Author Topic: Do like Chuck and Get Lost (monday 5th nov 2007??)  (Read 4020 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Do like Chuck and Get Lost (monday 5th nov 2007??)
« on: November 06, 2007, 04:26:06 AM »
Really great strip, but I was surprised it was listed as released monday, I know we just changed back from summertime but that can hardly move a whole day can it, or have you changed update-day?

Oh yeah, I just gotta know, is even a part of that conversation something that was said in real life? And who was the "Chuck" in that case? :D

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
Re: Do like Chuck and Get Lost (monday 5th nov 2007??)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 04:28:41 AM »
Harrumph!!!  Sounds like my old Maintenance Dept at my last 135 job!   ::complaining: ::complaining: ::complaining:
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 04:32:58 AM »
I personally found it rather funny, at the expense of Chuck :D Actually when driving to new places my dad usually also got lost the first time, as do I although in my case that's because traffic isn't always that easy to navigate safely thrue or there's something blocking the road and then it's guesswork to take another route. Modern GPS isn't always perfect though, one place in Denmark shows a shortcut that is in fact a private villaroad where tons of cars now blast thrue because GPS says so, in spite of big signs and it's a place for children and such and people drive thrue it at highway speeds because the GPS says it's a main road  ::loony::

Edit: Oh yeah, as you remember then the student (what was his name again btw?) has been bothering Julio a lot, and of course we all know that Julio has hinds feather's full with fixing all that Chuck has touched  ::rofl::

Frank
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 04:35:35 AM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 05:07:08 AM »
Really great strip, but I was surprised it was listed as released monday, I know we just changed back from summertime but that can hardly move a whole day can it, or have you changed update-day?

C'mon Frank.  ::)
Did you read the blog underneath?
My brother is still on vacation and I am still on fires. So, I decided I update the strip a day early since I will be away from the internet most of the day tomorrow and I don't want anybody to be disappointed.
Remember, fire pilots don't get an office with constant access to the internet all day  ;)

No update-days have changed!
And the water still drains the toilet bowl the way it always did!  ;D ::rofl::
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 05:29:16 AM »
I thought I did read the blog, but I must've missed that sorry. Actually I was just wondering but it wasn't serious wondering so no worries needed on my account.

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline The Dancing Bear

• Fledgling
  • DammifIknow where we're going!"
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 03:50:39 PM »
Ya' can have one or the other,it's your choice, either a fixed airplane, or advice, they both cost the same. ;) Just remember,you need wings of some kind to fly. ::whistle::
A&P / IA. by profession, Parrothead by choice.

Offline Skid Kid

• Fledgling
  • Zulu Time!
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 12:36:17 AM »
Pretty much my attitude when a pilot comes and snoops around the bird I'm workin on!  I gotta be polite thanks to a silly little thing called customs and courtesies...  ::banghead::
Don't worry, it'll buff out.