Author Topic: Danish Humour: Dash'n'Crash - Land a Dash8 safely game  (Read 6103 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Danish Humour: Dash'n'Crash - Land a Dash8 safely game
« on: November 06, 2007, 07:46:44 AM »
Just found this: http://www.dr.dk/P3/gomorgen/diverseartikler/20071104195035.htm

Original Danish text: Kan DU lande et Dash8-fly sikkert? Prøv det i det nye spil fra Go' Morgen P3.
English: Can YOU land a Dash8-plane safely? Try it in the new game from Good Morning P3.

To start, click "Til Spillet" (To the game), and a window with the game pops up.

DR = Danmarks Radio, the old national broadcast company that now has several radio and tv channels. Go'morgen = Good Morning and P3 is Radio Program 3, the station mainly for younger people.

Frank
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 07:49:25 AM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
Re: Danish Humour: Dash'n'Crash - Land a Dash8 safely game
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 02:15:26 AM »
 ::rofl:: HEY FRANKLIN NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!!!!  ::rofl::
AND Fun!!
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 05:03:23 AM »
Yo, Don!  I haven't seen you posting in a while.  I trust you've been OK?  I would have tried getting together with you on this current trip to Gto if I had known you were around your home and not in Oaxaca.

Sorry to have missed you.  Maybe next time?

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 06:04:08 AM »
Hey Don and Gibbo, long time no see, hope you're doing well  ::wave::

Baradium: I'm not sure this will come back to haunt me when I apply for a pilot-job but I have yet to get that Dash down on the ground in one piece, but maybe it's the controls that I've misunderstood how to use. On my computer it seems impossible to keep the plane in the center. I'll try it in MS FSX now I finally got it re-activated thanks to my brother (like Windows you can only use the original activation key a couple of times and for this new computer install I'd used both of use up so I had to use the automated phone center, oh the horror!).

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

airtac

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 03:24:02 PM »
"Now that's funny, I don't care who ya are !"--thanks Frank
I got it on the ground and stopped the third time--before the right main collapsed :P

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 04:04:28 PM »
Things are getting mad for sure.

Oh, and on Il-2? HOW DO YOU DO THAT????

Hell I have with my joystick + rudder handle + throttle average of 1000+ shots on airplane down, and many many bailouts because of uncontrolable spinning (is it the term? not sure)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 08:22:28 AM »
Ah, finally landed right, very funny! They actually seem to have found the problem for the third incident. The O-ring that got loose and blocked the hydralics was actually for the nosegear and thus smaller than the correct one for a main gear.

I've been trying to fly the authentic Cardinal model I got for FSX but the joystick is really twitchy, or rather, it acts twitchy when looking at the virtual cockpit controls, and as usual it seems it reaches maximum deflection clearly before the joystick does.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci