Author Topic: Chuck and Phil  (Read 8466 times)

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
Chuck and Phil
« on: January 10, 2006, 02:38:38 PM »
Good one! Given the earlier strips (where Chuck got lost around DC) it would be fun to have him show up at AOPA HQ and get attacked by the staff!

I've often thought that the penalty the FAA should have given to the pilot (not the student passenger) who busted the DC ADIZ and caused all the problems was to force him to go to Airventure, put him on the announcer stand and announce "Folks... this is the guy who caused the problem in DC. Take a good look at him so you know what he looks like... we'll be turning him loose on Aeroshell Square in about 10 minutes. Note: Please take care not to damage any of the aircraft there with your bats as you rush to 'meet' this guy..."

Problem solved!  ;D

TM
"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."

Offline Inept

Re: Chuck and Phil
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 02:53:14 PM »
Aopa has been kind enough to publish an article about those events in the Jan 2006 Aopa Pilot magazine.   Here is the link to the article. 

http://www.aopa.org/members/files/pilot/2006/flight0601.html

I hope that it works, but since it's a link into the members section, I'm not sure if it will without logging into the AOPA site.

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 04:24:55 PM »
Aopa has been kind enough to publish an article about those events in the Jan 2006 Aopa Pilot magazine.   Here is the link to the article. 

That article was excellent for several reasons. First, it gave the pilot and student pilot/passenger an opportunity to explain the incedent from their perspectives. Second, it documented problems with the government side in terms of dealing with the situation (i.e., couldn't make radio contact, etc.).

Speaking of Phil B.... there was a lot of excited talk at my local airport (BMI) a few months ago. He was in the AOPA Citation and had to divert for wx. Apparently, while his plane was getting fuel, he walked in to the FBO where I work part time as a CFI, bought a bag of chips and a bottle of pop from the VERY SAME vending machines I use, paid for his fuel, and left. No word on if he used an AOPA credit card to get a 5% discount on his bill  :D

TM
"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 04:29:29 PM »
hahahahahahahaha.... you even have the "crazy" eye in there... LOL....  :D :D ;D
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 10:49:50 AM »
Uhm... The "crazy eye" was not intended, to be honest! Seems to be a funny coincidence! Are you talking about Phil B.? Because Jason has got some crazy eyes there too for sure...  ;D

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 12:17:08 PM »

Speaking of Phil B.... there was a lot of excited talk at my local airport (BMI) a few months ago. He was in the AOPA Citation and had to divert for wx. Apparently, while his plane was getting fuel, he walked in to the FBO where I work part time as a CFI, bought a bag of chips and a bottle of pop from the VERY SAME vending machines I use, paid for his fuel, and left. No word on if he used an AOPA credit card to get a 5% discount on his bill :D

TM

That's funny Turbo!
We should find out about that. Who knows, maybe he'll join our forum some day and tell us about his credit card  ;D

Speaking of forums:
Has anybody heard if there was a reaction at the AOPA about the strip? In one of their forums maybe?
Are any of you guys in any of the AOPA forums?

As you can imagine we're anxious to find out if everybody thought the strip was funny.
We thought it was !!! HEH HEH  :D
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 02:50:16 PM »
Uhm... The "crazy eye" was not intended, to be honest! Seems to be a funny coincidence! Are you talking about Phil B.? Because Jason has got some crazy eyes there too for sure...  ;D

Yeah Phil B... ;D
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 01:59:23 AM »
I just checked over at AOPA again and it looks like our AOPA strip didn't trigger any reaction what so ever. Interesting.
There is one guy in their forum who thinks our strips are, in his words, "terrible".
Wow, I was hurt!

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2006, 04:20:19 AM »
I just checked over at AOPA again and it looks like our AOPA strip didn't trigger any reaction what so ever. Interesting.
There is one guy in their forum who thinks our strips are, in his words, "terrible".
Wow, I was hurt!

That guy takes life and aviation way too seriously, then. 
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 03:08:55 PM »
Wow, I was hurt!

I wouldn't be to hurt, there are some people think "Ishtar" was the best film ever made... ;D 

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2006, 05:16:51 AM »
Thanks guys!
I know we can't make EVERYBODY laugh.

Turns out that guy is on the speech writing staff for the president.
That explains some of it....
(maybe we're not politically relevant ;))

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2006, 10:32:35 AM »
Yeah, true. Nobody can make a comic that everyone finds funny. There's more comics that I don't like than ones I like, I guess. However, I don't go bad-mouthing them... Ah, whatever! F... orget that bugger!  ;D
He's writing for which president? For Phil or for George?

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2006, 05:54:44 AM »
You guys have a strong and wide following as can be seen alone by the forum members so don't worry (in case you were) :)

Regarding the guy, you mean a speech-writer for the President of the USA doesn't have any sense of humour? Seriously, if he doesn't think this comic is funny then chances are that he doesn't like much humour at all, and personally that troubles me that a person connected to such power can't enjoy a laugh and distinguish a joke from reality, I hope I'm wrong about my evaluation of him.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2006, 06:55:22 PM »
Lewis Black has a bit about senses of humor.  Basicly, if you can't take a joke, you'll eventually snap and do damage to yourself and/or others.  He puts it a lot more humorously, and a lot less politically correct.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty