07:27:49 PM »
There's a Brew Pub in the next town over from where I live that had a fire in the kitchen a couple of weeks ago. They had only been open 6 months but were doing a great deal of business. Well the Fire Dept. did such a good job in stopping the fire (they should be back open by Christmas) that they are coming out with two new brews.... Smoked Porter and Fire Engine Red Ale.

Brian

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 07:29:54 PM »
Here ya go Frank.... The Netherlands website for Ben & Jerry's

http://www.benjerry.nl/

Brian

-

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 07:44:55 PM »
Ok I stand corrected, we do have one, heck we even have one all-Ben&Jerry's icecream bar in Copenhagen too: http://www.benjerry.dk/Danmark/

I guess I just never looked much at icecream. It's been years since I last ate it apart from at my mom's 65th two weeks ago.

Btw Stef, after looking at the strip again and remembering the past instances of cake-delivery then you might be right about Jason taking a piece but just being better at eating without getting messy, as opposed to the chicks (I remember the former post where they were fighting over a former cake :D).

Frank
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 07:46:32 PM by Frank N. O. »
— Leonardo da Vinci

airtac

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 05:06:16 PM »
OH FRANK -----years since you've eaten ice cream ::eek::--doncha know it's a basic food group like beer ::thinking::

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 05:23:23 PM »
Hahaha, basic food group? No I didn't know that. I eat quality danish dark chocolate daily inbetween my two main meals, that works just fine for me, if I want ice I can step outside and scrape it off the car :D

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

airtac

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 07:24:10 PM »
Hahaha, basic food group? No I didn't know that. I eat quality danish dark chocolate daily inbetween my two main meals, that works just fine for me, if I want ice I can step outside and scrape it off the car :D

Frank
Oh yeah---what's that taste like--sedan?  (just don't try the yellow flavored stuff around the wheels  ::rofl::)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 07:34:13 PM »
Hmm, good idea, maybe I should go past an airport and taste some Cardinal-ice  ::rofl:: (both SoccerMom and PiperGirl both said in the chat this morning that they've seen tons of Cardinals recently and they both instantly though of me every time, now they can think of Cardinals when speaking of icecreamt  ::rofl::)

Frank
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 07:36:43 PM by Frank N. O. »
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 01:56:05 PM »
Hmm, good idea, maybe I should go past an airport and taste some Cardinal-ice  ::rofl:: (both SoccerMom and PiperGirl both said in the chat this morning that they've seen tons of Cardinals recently and they both instantly though of me every time, now they can think of Cardinals when speaking of icecreamt  ::rofl::)

Frank

Naaaaahhhhh... Stick with the Ben and Jerry's.  ;D
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"