Author Topic: Incase you get bored flying circles in your helicopter... :)  (Read 3201 times)

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
Incase you get bored flying circles in your helicopter... :)
« on: October 17, 2007, 01:51:54 PM »
 ::cowboy::
In-Flight Entertainment For Helicopters
Helicopter passengers can now enjoy their favorite tunes, movies and other types of entertainment thanks to what Avionics Innovations calls a "breakthrough" in in-flight entertainment (IFE) technology. The Integrated Cabin Entertainment system is designed to withstand the high-vibration environment of helicopters without skipping a beat. The unit is also mounted vertically to take up less space but the company said that compounded the performance challenges. "A long-standing unmet IFE need, a vertical mounting places more stress on playback units’ tracking ability, but the rugged, high-reliability ICE (Integrated Cabin Entertainment) system player passed all test procedures," said a company news release. The system features a DVD/CD playback system that's also available with Sirius satellite radio, a video amplifier and LCD screen. A passenger control unit is also included.
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/bizav/979-full.html#196396
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
Re: Incase you get bored flying circles in your helicopter... :)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 01:03:29 AM »
Helicopter passengers can now enjoy their favorite tunes, movies and other types of entertainment thanks to what Avionics Innovations calls a "breakthrough" in in-flight entertainment (IFE) technology. The Integrated Cabin Entertainment system is designed to withstand the high-vibration environment of helicopters without skipping a beat. The unit is also mounted vertically to take up less space but the company said that compounded the performance challenges. "A long-standing unmet IFE need, a vertical mounting places more stress on playback units’ tracking ability, but the rugged, high-reliability ICE (Integrated Cabin Entertainment) system player passed all test procedures," said a company news release. The system features a DVD/CD playback system that's also available with Sirius satellite radio, a video amplifier and LCD screen. A passenger control unit is also included.

When I flew in Hawaii, we had 10 disc CD players on our helicopters. I even have an auxiliary audio input on Lucy and LaFawnduh so I can listen to my tunes on XM radio while dropping buckets... There you go airtac.. now you know the reason us bucket droppers miss occasionally..too busy rockin to the beat..  ::whistle::  ::whistle::  ::whistle::  ::whistle::
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 12:18:39 AM by G-man »
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

airtac

Re: Incase you get bored flying circles in your helicopter... :)
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 12:24:48 AM »

When I flew in Hawaii, we had 10 disc CD players on our helicopters. I even have an auxiliary audio input on Lucy and LaFawnduh so I can listen to my tunes on XM radio while dropping buckets... There you go airtac.. now you know the reason us bucket droppers miss occasionally..too busy rockin to the beat..  ::whistle::  ::whistle::  ::whistle::  ::whistle::

I've wondered why I hear the occasional "3HT off the dip, uh-huh uh-huh I like it" ::rofl::