Author Topic: Caption contest...  (Read 9403 times)

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
Caption contest...
« on: October 30, 2007, 12:52:09 PM »

Ad campaign for fuel truck.."How tough is your truck"
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
Re: Caption contest...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 12:58:28 PM »
Chuck!!!! When I said you needed to be closer to the truck, I didnt mean that close! ::wave::
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 01:28:32 PM »
Pardon the question but did they survive? Btw, that looks like Norway (I thought Denmark first but then noticed the shield on the copcar and the LN-registration on the helicopter).
Edit: I'm searching online for news, and a found a june 2006 picture of it still intact, and it said the company is called: Velocity Never Exceed Helicopters AS (AS means Inc. in english).
Edit2: Found it, it's a new accident, I found ti mentioned in the norwegian flightsim forum (that also had a big thread about the recent third Q400 incident).
Three people onboard, only light injuries, and the truck had 7000 liters of diesel in the tank!
Edit3: Holy heck, here's the thread I found the news in, and check out the avatar on the 4th poster! Chuck has invaded Norway! :D http://www.flightsim.no/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=370745#Post370745

Frank
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 01:42:01 PM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 03:04:08 AM »
"You're not supposed to start a loop from a hover, Chuck!"
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 03:23:24 AM »
I said land IN the re-fueling area and NEAR the fuel truck  ::) NOT in ... Oh never mind  ;D
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Franz

• Cockerel
  • Glider Pilot
    • Sportfluggruppe Leck
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 01:06:10 PM »
"I  N E V E R  told you the R44 was rated for inverted flight"
or
"When I told you to get into the fuel truck that implied that you should get out of the helicopter first."

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 01:16:19 PM »

"When I told you to get into the fuel truck that implied that you should get out of the helicopter first."

::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::bow::
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline 4X-NTY

• Rooster
  • Everythings is alright
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 08:49:26 AM »
Guys,how come you don't see that it's not chuck?! this is obviously a classic game of "chicken" that went wrong and we all know that chuck would pull up miles away!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 08:51:46 AM by 4X-NTY »
Nitay "Pitz" Ronen

Offline Hwkdriver

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 04:28:48 AM »
WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS THING DOESN'T HAVE AN AERIAL REFUELING PROBE!!!!????    ::unbelieveable::
Craig
3,000 TT Helicopter
UH-60 Instructor Pilot
UH-1 qualified also

Treat every situation like a dog.  If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

airtac

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 05:52:44 AM »
WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS THING DOESN'T HAVE AN AERIAL REFUELING PROBE!!!!????    ::unbelieveable::

HAHAHAA-- as a dog owner, I think your signature is a scream ::rofl::

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 02:43:16 PM »
 ::wave:: Welcome Hwkdriver, funny signature indeed  ::rofl::

That quote line does kind of remind me of the video of the US helicopter that cut it's own probe off with the rotors while trying to hook-up to a tanker, what a Chuck-moment! Good thing it looked like the rotors were still intact so it could land safely! :o

Btw, who is that in your avatar? I think I know but with the rock-fans in here I'm afraid of mixing up names.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 03:21:13 PM »
Btw, who is that in your avatar? I think I know but with the rock-fans in here I'm afraid of mixing up names.

Jon Bon Jovi, I believe. ::thinking:: ::thinking:: ::thinking::
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 03:35:54 PM »

Jon Bon Jovi, I believe. ::thinking:: ::thinking:: ::thinking::

I think you're only halfway there. Livin' on a prayer :P :P :P :P :P :P
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 04:52:52 PM »

Frank

OH MY GOD FRANK !!!   ::eek::  ::eek::  ::unbelieveable::

and here I go thinking you're a true Chicken Wings fan . . . ::banghead:: ::complaining:

remember Chuck is a huge Bon Jovi fan ?!?  ;D ::wave::
he sings "we're half where there..."on every cross country trip which drives Julio nuts.  ;D
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 06:08:38 PM »
 ::rofl:: Hey hey hey, calm down, Keep the Faith! I am a true Chicken Wings fan. Bon Jovi was who I was most sure it was  ::wave::

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci