Author Topic: Why I like to fly or would like to  (Read 11555 times)

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
WAIT A MINUTE !!!
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2006, 05:39:53 AM »
When I was a little boy my dad was a helo pilot with the Guatemalan Air Force, flying hueys and 412's, I started getting rides and I loved flying. I remember this one time when he got asked to ferry a chopper from one air force base to another, and decided to get the whole family. each one flew in the left seat (copilot's) for a while but I was jealous whenever I wasn't in the left seat. I was hooked and I knew then and there I was going to be a pilot, and I'm training for it.

WAIT A MINUTE !!!

ARE YOU MO's SON ???!    ???

(I remember a certain thread.... http://www.chickenwingscomics.com/forum/index.php?topic=19.0)

« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 05:46:03 AM by Mike »
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline MO

• Fledgling
  • Any time, any where...
    • The Latin American Aviation Historical Society
Re: Why I like to fly or would like to
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2006, 02:13:32 PM »

Ha ha ha ha! Good one Mike... He's not my son, but I do remember his father when I was part of the Guatemalan Air Force...

Saludos!

Offline madpilot44

• Cockerel
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2006, 04:08:49 PM »
HAHA no mike, I'm not... but I'm sure my dad and MO met while in the FAG. I don't really have the honor myself though...

Saludos!
To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home.

Offline madpilot44

• Cockerel
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 04:29:39 PM »
BTW... I think it's in the wrong topic, but MO, I guess you could say "...I flew with your dad..." jaja  ;D
To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2006, 05:12:57 PM »
How funny...
..I guess the Guatemalan Air Force is bigger than I thought ;D
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Callisto

• Cockerel
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2006, 08:01:55 PM »
Mean while back at the thread  ;D (not to break up a quazi family reunion... LOL)

I would love to learn to fly because I want to look down on the world with contempt... *ahem* was that out loud?...

Seriously, I live near Lewis University (LOT) and my girlfriend and I go to dinner near Clow Int (1C5) often and I see small aircraft buzzin’ around all the time. I just imagine the freedom those guys get just taking to the sky, cruising all over the place.

A few years back I worked near LL10 in Naperville, IL Where the Lima Lima Flight Team is based (the acrobatic team that fly those bright yellow T-34 Mentor's) They would take off and land, fly over head in formation often. That was cool. I heard the drone of 6 propeller driven T-34's and would look out and see them in a diamond formation, one by one they would peel off and land.

I fly MSFS ALL THE TIME. I have more hours taking off at Meigs 36 than most pilots do in real life!  :D

I will sit in front of my computer for HOURS. My GF doesn't understand it... I guess that's why I've read about that AIDS fireflyr keeps talking about.  ;D

I don’t know it’s difficult to explain… but I guess you all know what I’m getting at, which is why I’m digging this “Chicken Wings Comics” thing!
If not completely satisfied with this post, return unused portion for full refund.