Author Topic: Is this video real or made-up? Flight Attendant with humour and fashion-sense.  (Read 3613 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ta9ltJGxjk

Some say it's fake, and it is interesting the camera only records out the window, but maybe it's not allowed to film inside? In any case the sound does seem realistic but I've never been in an airliner so I can't say for sure, but the show does sound funny at least, and I have heard other stories about flight attendants with a sense of humour before.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster

Some say it's fake, and it is interesting the camera only records out the window, but maybe it's not allowed to film inside? In any case the sound does seem realistic but I've never been in an airliner so I can't say for sure, but the show does sound funny at least, and I have heard other stories about flight attendants with a sense of humour before.

Frank

That's a Southwest 737... no big surprise for them to have someone talking like that.  Southwest is somewhat known for their collective sense of humor.

The likely reason the camera only records out the window is because it is illegal for that camera to be turned on and filming and the person was probobly trying to hide it (and thus didn't want to move it from how they were probobly trying to non obviously hold it).

While Federal law only specifically prohibits electronic devices on takeoff, approach, and landing it also requires full compliance with flight crewmember instructions (one of which is always to turn off electronic devices when the door is closed for departure).  Whether the camera would be allowed in cruise flight is another matter.

The reason they had it at the window in the first place was likely to film the takeoff.  There are a number of people who like filming takeoffs and landings on camera.  Generally they don't pan around as the camera is never supposed to be on for either and they don't want to get caught.  As an example, here's a video from one of our 1900s landing in Kotzebue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCFmqwId108
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.

Frank

Its real---Its Southwest---some of their briefings are a hoot.....
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
Yep, before I stopped using the airlines, I flew Southwest quite a bit. Some of the C.A.s had us rolling in the aisles, some only wished we were.. and even the more subdued ones still managed to get a quip in here and there. At times, it was a pilot on the P.A.
Too bad about the whole Fed/TSA thing...

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
hehehe I love flying Southwest. I just flew to CA and back last weekend on Southwest! On the way out there, the crew should have applied for Last comic standing or something. They had the passengers just laughing the whole way!  ::rofl:: To bad some of the airport TSA people don't seem to have much of a sense of humor...
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"