Author Topic: "A 1st Time for Everything"..... I guess?!?  (Read 33050 times)

airtac

Re: "A 1st Time for Everything"..... I guess?!?
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2007, 11:20:01 AM »
What's the Russian phrase for "Let's try it on the washer, spin cycle, uneven load" ::whistle::

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2007, 02:07:40 PM »
If you can explain the meaning of this sentence, I can translate.

Esli ty obiasnish chto eto znachit, mogu perevodit...

Chitaet zdes kto-to kyrilliku? Krome zhenushki R/C? Esli ia mogu russkoi klaviaturi uzhit
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2007, 05:17:00 AM »
What's the Russian phrase for "Let's try it on the washer, spin cycle, uneven load" ::whistle::

AIRTAC!!!!!!  Wellll!!!!!!!   :o

Is THAT why, every time Dispatch tried to find you for a Fire Call, they'd say "He's gone, doing laundry again...." ?!?!?!?!?!?   ::thinking::    ::unbelieveable::   
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2007, 05:50:22 AM »

This is friggin hilarious--I used to have a similar phrase when I had tourist with their "japanese-english" translation books.. I would speak s l o w l y and say--"Your hovercraft is full of jellied eels" and sit back and watch the funas they try to figure it out.  ::whistle:: ::whistle::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

airtac

« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2007, 02:35:16 PM »

AIRTAC!!!!!!  Wellll!!!!!!!   :o

Is THAT why, every time Dispatch tried to find you for a Fire Call, they'd say "He's gone, doing laundry again...." ?!?!?!?!?!?   ::thinking::    ::unbelieveable::   
I had the only laundry room on the block with a champagne bucket and candle holders 8)

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2007, 06:27:00 PM »
whats the noise restrictions like? if the neighbours dont mind two stroke engines can i bring my R/C models over? fed up of flying in a small farmers feild with tight approches due to trees and down drafts lol
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2007, 05:23:17 AM »

Chitaet zdes kto-to kyrilliku? Krome zhenushki R/C? Esli ia mogu russkoi klaviaturi uzhit

Dude, I don't think anyone other than her and I are reading this pa Russki.  Plus, we do not have a Cyrillic keyboard.  I can kinda piece stuff together from Cyrillic writing, but its easier for everyone else if we keep doing it on regular keyboards.  Then everyone can have fun going to their favorite translation program and try to figure out what is being said.  Hehe.

Izvenitye za zadierschku, Fabo! 
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2007, 06:46:52 AM »
whats the noise restrictions like? if the neighbours dont mind two stroke engines can i bring my R/C models over? fed up of flying in a small farmers feild with tight approches due to trees and down drafts lol

Haaaa, Oddball...  well, from what I can tell, I don't think you would pose much of a problem here.   :D  Tonight was the annual Christmas party for anyone anywhere near here, and wow, what a crowd!  I didn't think there were that many people around here, even....  and, a large pack of young children discovered the old player piano in the corner of the living room, and all I can say is, you may have heard the songs at your house!!!    :D 

So, airplanes??  Noise??  Engines???  I'd say:  No problem, mate!!     ::rofl::

8)

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2007, 10:33:04 AM »

Dude, I don't think anyone other than her and I are reading this pa Russki.  Plus, we do not have a Cyrillic keyboard.  I can kinda piece stuff together from Cyrillic writing, but its easier for everyone else if we keep doing it on regular keyboards.  Then everyone can have fun going to their favorite translation program and try to figure out what is being said.  Hehe.

Izvenitye za zadierschku, Fabo! 

Нет проблема Р/Ц :) У виндовса есть такой програм, клавиатура в образе, я его уживаю...

пс: извините за мои русский, я самоцчка...
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2007, 02:55:44 PM »

Haaaa, Oddball...  well, from what I can tell, I don't think you would pose much of a problem here.   :D  Tonight was the annual Christmas party for anyone anywhere near here, and wow, what a crowd!  I didn't think there were that many people around here, even....  and, a large pack of young children discovered the old player piano in the corner of the living room, and all I can say is, you may have heard the songs at your house!!!    :D 

8)
in that case i have to come over some time  and  show you all how to land and take off in a short space  ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::drinking:: :P
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

airtac

« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2007, 04:38:04 PM »

8)
in that case i have to come over some time  and  show you all how to land and take off in a short space  ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::drinking:: :P
Sounds like a job for "HELICOPTER MAN"!

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2008, 04:42:23 AM »
Just a note....  Hangar living is great!!   :D

So far, the tally from flying buddies is 100% Thumbs Up......  so far, so good....  can't wait for springtime to come and go, so the strip will dry out.   :)

The beer's cold....   8)

airtac

« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2008, 03:36:17 PM »
Expect the unexpected-- ::eek::-- I might show up when you aren't looking to collect that beer.
Doing some ferry work for a South African company this winter, they are going to buy at least 20 airplanes this winter/spring from all over the US.
Just got back from Indiana yesterday with a 2004 172XP, nice airplane but when I got to North Platte NE the icing forecast over Wyoming forced me South around Denver to Las Vegas.   A 16 hour trip home turned into 23 hours flight time (7 hrs IMC) headwinds over Colorado gave me a 61K groundspeed at one point ::banghead::
I ran out of clean underwear after 3 days ::complaining:  ::sick::
A lot of fun though, dropping into airports where friends put me up at home for 2 of the 5 nights I was gone |:)\

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2008, 02:58:20 AM »
Heyy, sounds like FUN!   ::bow:: 

Wow, 61 knots over the ground, huh?  Whaddaya tryin' to do here, make me feel good or somethin'?!?!?   ::rofl::   ::rofl::

Sounds like a great trip.  But, since when did you start wearing underwear?!?   ::eek::   ::whistle::

airtac

« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2008, 03:12:13 AM »
DO YOU EVER ANSWER YOUR PHONE ::complaining: ::complaining: ::complaining: ::complaining: ::complaining: