Author Topic: "A 1st Time for Everything"..... I guess?!?  (Read 33123 times)

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: "A 1st Time for Everything"..... I guess?!?
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2007, 12:13:20 AM »
Hi Happy!!!!!! 

Big hugs to you -- way to go on your book -- that is just AWESOME.

Hey, the door here is open, the fridge is full...  the beers are COLD!  All my silly Idaho buds have YET to fly in to see me...  Hmmmpphh!   ::sulk::  Something about it being "about 3000 feet too SHORT"...  Hmmmpphh!!   ::sulk::  The whiners...  the chickens....  HEY, CHICKENS!!   :D   :D 

The party invitation is THERE.  Finis!   ::bow:: 

::drinking:: 
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2007, 12:57:04 AM »
I can do without the beer but I wouldn't pass on a Chicken Wings party for the world! Even though I have to cross almost half of it to get there in the first place :D

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2007, 07:59:02 AM »
For curiosity's sake... what's the nearest commercial airport and how far?
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2007, 09:27:25 PM »
Bosie ID (KBOI),  I think

Brian
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 12:39:20 AM by TheSoccerMom »

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2007, 06:46:34 AM »
Uhh...  why the location check?!?   :D

You workin' for UPS over the Christmas rush or something?!?!?  Ohhh, maybe you're bringing me that Russian Mail Order Husband I've been waiting for, for 2 months now?!?   Those sorry SOBs at UPS Customer Service said they'd "get right on it", but there was a LOT of snickering in the background....

Oh gee, I sure hope that's what it is.....  I just had a special Vodka Fridge installed in the hangar, too....  nothing's too good for a discount husband....  Oh, I just can't wait to see Yuri!!!   :D

8)

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2007, 12:41:36 PM »
Ehm... ugh... You sure of Russia? Some guys try to make me go to the USA with them over last two days... I may call them that I am going after all ::rofl::
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2007, 06:04:27 AM »
 ::rofl::

Ah Fabo!!  Too good!!   ::rofl::

I worked with a really cool woman years ago -- she spoke fluent Russian and spent a lot of time over there, teaching and then guiding tours, etc.  She was a "character" -- in all the good ways.  She was just hilarious.   :D

One time when she got back to the States she broke out one of the many bottles of vodka she had (she never packed stupid things, like CLOTHES), anyway, we were all pestering her to no end, to teach us ONE phrase, in Russian, that would be... let us say, indispensable.

She brightened, and said,"Oh, that's easy!"  and then proceeded to make all 10 of us, rehearse this phrase over and over..  and over..  and OVER....ad nauseum.

We had it DOWN..  just perfect!

Satisfied, she got up to walk away and we all protested, "Hey!  Hey!  What does it mean?"  and she grinned and said "I want sex on the floor."   ::unbelieveable::

Fast forward to about 5 years ago, when the Russian smokejumpers came to the USA to jump with us, compare gear, parachutes, and operations, etc., in a neat exchange program......  there were three really great guys, whom we all loved dearly.

I simply had to see if my old friend had taught us correctly, so once I got to know how funny they were, I just HAD to try it out.  At the end of a briefing, before we went flying on a jump for them, I spit out the long-buried phrase....  HOOO-WHEEE!!  WOW, she IS a good teacher!!!!!!!!

::rofl::      ::rofl::      ::rofl::      ::rofl::      ::rofl::      ::rofl::      ::rofl::      ::rofl::      ::rofl::     ::rofl::    ::rofl::     ::rofl::   

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2007, 12:47:23 PM »
 ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2007, 02:04:10 PM »
Uhh...  why the location check?!?   :D

You workin' for UPS over the Christmas rush or something?!?!?  Ohhh, maybe you're bringing me that Russian Mail Order Husband I've been waiting for, for 2 months now?!?   Those sorry SOBs at UPS Customer Service said they'd "get right on it", but there was a LOT of snickering in the background....

Mom, you would be better off getting him through DHL.  I don't think UPS serves Russia at all.  If it does it'll be just Moscow and St Petersburg

Oh gee, I sure hope that's what it is.....  I just had a special Vodka Fridge installed in the hangar, too....  nothing's too good for a discount husband....  Oh, I just can't wait to see Yuri!!!   :D

8)

That's funny... my wife's middle name is Yurievna, which translates to "Yuri's daughter".  Gosh, I sure hope you ain't marrying him!  According to my wife, he's a drunk good-for-nothing.  Hehe.   ;D
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

airtac

« Reply #69 on: December 13, 2007, 02:13:42 PM »
 "simply had to see if my old friend had taught us correctly, so once I got to know how funny they were, I just HAD to try it out.  At the end of a briefing, before we went flying on a jump for them, I spit out the long-buried phrase....  HOOO-WHEEE!!  WOW, she IS a good teacher!!!!!!!! "

AND THE RESULT WAS....................?

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2007, 11:01:38 PM »
Daddy Airtac, they kept running out to my plane and wouldn't get out, all the while professing a LOT of pretty wild things, not that I know Russian, but I can pick up on a few gestures, NO problem!     :D

HEEEEEEEEEEE  HEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ::angel::

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2007, 11:14:19 PM »
Nu stcho dzhe. Ot etovo nikto nikagda ne umeral. I think... it's been 20+ years since I studied that.

TM
"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2007, 12:02:06 AM »
.....which means.........??    :-X

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2007, 12:45:03 AM »

As for me.   I prefer the table.

Nah,  I've got no clue what it means.
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2007, 03:03:34 AM »

Something like "Oh well, no one has ever died from that."

TM
"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."